Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

I've seen a look of evil in your eyes You've been filling me all full of lies Sorrow will not change your shameful deeds Evil Woman, by Black Sabbath

Emo Forums » General Emo Discussion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Goth Culture Declining? Aug 28 2008, 04:32 PM
As we all know the 'emo' scene is still very much out there and growing, but do you think the goth scene is declining? Vicki mentioned and I agree that you don't see as many goths about anymore.

Replies

shepardosdemon
Aug 28 2008, 04:40 PM
Thats very true and now you have said it, I cant remember seeing a goth for a long time :S Its not good, I like goths, again it was kind of because of a goth that I started liking rock.
Fatalx
Aug 29 2008, 05:37 PM
I still see a lot of goths out there. Probably because the goths actually outnumber the emos here, so I have to hang out with a lot of them. I'm more worried about the emo culture declining. I mean, it's growing in some places (Mexico seems to be entranced by emo at the moment), but the flow of emo bands, famous emo people, emo icons. They all seem to be slowing lately. It seems like scene is taking over where emo left off, to me at least.
Emo Pictures - MrRazorblade
MrRazorblade
Aug 30 2008, 02:32 AM
A goth introduced me to the power of rock too ^^ (I listened Hip-Hop and R&B before that o_O). But yeah... I don't see any goths anymore. A lot of goths I knew from school changed their appearance. :/ I don't know about the rest of the planet, but here in Holland everyone wants to dress like their favorite rapper -_-"
Emo Pictures - JustMe
JustMe
Aug 30 2008, 02:25 PM
Oooohh...Thats Actually A Good Point. Where Are The Goths These Days? The Only Goths I See Are The Two That Live Down The Road...They Aren't About Lately Though... Maybe They Are Trying To Take Over The World And Are Busy Planning =]
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Aug 31 2008, 10:14 AM
Hehe yea just maybe and I agree with everything you said Nathan.
victhevamp
Aug 31 2008, 03:04 PM
oooo i wonder how 'goths' would take over the world, manson as the leader? *tries soooo hard not to go off topic* anyways theres def a lack of goth/gothic style people in my area, alot of people my area now are more indle/scene...
shepardosdemon
Aug 31 2008, 03:06 PM
we need a partision, how ever you spell it. well one to get more goths back :D
victhevamp
Aug 31 2008, 03:17 PM
you mean pertition? (not sure if thats the right spelling either) hmmm i guess its just a change in trends/styles i guess, not sure a pertition would work but worth a shot :D
Emo Pictures - Alexander-ANTIhero
Alexander-ANTIhero
Aug 31 2008, 03:20 PM
Partition* English student. xD Anyways, where I live we have The Green, which is basically a square of land that gets overrun with goths/similar every weekend. It's amazinggg. Not as good as it used to be, but what is nowadays? ;D No shortage of moody, unwashed black-wearing teens in Newcastle, nope.
victhevamp
Aug 31 2008, 03:33 PM
its a shame because like traditonal goths are always sooo happy people and wicked to hang about with :D i remember this traditional goth guy at college, pure black clothing, leather, pericings, tats etc and he always had a smile on his face :D
Fatalx
Aug 31 2008, 04:23 PM
@Alexander-ANTIhero: Haha. You hang out at The Green? Maybe that's how both the Newcastle members here haven't really noticed a shortage of goths. xD I must have seen you sometime.. I'll look out for you, although it'd be impossible to miss that awesome hair. xD
Alexander-ANTIhero
Aug 31 2008, 04:35 PM
Fatalx; Naw, I'm not at the Green very much at all really, my friends and I tend to go to Leazes Park a lot on weekends. I'll keep an eye out for you on my weekend wanderings, though. :x
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Sep 01 2008, 01:57 PM
Well www.soEmo.co.uk is all for the goth culture. I'm sure a lot of people from the goth scene hate those into the emo scene with a passion though..
Alexander-ANTIhero
Sep 01 2008, 02:45 PM
Which is silly, when there are chavs around to combine hatred upon. :/
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Sep 02 2008, 10:55 AM
Yeah, yeah rub it in you two! :P I'm always hearing about this 'The Green' - I know loads up in Newcastle you see, but that's beside the point. Grr! Why couldn't they have something like that down here... There really needs to be more 'alternative gatherings' in more areas. I mean frequent ones where people just turn up and mix things in with other cultures. Anyway, back on topic now - I see what everyone means. I see the occasional Goth walking around now and then but not many. Everyone is either Scene or Emo these days. That excludes the WEmos, but I'll throw them in with Scene I think :D
Sep 02 2008, 03:07 PM
there are no goths where i live....barely even any emos either, unless i just don't see them around anymore.....but i agree with JustMe- they probably are planning to take over the world!! .....Shepardosdemon- and Marilyn Manson as their leader - hmmmm *gives me ideas*
xthextreexgodess
Sep 28 2008, 03:07 AM
its sad but tru but i rely lik the goth scne
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Sep 28 2008, 06:16 AM
Yea I know. I'd be interested if anyone can find any other discussions or facts about the goth culture declining.
victhevamp
Sep 29 2008, 03:41 PM
yeh goths always look pretty but they all seem to have gone like moshers and gone more tomboy style....like most girls now when they go out wear a band t shirt and jeans wheres before they dressed more girly in gothic skirts and dresses...just something random ive noticed lately...
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Oct 05 2008, 05:10 AM
Well, we still have you Vicki! :D

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More