Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

I'm not a spectacle, I'm not alright, I'm not a fucking joke, I'm not alright I can't breathe, by VAMPIRES EVERYWHERE!

Emo Forums » Emo Fashion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - bymyowndesignifall
bymyowndesignifall
Emo/ Scene kids Influenced by Japanese fruits? Nov 23 2008, 10:21 AM
Ok so this is the topic I am doing my dissertation on at uni, I figured this is the perfect place to get opinions about it. Having looked into Japanese street fashions in detail it has become clear that us in the West are heavily influenced by Japanese street fashions such as Fruits, Lolita, Gothic Lolita and Cosplay. look here to see what these fashions look like: http://www.japaneselifestyle.com.au/fashion/japanese_street_fashion.html In Harajuku Japan these fashions are everywhere, they are worn to show self expression (however it is not typically because of the music they listen to) just like emos dress in such a way to display their emotions. Does anyone agree that the emo/ scene fashion (especially the hair styles and accessories such as bows) has been adopted from Japan?

Replies

Emo Pictures - AcousticVaila
AcousticVaila
Nov 23 2008, 11:50 AM
I know for a fact scene hair is taken from Japanese anime. And emo hair may or may not be taken from Visual/ oshare kei. I mean, visual kei is older than emo, and some styles are very similar. And Japanese nagoya kei is very similar to emo and gothic fashions, just as Oshare kei is similar to our punk fashions
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Nov 23 2008, 12:23 PM
Hey Katie I'd say emo kids style has been somewhat influenced by Japanese street fashion because 'emo' in it's original context didn't look much like it is today. It was mainly about the music, but that's another debate.. The fashion that has become associated with the emo scene must have come from somewhere else and as well as goth, punk, I'd say some of the Japanese street fashion as well from looking at that link. Plus many say emo has become what is has today largely due to the Internet and I'm sure Japanese street fashion is widely known on the Web as well...
victhevamp
Nov 27 2008, 08:39 AM
ive researched into this a bit too when i was at uni, yeh id say some was influenced from japanese fruits because they carnt think of anything knew so they nick it from other fashions! plus japan is becoming more popular for example the fashion, the products they do, the food, the films (anime) etc so as it becomes more popular the people will get into the fashion more
Emo Pictures - bymyowndesignifall
bymyowndesignifall
Nov 30 2008, 07:35 AM
Yeah, the more I research into it the more obvious it is, although the Japanese street fashion is just about self expression as opposed to the scene kids linking their fashion to music, its all very interesting lol

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More