Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Todays the day. the worst day of my life. im learning to fall. i can hardly breathe. when im going down, dont worry about me... Learning To Fall, by Boys Like Girls

Emo Forums » Feedback (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Comment, Message, Friend,... Notifications Dec 28 2009, 04:17 PM
Previously you were only notified of new comments, messages, friend requests via email. These notifications could individually be turned off. This will stay the same. However I have finally found the time to greatly improve the notification system to make things more usable. Now when you login and go to "My Account" page all your new notifications since your last login are shown in separate sections: profile comments, pic comments, messages, friend requests. Furthermore on the user navigation bar at the top of most pages it states the number of notifications. If you recieve a new message, comment, etc whilst logged in your notifications will be increased by 1 or how ever many new items you get. The system of course like everything on here is open to suggestions and will likely be improved. *PLEASE NOTE as this system has just been put in place you may notice a high number of old notifications. Simply log in and out and all will be fine.

Replies

xXeMoRaCeRXx
Dec 28 2009, 04:27 PM
Would you want new forum posts since your last login to be part of this system as well? If so would you want it to show all new posts or just posts in topics you have participated in? Or BOTH.. Out of interest how do you currently find/navigate new topics and posts? I know numerous users simply refresh the forum homepage or individual forum sections where it states the latest topics and posts.
Emo Pictures - Vybz
Vybz
Dec 29 2009, 02:40 PM
new forums post would be helpful i guess. I have grown accustomed to refreshing the page, as you said many other members do. try it and see, sounds interesting so far the notification method is great as i do not have to check my email to see if some one has messaged me back. Nor do i have to keep looking in my inbox.
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Dec 29 2009, 04:52 PM
Please note for the notification thing to work properly you should remember to logout before leaving the site as mentioned on your account page.
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Dec 29 2009, 04:52 PM
Oh and thanks for the feedback Vybz
Emo Pictures - eleventynine
eleventynine
Dec 29 2009, 07:56 PM
new notifications are GREAT =D thx matt! much less hastle cuz i can only open my email on explorer and soemo on mozilla XD
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Dec 31 2009, 07:04 AM
That's good to hear. Remember I welcome any suggestions/feedback from you lot!
Emo Pictures - kasumisaur
kasumisaur
Dec 31 2009, 10:51 AM
I think it's stupid that they never "disappear", so I have 20 new notifications all the time, and if someone adds me or something now, so I get 21 .. Is it just me that way, or?
Emo Pictures - Vybz
Vybz
Dec 31 2009, 09:06 PM
^ i stand corrected but.. as far as i understand once you log out the notifications go away
Emo Pictures - kasumisaur
kasumisaur
Jan 01 2010, 05:14 AM
It doesnt work. ><
Emo Pictures - Vybz
Vybz
Jan 01 2010, 07:19 AM
^ hmm i see. guess you will have to get Matt to look at that one for you. I my case, once i log out and log back in the notifications are gone. Furthermore he states in the beginning of the topic. *PLEASE NOTE as this system has just been put in place you may notice a high number of old notifications. Simply log in and out and all will be fine.
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jan 01 2010, 04:49 PM
At present when you login it will show notifications since your last login and these will be added to as you get more once your logged in. E.g. I login and have 10 notifications since my mast login. Whilst logged in I get 3 notifications so it will show 13 in total. I logout and get no new notifications since my last login so it will state 0. There are many ways to actually set it so you have seen the notifications when you are logged in, which is being looked into. A lot aren't very reliable and can make more confusion.
Emo Pictures - Vybz
Vybz
Jan 06 2010, 07:59 AM
at times the notifications do not go away, as i have realized myself.However, after i log out a 2nd or third time it works. Sometimes they disappear and come back again. For instance, if i had 6 notifications before i logged off then, i log off they become 0, but if i log back on and there is another notification i will have 7.
Emo Pictures - KatieKhaotic
KatieKhaotic
May 20 2012, 12:54 PM
my notifications don't go away when i logout and then in again :/ it currently stands on 36.. is it just me?
xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 21 2012, 12:42 PM
Possibly xD Please try again when you are next on and let me know if still have trouble.
Emo Pictures - emosteve16
emosteve16
Jul 04 2012, 09:10 AM
Another thing I find annoying you could possibly look at? I receive notifications of Journal entries. It seems that you receive these even if you have not added the person as a friend, but they have added you. I have one in particular who is a prolific whinger (!), I have tried blocking her but I still keep receiving all these Journal entries I dont want. Maybe the solution is to not enable these notifications unless BOTH parties have added each other as friends?
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jul 04 2012, 05:05 PM
Yep thanks for reminding me. I already have this somewhere on the To Do list :)
Emo Pictures - afrik
afrik
Jul 18 2015, 12:26 AM
hey i wanna change my user [its afrik] what i should do?
Emo Pictures - SlightlyFuckedUpMind
SlightlyFuckedUpMind
Jan 12 2016, 10:26 AM
My chat is not working.
Emo Pictures - Kate
Kate
Jan 12 2016, 06:46 PM
^ the site's chat is working again now (i just managed to join it okay)
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jan 12 2016, 09:42 PM
^The chat can be a bit of a pain but when the new site is live it'll be using a completely new chat system I've decided.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More