Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

No, at the top of our lungs there's NO, no such thing as too young. when second chances won't leave you alone. then there is faith in love. Kissing In Cars, by Peirce The Veil

Emo Forums » Emo Fashion (Reply)

FallenAngel1315
Scene dead? Jan 12 2011, 11:57 AM
Okay, so I was on another cite, MyYearBook, and they have a forum for scenes, and every post is about how scene kids suck and crap like that, (to me scene is just a more colorful version of emo :D) Well, what do you think, I honestly love scene/emos, I have a shit load of extensions as well as colors. But what do you think, scene dead? Scene dieing? :/ P.S I LOVE YOU ALL :D

Replies

FlamingBlackSkull
Jan 12 2011, 12:15 PM
I think people don't understand the difference between Scene and a 'poser.' Poser is just someone who wants attention, and since being 'out' (emo) is 'in,' Then they want to look like us. There's more to it than that, but that's a short summary to what I personally think is a poser. Anyways. My best friend is scene. She used to be an Anime Freak like how I used to be ( the really nerdy fanfiction-y kind, complete with manga book, Inuyasha shirt, and she had 'kyuubi-colored' hair), then when we got older and less dorky, she found scene. I was always emo, but I got more into the style of it, and yeah. Now we talk about hairstyles. O.o; Somehow we remained our tomboyish selves, because right after that we talk about zombie games and shiz like that. I like scene kids. They have cool hair. And most of them are like us, except a rainbow puked on them. :D And most aren't as...Eccentric or artsy and just go for the music. So...No to scene death. Or whatever the original question was.
Emo Pictures - eleventynine
eleventynine
Jan 12 2011, 12:35 PM
imo, far from dead. for example, people say punk is dead, LIES! :P there will always be places where his culture will live on
FallenAngel1315
Jan 12 2011, 12:47 PM
Hehe, Me and my bestie Sara are anime freaks :3 But I love scene, (gonna die my hair with a shit load of bright colors!) But At my school, Me and Stephen are really the only scene/emo kids. its sad :/
eleventynine
Jan 12 2011, 01:47 PM
apparently the dude that cut my hair in hong kong said my hair is based off anime hair xD
Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
Jan 12 2011, 02:03 PM
lol in my area the scene style is far from dead, which fucking sucks because I have to try even harder to be an individual >:(
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jan 12 2011, 03:29 PM
Far from dead judging by the number of new members we are getting on here.
Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
Jan 12 2011, 04:13 PM
oh yeah lol
Emo Pictures - xSUICIDEBLOODx
xSUICIDEBLOODx
Jan 13 2011, 05:01 AM
Far from dead judging by the number of new members we are getting on here. - coudn't have put that in better words myself :D x
eMoKiDfrmNorWay
Jan 13 2011, 07:58 AM
i don't really understand other than that they look like neon-emos. Honestly i don't see that much difference many of them listen to the same music as us, and many of them are much like us, but for me, when i see a scenekid i think at once "party", maybe because of the bright color dunno, but can anyone explain what scene really is? I didn't know that scene existed before, well october O_o hah, im the only emo in my school...i think o_O it's sure seems like it ;P How did scene get "created"? what does it come from? when did it get created? i honestly didn't know that it was something called scene before october D:
xSUICIDEBLOODx
Jan 13 2011, 08:11 AM
haha u r so sweet and funny , my norweigan beautiful guy friend :] :P x
ChocolateBubbles
Jan 13 2011, 11:50 AM
People just can't accept that us emo's/scene kids are different. We are emo because we've had an emotional life. Scene or emo, will never die out. Just cos' people are bagging scene/emo kids dosen't mean it's dieing out. Emo's/scene's get 70% more bullyed than normal kids, wanna know why? Cos' we're different, and we're more venerable cos' we're emotional. And personally don't believe everything that you read :P We are unique ;3
Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
Jan 13 2011, 02:33 PM
Scene is basically a neon emo xD and ehh i first heard of it like a few years ago
xSUICIDEBLOODx
Jan 13 2011, 11:57 PM
i like darker colors better but that's problally because that i am a mix of sweet emo and beautiful goth xD :'D <3 x
eleventynine
Jan 14 2011, 02:28 AM
"you laugh at me cuz i'm different. I laugh at you cuz you're all the same." :D
FlamingBlackSkull
Jan 17 2011, 05:30 PM
Scene is pretty much just a neon emo on the outside, but on the inside they are very different. I mean, like, psychologically speaking, not that their aliens or anything like that. O_o; 'Emo' usually have had a tough life and all that jazz. Scene pretty much cropped up when Emo got 'cool.' I always knew they were different, I just used to call 'em neon emo's, then I found out they were called Scene a few years ago. Yeah. That's pretty much it. At my school there is just me as 'emo' and then there are only two other 'scene' kids besides my friend. Ah, and scenesters are pretty much DEFINED by the word 'party.' (Broke-n-Cyde, Blood on the Dancefloor anybody?)
Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
Jan 17 2011, 07:16 PM
lol yeah, scenesters are pretty fun people to hang out with, though they shun me >:( lol and I'm kind of addicted to this shitty scene band called dot dot curve xD
Emo Pictures - JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
Feb 03 2011, 10:45 AM
*sighh* Hate to say this (I usually keep this to myself...) but I think the idea of "scene" kids is... well... dumb O_o don't kill meh!! Ok well yeah when I first went all emo-ish I thought I was "scene". But now I've realized... who said emos can't be colorful?? I've finally admitted to being emo and honestly I love it... but I'm not uncolorful. Wearing dark colors constantly without any color would be goth. And I never see any goth kids around now days(at least where I've been and lived). Plus, last time I tried getting on an American website for emo/scene kids the people were like "there is no emo style! Scene is what its called! Scene's the only way to go! Emos are posers!" all that shiz. I mean uhh hellOO? Scene was originated FROM the emo style. My opinion on kids on the internet calling themselves scene had already been going downhill before then. But then when I tried to refer to the style as emo on the website these people were like "Omgeh, its SCENE betch!" they started bashing me just cuz I call it emo and I call myself emo. And know what the most ridiculous thing was? They called the site LuvEmo!!! Not trying to bash you, if you consider yourself "scene", but ever since, my theory has been this - Scene kids = preppy happy kids + wannabe emos + posers cuz they're NOT emo and they have no REASON to be emo. My answer to your question is this: Idk if it's dying, but I hope it is. And yeah guys I know you may have found me on SceneQueens.com but hey, that was back when I thought I was "scene". I had no clue wtf I was talking about... I was just an ignorant, naive emo girl who hadn't yet figured out her spot in the world. By the time I joined it I was already starting to change my opinion... I basically only joined it to get my name out there. :) P.S. this is the best website that I've found! American websites have no clue about emo... someone needs to create an American website like this one so that us American emos aren't so mislead
JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
Feb 03 2011, 10:50 AM
Sorry if you disagree with meh, I'm just throwing my opinion out there... NOT intending to bash ANYONE. Cuz I lovee all of youu on this site :) So plz don't bash me... don't bash me, I won't bash you :) thnx for listening to meh guyz
Emo Pictures - JessieRawrzz_xXx
JessieRawrzz_xXx
Feb 04 2011, 09:51 AM
meh, i dont believe in stereotypes, but people who label themselves as scene always come across as arrogant in my eyes, i've met some that care too much about their appearance, yanno? no offence aha (:
JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
Feb 04 2011, 10:27 AM
Lol I agree, they are way more arrogant (not saying they all are) than us emo kids. Eh, I don't mind caring bout appearance... just as long as they don't carry it too far

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More