Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

I got a really bad disease its got me begging on my hands and knees, So take me too emergency,Cause something seems to be missing Sombody take the pain away Its like an ulcer bleeding in my brain So send me to the pharmacy so I can lose my memory Restless Heart Syndrome, by Green Day

Emo Forums » Feedback (Reply)

Emo Pictures - XxXKingForADayXxX
XxXKingForADayXxX
Convincing the Parents Aug 22 2014, 08:21 AM
Okay, here's the problem. My parents love to control what I do, wear, see, listen to, and know. I know I have changed for the past 5 years and my parents have noticed too. I want to help them realize that I'm ready to start showing my own style. I want to cut my own hair and start making my own band/music and get my own style. How do I tell them?

Replies

Emo Pictures - hiding_in_the_dark
hiding_in_the_dark
Aug 22 2014, 01:42 PM
#1 fact... Parents don't listen -_-, just ask to get your hair cut first
Emo Pictures - Kate
Kate
Aug 22 2014, 02:44 PM
^agreed parents dont tend too. Introduce change gradually , so wear a small studded every day then after afew weeks try a bigger/bolder one etc by then your parents should have built up some tolerance... personally i got to the point with my own parents that we sat down and had a civil(ish) conversation, whereby i asked them what they liked/didn't like about my style and what they wanted and then they did the same to me and we drew up a compromise that worked for us all hope this helps you :)
Emo Pictures - rabid_rabits
rabid_rabits
Aug 24 2014, 09:48 PM
my dad is still "ify" and it took some convicing with my mom so iv started small, slowly changing what Im doing with my life (im still miving pretty slow

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More