Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

I tried to kill my pain, But only brought more Tourniquet, by Evanescence

Emo Forums » Emo Music (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
My Chemical Romance - Emo? May 13 2008, 01:10 PM
Firstly I know this debate is old news and everywhere and probably annoying. Anyway if anyone can be bothered please add your opinions here whether or not you think MCR are emo. If you really wanna go for it actually explain why they are or aren't emo.

Replies

Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 13 2008, 11:31 PM
Right, where do I start? :P As many people know, I'm a big My Chemical Romance fan, (although less since their most recent album) but I don't really think they're "emo". Although, in some ways I can tell how people come to that conclusion. "The Black Parade" is probably their most "non-emo" album out of the lot, yet it got a lot of shite and things for it. I think everyone just jumped the gun when it came to classing them as emo. If the first single, "Welcome To The Black Parade" didn't do as well as it did and reach number one, everyone who isn't "emo" wouldn't be stereotyping the band. I just think the whole thing was a bit too over the top. A rock band reaches number one for the first time in a while, so let's just start this whole outrageous "emo-hate" thing which transgresses into newspaper articles about "emo-cults" etc, ugh. But anyways yes, I can see how someone could class them as "emo" maybe. But if you want my opinion, I don't really think they're that emo now :P (even if their going back to their old sound - yay! :D)
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 14 2008, 03:09 AM
I doubt it's old news now... :P I open Kerrang! and what do I see? Grr! I'm really hating newspapers at the moment. Fucking wankers. Yes, I'm pissed off :P
SomeMorbidKid
May 14 2008, 11:54 AM
Tantra! You read that article too? Grrr..... x
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 14 2008, 04:16 PM
Yeah I did, although the girl that killed herself wasn't really an "emo" to be honest. Turns out she was only into the whole "emo" scene for around two weeks or so. So I think she was just a "poser" actually. But I'm still wound up though. Because of people like her, it's giving "emo" and "emo bands" a bad name and even more shit. It's sad she's dead and I give all my love to her parents, but if you're going to try to be someone you're not, then meh :P
SomeMorbidKid
May 15 2008, 11:44 AM
yes, all this does is fuel the hate and give "emo" even more shit to deal with. i dont want rant :s
SomeMorbidKid
May 15 2008, 11:46 AM
but yeah, love to her family and friends
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 15 2008, 01:44 PM
Tell me about it, why can't they just leave the who "emo" society alone? Fucking wankers :P Ah well, at least we aren't chavs :D
SomeMorbidKid
May 16 2008, 06:56 AM
"emo" gets enough shit, without media getting involved, but yes, we are thankful we're not chavs XD
Fatalx
May 17 2008, 01:25 AM
The bit in that Kerrang! article that pissed me was where The Telegraph went and made up their own bull that people will undoubtedly believe: "the glamorisation of hanging and about "the black parade" - a place where "emos" believe they go after they die." Why do people still read newspapers anyway? Anyone should be able to see straight through that, but of course, they'll lap it up as they do with any other BS story The Telegraph concocts.
Sugar_Cane
May 17 2008, 05:25 AM
That Hannah kid in Kent ? Yeah, I heard about that. Fucking bullshit. If the Telegraph/Daily Mail/Sun etc even bothered to employ some decent reporters, people wouldn't be blaming My Chem. It's just fuckedup. Rant over. No, I don't think My Chem are emo, honestly. I think they're purely rock. I mean, just because their songs are quite dark, it doesn't make them emo. It's called ORIGINALITY. Gahhhhh.
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 17 2008, 07:09 AM
"the glamorisation of hanging and about "the black parade" - a place where "emos" believe they go after they die." What the FUCK?! Where the hell did that come from? I sure don't believe that and many other MCR fans don't, I'm sure :P I really don't know why people read newspapers any more, you're right. You can tell just from looking at the front page sometimes, that they don't even know what they're saying half the time. They just want to sell papers, so the more bullshit they can write about, the better. I mean suicide occurs thousands of times a year, I'm sure but what stories to they chase? The girls and boys who are dressed in black and listen to rock music. It's just pathetic! All of these people need a good kick up the bloody backside! And all these people who give shit to "emo" etc, really need to get a life. I don't see the point of slagging off the "emo" society or going onto emo sites just to post "meaningless hateful comments". I say, burn all newspapers :P
xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 17 2008, 08:07 AM
"the black parade" - a place where "emos" believe they go after they die." Biggest bullshit I have ever heard.
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 17 2008, 08:11 AM
Haha tell me about it Matt :P Glad you agree :P And to think, people actually believe them! Twats, the lot of them! :D
xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 17 2008, 08:20 AM
Well they follow on from this famous pathethic article: Daily Mail on Emo's They didn't even publish my comment pfff.
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 17 2008, 08:20 AM
What was your comment? :P And wankers, I'm sure you could give a better opinion then most people :D
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 17 2008, 08:26 AM
What the fuck? "Emos exchange competitive messages on their teenage websites about the scars on their wrists and how best to display them." I followed that link you posted Matt and they can't even spell the lovely Kurt's name correct. They need to show some fucking respect! :P All I need when I'm a little "tipsy" :P I've been drunk all week I swear, ah well back to "emo"'s :P
Sugar_Cane
May 18 2008, 03:56 AM
The Daily Mail makes me so fucking angry. Every time I see it, I just want to go and kill someone >:( The infamous 'emo article' really fucked things up for me for a few months - everyone believed everything that shitty-ass reporter wrote and people were coming up to me in the streets - people I didn't even know - and having a go at me about teenage depression and shit, just cause I wore eyeliner and My Chem shirts. It was so fucking messed up. Sarah Sands (the reporter) needs to be fired. Or excommunicated. And as for that bullshit with the kid in Kent, I blame the parents. It's gonna get a fuckload harder to be ourselves after that, all cause two 'responsible' adults couldn't be bothered to look after their daughter properly. I mean, who the fuck sees cuts on his 13-year old daughter's wrist and DOESN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT?! Argh! Sorry, rant over... for now.
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 18 2008, 04:57 AM
Evie, you speak sense, you really do :D. I had forgotten about that, the cuts on the girl's wrists. Surely he would have known to be more protective of her and keep a watchful eye. But obviously not. Yes it's yet another sad story of a young life being taken, but at the end of the day. Loads of people commit suicide, it's just us lot get even more shit then we normally do. And Eve? I know how you feel, do you know how many (ugh)'chavs' come up to me and start giving me abuse? Well when they're in 'packs' of course, they never say anything to me if they're on they're on their own. It's pathetic, than again even when there is a gang of them, they always seem fit to say it to my back, even if they've had the chance to actually say it to my face. Ha! I really don't see as to why we're looked upon as "dangerous" though. I'm sick of stuck up people from the 'older' generation and parents look at me with a face of disgust etc. It's just like, "fuck off!" Why do they give a shit what we wear and listen to? I don't see what difference it makes to them if I listen to rock music and wear band shirts. And as for the Daily Mail, I don't think there is one person here you likes it :P xx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 18 2008, 12:28 PM
That awful article in The Daily Mail was one of the reasons for going ahead with soEmo.co.uk I have my comment saved somewhere, but it is quite rude they did not publish it because everything I said was much better researched and true than the article itself!!
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 18 2008, 12:35 PM
Ah so it's just as well it was published then? Something good comes out of it after all! :D Grr, the WANKERS! It probably was as well. The things you say and research always seem to be so true too. It's a shame they didn't publish it, you're one of the few who can get their point across, I think :D They probably thought it was too 'long' or something and stuck to the shorter, less good comments. _

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More