Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Everythings eliminated Everything is dedicated Tried to leave this life i hated, Even death was over rated Love song for the dear departed Head stone for the broken hearted Arms to kill Or flowers to steal.. Love Song, by Korn

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Rock / Emo Scene and Venues in Your Town May 15 2008, 03:27 PM
What do you think of the rock / emo scene in your area. So many places are overwhelmed by trendy people and clubs / pubs and it's getting worse recently. Everywhere needs more local decent proper rock nights!

Replies

Sugar_Cane
May 17 2008, 05:50 AM
I agree, totally! My town is so quiet and small, there isn't much call for it. The only kind of social outlets are pubs. And the only things for under-18s are dance nights. There's a rock gig once a month at the youth centre... but it's not great. Most of the teenage facilities around here are geared more towards - dare I say it - chavs. There's a lot of RnB/rap etc nights, but no rock. And I honestly think that if ANYONE dared to play an acoustic set at one of these local gigs they'd be eaten alive.
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 17 2008, 08:50 AM
Haha it's true what you're saying! There are quite a lot of people who are into the rock/emo scene and genre of music, yet clubs etc don't cater for it! They're definatly needs to be more. Where am I going to go when I'm 18?! :P xx
May 19 2008, 06:55 PM
omg man i wish we had a few more places around my place but the emo community is so freakin small and theres really no place to hangout :( :(
Emo Pictures - pixie_1989
pixie_1989
May 22 2008, 03:26 AM
our city is full of chavs and there was one club for just the emos and wot not now the chavs have overtaken that night club kill the chavs
victhevamp
May 22 2008, 05:31 AM
ive had a similar thing happen to me, a nightclub quite close to me used to be really popular on a thursday night and the weekends, all the alternative people would go there but the last year or so alot of chavs started going as there wasnt another nightclub in the same area which meant fights started and people started going less, havent been on a thursday for a while but on the weekends the club is DEF quieter :(
victhevamp
Jul 29 2008, 01:58 PM
sound circus in bournemouth was pretty good, there was a mixture of all sorts of alternative people... no one looked the same or was dressed the same! it was sooooo refreshing!
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jul 29 2008, 02:49 PM
True Vic and Subculture at The Carling Academy Birmingham still has to be one of the best.
victhevamp
Jul 31 2008, 05:21 AM
totally agree, specially with the fancy dress partys :D:D:D
Emo Pictures - EmoMuffinsx
EmoMuffinsx
Sep 13 2008, 09:14 AM
Agree. Where I live their isnt much.. We do have a concert arena but it barely has any decent bands visit,there should be more things for !different! genres of music instead of techno chav music ;S x
Oct 13 2008, 01:33 PM
Where I live we have a 1 pub in town centre full of chavs from what i gather - a WMC and a Legion - there are a couple of foody type pubs around but nothing for us Emo/Indie/Scene type of peeps :( Oh its cheaper to drink at home anyhowsss! James x
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Oct 14 2008, 01:39 PM
^ Can you easily travel anymore localish that's better? My actual town is rubbish at night, but there are lots of good places in localish towns.
victhevamp
Oct 16 2008, 06:33 AM
hmmm i suppose im quite lucky, theres nothing where i actually live but i can travel a bit to some decent rock places, (a pain in taxi money tho) is it me or do people seem to be staying in more lately than going out?
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Oct 16 2008, 06:45 AM
Must be the cold and chavs! XD
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Oct 16 2008, 01:49 PM
Smoking ban, rising costs = more people stay in.
victhevamp
Nov 27 2008, 08:49 AM
too true, specially in winter when all you want to do is snuggle up and watch tv

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More