Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Who am I? Tell me. Where do I come from? Who am I? Tell me. ' Cause It feels like I don't fit in at all. Who am I, by (idk)

Emo Forums » Emo Music (Reply)

victhevamp
Create your own festival!!! May 19 2008, 11:44 AM
If you could create your own festival what would you do?
What would you call the festival?
What bands would play?
Who would be the headliner?
Indoors or outdoors?
Where would it be held?
Any ages or just over 18? etc...

Replies

Sugar_Cane
May 20 2008, 08:21 AM
Ooft, okay. Emofy Festival!(that sucks, but I'll think of a better name soon (: ) A one-day outdoor festival, based in London, in the summer, dedicated to emo music. Headliner: Dashboard Confessional Other bands: Hawthorne Heights. Jimmy Eat World. Funeral For A Friend. The Get-Up Kids. A whole stage devoted to local bands, and other stages for small bands from other towns. Open to all ages, but in areas where drinking is allowed, no under 16s.
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 20 2008, 11:20 AM
The London Rock-Show :D (Bit of my Blink 182 side there :D) Of course, I'd have the festival based in London as that's one of the main and popular places where bands play, although there aren't many proper festivals over here, due to the fact there's no space to hold one. Headliners: Stonesour and Escape the Fate. Other bands that would play at the festival would be, Paramore, Bring Me The Horizon, Hawthorne Heights etc. Smaller stages would consist of bands such as, Blessthefall, We are Kings, Flood Of Red, We Are The Ocean, Mayday Parade, All Time Low, Kill Hannah, Youmeatsix, Tonight Is Goodbye any my all-time fav, The Valentine Project. Bit of a screamo/emo/rock fest on the smaller stages but meh, sounds like a good line-up to me :D I would say, over 14+ really :D Thanks for posting this Vic, is quite the good topic :D
victhevamp
May 22 2008, 06:39 AM
lol no problem, right im gona go over the top for my festival :D hmmm it will be called "for one weekend only" the festival will be set over one weekend in the summer when its sunny, will be outside somewhere like hyde park? the whole festival will be filmed and have a live stream on myspace, youtube, soemo :P etc for people who couldnt get tickets or make it the festival will be about celebrating the rise of popularity of alternative/rock music the show will consist of diff bands for different areas of alternative music and eras playing one after another to show the range of alternative music for example first band would be an extremly old band that started off rock music then next band would be an early punk band etc then an early rock band then an early emo band etc all the way up to the latest areas now for example an emo band, a screamo etc hope this makes sense? the headliners would be a mixture of poeple who have influenced and made a difference in rock music, singing a song that they have all wrote together people like from bands like hmmmm maybe metallica, nin, manson, slipknot, sex pistols, iron madian, fob, mcr be for any anyone and any ages hope that made sense, this prob will NEVER happen but i think it could be good :D lol
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 22 2008, 01:51 PM
I would deffo come to your festival Vic :D We can only hope! :P Although, take out "fob" and "mcr" out of the line-up :P
victhevamp
May 22 2008, 01:58 PM
hahah well all those bands were only a suggestion wouldnt def have to stay to those bands, hmmm got a feeling it wont happen....well not any time soon anyways lol
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 22 2008, 02:31 PM
Haha, it's a shame though. All we've really got to look forward to is Reading and Leeds. And well, the line-up is shite this year I think. I prefer last years with Aiden (Y). Although Jake Wambold has left :( *sniff* I know you don't like them, hence why I mentioned Aiden in particular :D
victhevamp
May 22 2008, 02:42 PM
lol i actually thought the line up for leeds/reading this year was pretty good! carnt remeber the line up last year, ooooo i do was chili peppers wernt it, my favs :D:D:D lol the line up for download this year isnt that great but still quite a few good ones playing like in flames, 36 CRAZYFISTS and bullet, is anyone going? or going to reading/leeds? well i did used 2 love aiden but when saw them at TOC i was really dissapointed by them and it put me off them quite a bit
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 22 2008, 04:36 PM
Ooh, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, they've always been a sore spot, but after I heard Snow and Dani California, I don't quite mind them. Sure there are a few songs that are a bit dodgy but ah well :). You sound like my good friend Markus, he used to love Aiden too, then he saw them at TOC and just completely went of them. I think maybe they were just shite throughout the whole TOC tour, many friends (from different parts of the UK) all said Aiden were a bit naff. Maybe you should give them another chance :P. Of course I'm bias, but I thought they were brill in April :D. Yeah, Download could have been better, along with Reading and Leeds but ah well, there's nothing we can do about it. Simple Plan are at Download though, I really wanted to go see them when they were touring but it was one of those things that never happened, you know? So yeah, a friend of mine is going to Download and it's so unfair! *childishly pouts* :P Oh and thanks for filling up the Forum like crazy, is giving me something to do for a bit :D
victhevamp
May 23 2008, 10:29 AM
lol no problem about the posts, chili peppers always been my favs, duno why really they just always seem to put me in the good mood, i prefer the older stuff tho (like most bands) and they even have a song called yertle the turtle :D:D:D lol hmmm thats weird, sounds like they didnt make the effect on the TOC tour then, havent gone off them completly just dont listen to them as much as i used to oooo simple plan are kool didnt think they wud be at download tho, thought they wud be too light for that :S dont worry tho they prob will do a tour in the uk at some point!
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
May 23 2008, 02:06 PM
Aww, I'm the same with Good Charlotte, they always tend to put me in a good mood, or if I'm already in a good mood - a better one! :D And yeah I was a little surprised when I saw Simple Plan are at Download but meh, if Elliot Minor and Kill Hannah can play there this year, so can they :D
victhevamp
Jun 06 2008, 04:37 AM
yeh to be fair download seems to be getting ALOT lighter as years go by and seem to be having alot more emo bands playing too, not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing tho...
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jun 06 2008, 06:37 AM
Bit of both I think :P
LittleWitch
May 13 2018, 01:05 AM
“Eclectic Nightmarish Dreams” -I would more than likely name this due to the fact that I literally listen to everything and anything. With Performances By “Marilyn Manson” “Millionaires” “Rammstein” “Mindless Self Indulgence” “Depeche Mode” “Britney Spears” “Cafe Tacvba” “Eminem” “Ghost” “Lily Allen” “System of A Down” Head Lining “Die Antwoord” <3 Definitely outdoors! Los Angeles- My loves All ages to have more fun ^^
Emo Pictures - Avalanche
Avalanche
May 14 2018, 02:42 AM
Why do you resurrect nearly decade old forum topics? I don't understand.
LittleWitch
May 14 2018, 04:58 PM
@Avalanche Because I generally find it interesting and I wish to reply

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More