Emo Community Scene Emo Guys and Girls

Email:

Password:

Forgot Password?

Emo Lyrics:

Emo lyricsCause I fear I might break and I fear I can't take it Tonight I'll lie awake feeling emptyEmo song lyrics
(Paramore - Pressure)

[Submit Lyrics]

Emo Meet - London UK - August 2011

Forums » Emo Fashion [NEW POST]

skinnies - May 22 2008, 04:08 AM

pixie_1989 - soEmo.co.uk
pixie_1989

ive heard from other emo sites that you have to be skinny to look good in skinny jeans is this correct?
  Reply | Subscribe to Updates

Total Forum Posts: 18

Tantra_B - soEmo.co.uk
Tantra_B

May 22 2008, 04:43 AM

Well you don't have to be, skinny, skinny. If you get what I mean, but it's half-true I think. You can't exactly pull of skinny jeans if you haven't got the right figure.
pixie_1989 - soEmo.co.uk
pixie_1989

May 22 2008, 04:47 AM

so what is the right size to wear skinnies?
Tantra_B - soEmo.co.uk
Tantra_B

May 22 2008, 04:52 AM

Well I don't know, but as long as your legs are, let's just say "not 'blobby' :S. Then you'll be fine. You don't look like a big girl anyway :)
pixie_1989 - soEmo.co.uk
pixie_1989

May 22 2008, 04:58 AM

thats the top half of me im a fat mess on my thighs and round my stomach area
xXeMoRaCeRXx - soEmo.co.uk
xXeMoRaCeRXx

May 22 2008, 09:48 AM

Don't wear things you don't feel comfortable in. Sure u'd look fine though.
pixie_1989 - soEmo.co.uk
pixie_1989

May 22 2008, 11:54 PM

id love to wear skinnies i just dnt have the confidence to wear them
Tantra_B - soEmo.co.uk
Tantra_B

May 26 2008, 09:25 AM

How can you not have the confidence to wear them?
I think you're not comfortable with yourself. Maybe you're trying to be someone you aren't?
pixie_1989 - soEmo.co.uk
pixie_1989

May 27 2008, 06:13 AM

im not i just feel that im not myself if i dnt no wait cant wear wot i want
OurAndy - soEmo.co.uk
OurAndy

May 31 2008, 06:35 PM

Hey Pixie_1989,

I will I tend to agree with the others when they say if you don't have the confidence to wear them then you are probably just going to feel uncomfortable.

However, you do say you'd love to wear them, so I thought I would let you know about a clothing label called 'Lowlife', they do some jeans that although they aren't actually stretch skinnies (as in they don't cling to your legs), they are pretty close fitting. I call then 'drain pipe' jeans, you may feel ok in them. I would recommend having a look at http://www.ebtm.com/, they have loads of jeans etc.

Hope that helps :D
hatethat_ilove_u - soEmo.co.uk
hatethat_ilove_u

Jun 22 2008, 10:40 AM

i used to think i wouldnt look good in them since im really tall
untill i try them on and i fell inlove i think i look damn good
in them i and dont care what people say if i look good that matters
:D
poetryxisxmyxsheild - soEmo.co.uk
poetryxisxmyxsheild

Jul 02 2008, 09:52 AM

in my oppinion if your skinny skinny then skinny jeans actually dont suit you cus they make you look skinnier anyway...

so to me you can be whatever size aslong as not super fat or super skinny...to were skinny jeans
victhevamp - soEmo.co.uk
victhevamp

Jul 07 2008, 07:05 AM

yeh same here!
LittleWitch - soEmo.co.uk
LittleWitch

Apr 29 2018, 05:12 PM

Hmmm, I’m like not plus sized or skinny, so I don’t really fit into a certain type of body image. I have curves and such, and I own a lot of skinny jeans. So coming from someone of my type, I would say just wear whatever makes you comfortable. And don’t care about what others may think. Rock what ya got!
Mish - soEmo.co.uk
Mish

May 01 2018, 05:26 PM

Some people look good in them, some people don’t. You’d have to try them on and see. It’s kind of like the “should women be wearing sweats” controversy here in the US that came about from a sexual assault case. Like jeans, sweats come in different shapes and sizes, you just have to find the ones that fit you best.
PS: I will say that the “model” physique is desired by designers because their body type fits to everything, but let’s be honest here, most people don’t have that body type. Even models don’t look good in literally everything because clothing is made considering skin tone, body type, and everything else. It would be weird to see a thin model walking around in clothes made for someone curvaceous.
Undercover_Hoe - soEmo.co.uk
Undercover_Hoe

May 02 2018, 03:31 AM

I say wear whatever the fuck you want if you think you look good in it, but also don't feel obligated to wear something just because it's trendy or because it fits a certain look. I am too old to pretend that leggings are not more comfortable and easier to shop for than jeans.
xCupidxStuntx - soEmo.co.uk
xCupidxStuntx

May 22 2018, 09:56 PM

I wear skinny stretch and look fine on me and I'm a slim guy.
Whereas spray on skinnies are skin tight and uncomfy.

EmoKing96 - soEmo.co.uk
EmoKing96

Aug 08 2018, 08:55 PM

By now in 2018, I'm sure everyone has seen literally hundreds of people in all shapes and sizes wearing skinnies, (and also leggings) whether they look good in them or not, since skinny/slim-fit has been the norm for the last 5+ years when the hipster style went mainstream.

So the question doesn't really matter anymore since tight pants are no longer the underground alternative 10 years later after the baggy era.

Personally, I'm not a fan of skinny jeans anymore. I don't like the feel of tight pants, they're awkward and they give me chicken legs.

And most people look so nerdy in skinny jeans. Very few people know how to make them actually look cool like the emos did back in the day... You know, with 2 studded belts, one tilted to the side, a bandana hanging out a pocket, etc...

People really knew swag in the 00's, unlike today, where everyone wants to grow a beard and dress like a senior citizen...
ShatteredRipple - soEmo.co.uk
ShatteredRipple

Feb 07 2020, 09:28 PM

I mostly wear leggings you don't have to wear skinnies.

Total Forum Posts: 18

Please enter your reply below: