Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see You can find out, first hand, what it's like to be me The End, by My Chemical Romance

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Emo's and family background Jun 06 2008, 05:47 PM
I have read something similar to the following on the Internet about emo people quite a lot recently: "people as imagining or pretending that they lead harsh, painful lives when they actually live in comfortable, middle- to upper-class homes." What's your views on this?

Replies

Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jun 08 2008, 03:19 PM
Home's don't buy happiness...That's all I can say.
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jun 08 2008, 04:14 PM
I get what you're saying and I hope others discuss this topic. It's once again a stereotypical view from the media who have seen/read about a few 'emo' people who all seem to have parents who are doing well financially. There might be some truth in it, but there are no facts. However take chavs for example they seem to be associated with poor family backgrounds.
SomeMorbidKid
Jun 09 2008, 10:06 AM
Tantra's right. And there doesnt seem to be much fact behind any media interpretation of emo
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jun 09 2008, 12:56 PM
Poor / ignorant journalists will just search the Web and even alter / exaggerate the facts to suit the story. I have found some of the BBC articles on emo more reliable though.
SomeMorbidKid
Jun 09 2008, 01:25 PM
mm, i think we've all read THAT Daily Mail article... the BBC actually talk to emos... dont they?
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jun 09 2008, 02:21 PM
Yea they talked to me for a start! x
SomeMorbidKid
Jun 10 2008, 02:17 AM
yaay, go Matt! ^-^ haha. thats in another topic right? anyway, back to THIS topic...
Jun 10 2008, 08:41 AM
Hmm... I Wonder if there is actually a history of Emo and when it was "Founded" Or discovered. x
SomeMorbidKid
Jun 10 2008, 01:34 PM
didnt emo "begin" mainly in washington dc in the 80s? can anyone back that up?
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jun 10 2008, 01:39 PM
It's mentioned on https://www.soemo.co.uk/emo.php There are obviously slightly different opinions though if you research enough.
SomeMorbidKid
Jun 10 2008, 01:45 PM
i was thinking about Rites of Spring... they seem to be classed as the first "emo" band... not sure
shepardosdemon
Jun 10 2008, 02:40 PM
I think it really does depend on the person becasue yea, I live in a nice middle class house and i have nice parents but that can be a downfall sometimes. Now im not saying i have the worse life going far from it but i did something terrible when i was younger and it haunts me everyday of my life and im sure i will take it to my grave. ( ok it might not even be that bad compared to what somepeople have done) but because i live in a nice area i have no one to talk to i cant tell my parents, and for 6 years i bottled it up didnt tell anyone then i told someone and it changed there opinion of me, so i got upset and didnt care what people think now. :S so here i am. :/
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jun 11 2008, 08:40 AM
Yeah I get what Baby Matt is saying :P That can be an often problem when you live in nicer places and people expect you to be this perfect son or daughter. I think parents should learn to accept their children no matter who or what they are :D Anyways, yeah the BBC do tend to be a litte less harsh when it comes to the whole 'emo' society. Which is better than the Daily Mail, obviously :P
shepardosdemon
Jun 11 2008, 11:13 AM
Haha Baby Matt, I suppose its better then other stuff and i've always been the youngest one. Damn older Matt haha but it's ok i'll let you off because you have a great name. Yea they should except it like the rest of the world. Yea the BBC are a tiny bit better but honestly there still to far off perfect its terrible. But you cant expect this world to be perfect.
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jun 11 2008, 12:58 PM
Older Matt? Never! He can be called Granny Matt :P Gosh I love thinking up names like this. But I love the Baby Matt name, it's cute and suits you :) Aww thank you, glad you like the name 'Tantra' :D Yeah, the world is far from perfect....but what can we do eh? :/
shepardosdemon
Jun 11 2008, 01:12 PM
Hehe well I wouldnt offen him lol just incase :P Even though im sure he takes it in good spirit. You should clearly make a new topic on new names. Aww well I guess im cute then :S haha thats funny. Yea I do like it, better then others. Well we cant do nothing about it but we can make our own perfect emo world and it starts here :D
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jun 11 2008, 02:01 PM
Yeah that is a little harsh, I won't offend him then. To be honest, I used to HATE the name Matt. With a passion, but since this site, it's growing on me, started with my feet, now onto my legs :P Aww, is better than "lee, stacey, bradley" etc :D
shepardosdemon
Jun 11 2008, 02:58 PM
Best to keep it friendly :P :O How can you hate that name. Well I will make you love this name and with the help of Matt we will suceed. Yea it is better then others :)
hawthornemidnight
Jun 12 2008, 10:44 AM
Some of us do have terrible home and family lives, but not all of us do. i have a huge family and a great home i will be the first to admit that to anyone. i love my family even though most of them are pro-shoot-the-deer and i'm a vegiterian going you cow-murdurers! I'm just different in my family and i acknowledge that and usually try not to create more conflict of opinions than there already is in my home. the thing is trying to find a nice balance between me and my family.
Emo Pictures - xxxmcremoxxx
xxxmcremoxxx
Jun 19 2008, 10:14 PM
I agree with Tantra ... just because you come from a nice home & have reasonably well-off parents, there is NO guarantee whatsoever that your life is gonna be great. I think that people presume that if you are 'comfortable' then you have no problems. My parents get this from Mums' sister all the time. But my parents work hard for what they have. Anyway, most psychological/development theorists say that we all have to go through an identity stage, whether rich or poor or whatever, so we can develop healthy lives. Maybe a lot of people use emo for just that - trying to find who they are. I like being emo coz it makes sense to me. Yeah, I have had problems in the past - including suicide attempts - & my parents love & support me. But I am happy with my life now coz I found something that I fit into. Hope this makes sense - I tend to write what comes into my head.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More