Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

this innocence is brilliant i hope that it will stay this moment is perfect please dont go away innocence, by Avril Lavigne

Emo Forums » General Emo Discussion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Scene and Emo? Jun 10 2008, 03:15 PM
Someone is called 'scene'...what are they like? What is the difference between 'scene' and 'emo'? Is 'scene' a progression on from 'emo'? Is what we know as 'emo' being taken over by 'scene'? This is all very confusing and in my opinion saying someone is 'scene' doesn't make much sense. Then again you could argue calling someone an 'emo' doesn't make any sense either, and it would be better to say someone who is into the emo scene / culture. I have touched on this before throughout soEmo.co.uk, but I'd like to hear your views.

Replies

Jun 11 2008, 04:26 AM
scene kids are known as arrogant and a lot more image conscious,emo without the emotional selp pitying part and the black clothes.Scene kids are famous on myspace(kiki cannibal,babyfayce) and often have a special myspace name that has the same letter as their first name,so its catchy and people will remember it,therefore creating myspace fame
victhevamp
Jun 12 2008, 05:17 AM
hmmm well i always find 'scene' people to have a worser attitude (not all of them) they seem to be very aware of how they look and how other people look and act in certain ways to look 'cool' alot of scene people seem to be into both alternative and trendy music aswell and generally (not all) more poser and annoying than emo people, well thats my veiw anyways, feel free to agree or disagree...
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jun 13 2008, 08:03 AM
"more poser and annoying than emo people" I agree with you there Vic - couldn't have summed it up any better :D
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jun 14 2008, 06:58 AM
Anyone feel that some so-called 'scene' people have come from a chavvy background and it still shows? :D x
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jun 14 2008, 08:16 AM
Of course! AAAARRGH! Just want to stab them all! *gets knife* :D
Fatalx
Jun 15 2008, 12:30 PM
Feel that they've come from a chavvier background? There's a reason there's now only half the number of chavs in my year there used to be, and triple the number of scene kids. It's easy to sum-up scene: Emo style with more colour and chav elements. Chav personality. Emo music without emotion. (Although they do often like the more mainstream screamo bands such as UnderOATH too)
Emo Pictures - poetryxisxmyxsheild
poetryxisxmyxsheild
Jun 30 2008, 11:09 AM
tbh i actually havent got a clue lol and tbh i actually dont no weather im scene or emo lol
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jun 30 2008, 11:44 AM
That's probably like most people and it doesn't matter..
Emo Pictures - poetryxisxmyxsheild
poetryxisxmyxsheild
Jul 01 2008, 09:22 AM
yeah im at the piont wrere im like FUCK IT IM ME ! lol x
victhevamp
Jul 07 2008, 06:39 AM
best way to be :D
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Aug 15 2008, 03:41 AM
Suppose so :s
PrayForPlagues
Jun 30 2010, 04:56 PM
I generally do not like at all scene people (mostly cause most of them hate emos and their style is nothing but a plagiarism of emo), but I have some scene friends.
Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
Jun 30 2010, 07:55 PM
Urban dictionary definition that was the best: Stylish man or woman, deriving from an "Emo Kid". But unlike "Emo Kids" Scene Kids normally wear the complimentary colors or they do go with a smiliar style to the Emo fashion. Scene kids are not "gay" as some people claim. It is a style, not a oreintation. They normally wear scarves, or bandanas in their back pocket. They also have a very technical hairstyle with two or more different colors. Sometimes, they are more morbid then "Emo Kids" but normally they are "brighter". Scene kids are sometimes self-absorbed. But that does not mean they all are. Scene kids are also known as, Fashion Kids. Basically what that says is that scene is just the style but Id have to disagree and say it is the opposite of emo... kind of... Emo is said to be in between goth and scene and scene kids are extremly conceited most of the time and they tend to think they are better than others sometimes. they are extremly outgoing and are just plain random... but they are nothing like Chavs they are actually more like us. If anyone every remembers me saying that there is only one other true emo that i hang out with it would be because all the rest are scene kids, i hang around them all the time and they are awesome I am actually in between scene and emo because my personality is VERY bi polar and one second i would have an emo personality and a scene personality the next but id say you could be both... I hope this helps some
Emo Pictures - Nick-Aotmzgin
Nick-Aotmzgin
Jun 30 2010, 10:30 PM
Scene & emo well, both sounds quite the same with the same idea's fashion and style.
Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
Jul 01 2010, 03:54 PM
they are almost the same but scene is more of the preppy ones
Emo Pictures - EllieEpic
EllieEpic
Jul 05 2010, 08:30 AM
I see Scene kids as a more colorful version of an emo (: .. I think they are more bitchy too :) I'm probably wrong, but that's what I think
LipsOfDeceit
Jul 05 2010, 01:00 PM
I say you can't define somebody with a label. Everyone is different, one way or another.
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jul 05 2010, 01:16 PM
^Very true, but most people do class others in some way or another.
Emo Pictures - Dhurkst
Dhurkst
Jul 08 2010, 05:07 AM
Check out the comments section in this. I want to remove so many of those people from the gene pool. There are a few voices of reason, though. http://hubpages.com/hub/Emo-vs-Scene
Emo Pictures - horrorbeautyemocheca
horrorbeautyemocheca
Jul 17 2010, 11:44 PM
I look at people who are scene and I can tell if, they are not emo and is scene. They are not the same person to me, because scene people have alot more color than we do we both have the same straight hair thing going but it is not the same. Some people should not say that we are the same because we are not....maybe they do get confused a little.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More