Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

so dont hold your breath for me, but watching you turn blue would be comforting I'm Bad At Life, by Falling In Reverse

Emo Forums » Emo Music (Reply)

victhevamp
Young bands.... Jun 24 2008, 03:44 PM
...random topic but is it me or are some of the emo/screamo bands geting younger and younger? looking at some bands the other day i swear some of the guys in the bands were younger than me! Is this a good thing or a bad thing? For example they respect their fans more as their the same age or they arnt musically talented enough as there not old enough to learn everything

Replies

Emo Pictures - Carius
Carius
Jun 25 2008, 04:42 AM
Ooh, good point! Haven't really thought about that before, but it's true, they are getting younger and younger! They skip out of school to do music etc, and I don't know whether that's a good thing or not. They do get a lot more respect and fans over the world as they can connect better with them. Like, how many times do you see this fifty year old making VERY good (music) contact with this fifteen year old? But a twenty year old makes a lot better contact with this fifteen year old.. xD Yes well they do! But on the downside of getting so much fans over the world at that early age (thinking off those bands at the age of 18-20), is that they perhaps make this decition on the wrong decition? I don't know. But it's a mark that'll last all your life.. (I'm tired and have a headache so I don't really know what I'm saying here xD)
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jun 25 2008, 08:52 AM
Don't worry Vic - you're not seeing things :P. I agree that bands to seem to be getting younger but in some ways it's good, some are bad. I'm sure that it breeds a new generation of bands, etc. But it's also worrying that some 'fans' aren't actually going for the music. I know it's like this for any band really, but when they're say 20 - it's more of a risk xD I would go in to this further but the heat is too much at the moment :P
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jun 25 2008, 11:28 AM
I have sort of noticed more young bands and really there are good and bad young and older bands... Some young hot guys make decent music so do mmm non hot older guys who aren't bothered much about looking 'right'.
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jun 25 2008, 12:20 PM
Define "older" Matt
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jun 26 2008, 01:29 PM
30 +
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jun 27 2008, 08:07 AM
Gah, that isn't that old! :P
victhevamp
Jun 27 2008, 03:25 PM
anyone noticed that when you listen to a band for ageesss and then finally see a picture of them, they never look like how you imagined? or is this just me?
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jun 27 2008, 03:47 PM
We've seen that a few times haven't we Vic... Mmm recently with you maybe Drop Dead Gorgeous and way back Silverstein for me.
victhevamp
Jun 27 2008, 03:50 PM
LMAO!!!! dont get me started on drop dead gorgeous, that was soooo funny i LOVED IT :D haha soooo camp!
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jun 28 2008, 07:07 AM
Hmm sounds like an interesting story behind that there.... :P
victhevamp
Jun 29 2008, 09:04 AM
lol well we saw scary kids and scaring kids and drop dead gorgeous at a gig and never seen what they looked like before.....when saw them it looked like the guys in scary kids should of been in drop dead gorgeous and vice versa because of their styles if that makes sense? also the lead singer of drop dead gorgeous just acted sooooo camp on stage like the way he moved around, just kept making me laugh the whole time :D
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jun 29 2008, 09:36 AM
Oh right, that makes sense, don't worry. And wow, sounds hilarious. Love gigs that add a bit of humour :P
victhevamp
Jun 29 2008, 10:01 AM
of course, gets boring if the band just plays the songs sometimes, need some interaction with the crowd of some sort :D
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jun 29 2008, 10:33 AM
Like the Aiden gig at the Concorde...was sooooo much better than the one at the Astoria :D Made me laugh as well actually xD
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jun 29 2008, 12:47 PM
Aiden made no effort last time I saw them...shame
victhevamp
Jun 29 2008, 03:05 PM
i know they were useless :( must of had an off gig or something, wil stood so far away frm the front of the stage aswell you could hardly see him! lol
Emo Pictures - poetryxisxmyxsheild
poetryxisxmyxsheild
Jun 30 2008, 11:38 AM
i havent really thorght about it before but i supose it could be both good and bad... good as there will be more fresh ideas and cus im kinda younge can get across more everyday feelings on my veiw a bad thing could be they dont have much life experiance...they could get to head strong with it all like any band...also they could dry up from ideas quite quickly...
victhevamp
Jul 07 2008, 06:47 AM
what do people prefer? younger or older bands at concerts and to listen to? or doesnt it matter?
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jul 07 2008, 03:27 PM
Doesn't bother me either way I guess.
Emo Pictures - Tantra_B
Tantra_B
Jul 10 2008, 06:37 AM
Same here I suppose...though the younger bands are nicer to look at xD

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More