Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

The promise that he made Left broken on the floor The bruise left round your heart Left you begging for more Rookie Of The Year, by Funeral For A Friend

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

Emo Pictures - Marlene
Marlene
Gay / Bi Community Issues? Sep 13 2008, 09:22 AM
There's quite interesting community in USA, related to gay / bi issues, and they are looking for contributors. I thought I could try to contact them, and contribute with some articles about Emo gay / bi community. I'd like to ask you first, what should I write about, have you got any ideas what could it be about? Any ideas welcome, please email me if you don't want to post on the forum, your help is greatly appreciated Marlene

Replies

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Sep 13 2008, 05:50 PM
Have you got any initial thoughts Marlene? The emo community seems to have a high proportion of bisexuals as I'm sure a lot of us know. However there are no hard facts so it's not the most reliable statement.
Emo Pictures - Marlene
Marlene
Sep 13 2008, 11:47 PM
They are looking for contributors who'll write about issues related to: I think I'm gay! What now? Exploring the subject of realisation, and addressing some initial fears and worries. Reaffirm the facts about what it means to be LGBT, and dispel the myths surrounding the stereotypical gay lifestyle (or at least, portray an alternative vision). Touch on the subjects of school, family, and coming out. Raising a family - the gay way Address this expansive issue in a mainly factual way, taking into account adoption laws (in more countries than your own, eg UK, US, CA, AU...), and other methods of building a family. Talk about the social aspects and examine the welfare angle. Coming out and finding your place Good and bad options for coming out, and advice surrounding the general issue. Talk about making the transition from a closeted individual to finding your support circle of friends, gay and straight. Talk about life as a newly out person. That's the quotation from their site, I think it sounds interesting, and before I'll write something out of order, I thought I'll ask your opinion, experience and views on the forums.
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Sep 14 2008, 09:29 AM
Oh right sounds worthwhile and interesing. Hopefully some people will reply here from experience.
xthextreexgodess
Oct 13 2008, 06:16 AM
i think thats a rely gd ida! im bi and my sister and frends no and they r fine with it but my parents dnt no yet...

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More