Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Hold me up into the light Fix the cracks and fix them right Keep the pieces in the drawer Keep them there for ever more Wake a million thoughts someday Recycle this shit in someway And all that I have to say Don't let them throw me away Throw Me Away, by Korn

Emo Forums » Emo Music (Reply)

Emo Pictures - just_another_emo_kid
just_another_emo_kid
My Music Review; Hawthorne Heights Nov 24 2008, 07:54 AM
What is up people?! Not much here. Welcome to the second part of My Music Review. Today ill be reviewing Hawthorne Heights. So... enjoy! Cheers... Hawthorne Heights I dont know about you guys, but this band is one of the most original emo bands. Hailing from Dayton, OH June 2001, this band was formed by J.T. Woodruff, Micah Carli, Matt Ridenour, Erin Bucciarelli and Casey Calvert. In late 2007, Casey Calvert was found dead on the floor of the bands tour bus. The album, Silence in Black and White went "platinum". This was also their 1st album. The next album, If Only You Were Lonely, went "gold". They definitly showed a very emo side to music in those albums. Their newest album, Fragile Future, shows an even lighter side. The only album without Casey, this album contians no screaming. The band use to have another name called A Day in the Life. With or without Casey, this band is the s**t. Rating: 9.75 outta 10. Next 2 bands... Atreyu Underoath

Replies

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Nov 25 2008, 04:32 PM
I remember seeing Hawthorne Heights a few years back with Silverstein in the UK. It was one of my favourite gigs. Hearing Ohio Is For Lovers live was such a good feeling. I also got really into Silverstein following that gig and still like them. Hawthorne Heights are certainly one of the defining 'emo' bands and I still like them, but not as much anymore. The new songs aren't dramtic enough for me, but they have grown on me a bit.
Emo Pictures - just_another_emo_kid
just_another_emo_kid
Nov 26 2008, 07:14 AM
lucky you... lol and i agree all the way. this may be stupid to say, but i believe the death of Casey changed the music they perform alot.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More