Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

AND YOU ARE COLDER THAN OLDNESS Oh Messy Life, by Cap 'n Jazz

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Socially Accepted? Dec 22 2008, 12:53 PM
Now the term 'emo' is pretty popular and your parents probably have some idea of what is means do you feel you are more socially accepted than say a few years ago? Bear in mind even though more people know what 'emo' means these days a lot of the time all they know is false media junk. In my opinion now the term is more widespread, as a subculture/stereotype or whatver you want to call emo we have become less socially accepted.

Replies

xXeMoRaCeRXx
Dec 22 2008, 12:55 PM
I'd also like to throw in the question, "Are emo's more socially accepted than goths?"
SomeMorbidKid
Dec 22 2008, 04:53 PM
This is pretty stereotypical for me to say, but I think although emo gets stick from the media, it's more accepted than goth because emo doesn't tend to be so extreme... or so I think, I can easily be proven wrong. But then with the media influence, it seems that emo is seen as something to be more wary of. Or something. Not sure this makes sense to be honest, I can't explain what I mean. :s
CHRIS_POPCORE
Dec 23 2008, 01:59 AM
I wanna to type something (...huge and epic XD) but I've forgotten what... It's coz of midsession exams... XD
Emo Pictures - WitherdRose
WitherdRose
Dec 23 2008, 03:32 AM
I think emo is more socially accepted then goth, but i think people can pick holes and taunt emo's more. I think also depends where you are; for example were I live nearlly everyone is something other then chav and where I study science and music is filled up with emo boys. I think me being emo has actually made me more accepted in the social network... also I am apperently a 'cute' emo girl. I asked what this was and its apeprently a cute lil emo girl who is not a threat to anyone, someone everyone likes which is thumbs up for me
Emo Pictures - RiLeY
RiLeY
Jan 24 2009, 01:43 AM
I dont think they are cuz emos get more stick about the whole self harming thing but goths hav been like around longer i spose so ther more accepted.
Emo Pictures - xxkillxmexslowlyxx
xxkillxmexslowlyxx
Jan 25 2009, 07:15 AM

where i live both are just about equally excepted the sterotypical "emo" has become nothing but a trend and i dont think that it really means anything to any of them except for a few..it's complicated to explain. idk how to explain it. it's just like a flash thing. "emo" one day, prep or jock the next.there are a few though who still have the whole traditional thing going on. Over here the media isn't really as big about the whole 'emo' thing as it seems to be in other parts of the world. It's just the internet that we ever really hear anything about the whole emo thing. Ya know like the " Emo Song" or the typical against emo lawnmower thing.Its stupid but in my opinion people can think and say what they want. It doesnt matter what people think or say about you. You are who you want to be and whether others like it or not then thats their problem...but thats just my opinion on the whole matter,

~<3~

Morgan Lynn

Apr 27 2009, 03:39 AM

in my school, people think: ALL KIND of people who dress dark clothes is gother....

and they really don't like gothers...

so, i think that in portugal emo's and goths are not accepted...at all

(there are a lot of anti-emo portuguese sites...)

xXeMoRaCeRXx
Apr 28 2009, 04:52 AM
^ Can you list any on these sites...
Emo Pictures - Pagan
Pagan
Apr 29 2009, 03:01 AM
hmmm in my school emo is accepted and goths are to an extent i think some times *im gonna get booted for this* i prefer goths anmd the things culture is into
DarkKitty
Jul 03 2009, 03:07 AM
I think in my school a lot of the students from third year up are emo, goth or punk. Some of the chavs quite scared by us. A couple of them take things a bit too far and constantly harass us, ut they have been threatened with spiked wristbands down their throat and they seem to have shut up.
Jul 08 2009, 08:56 AM
I am socially accepted, but ... my hair is a bit outside the normal, some say that's cool, some say thats ridiculous, I can say the same about music, Some think I am crazy...my freinds have diferent life styles but we still freinds, they respect me
LipsOfDeceit
Jul 11 2009, 12:03 PM
Here, being ned central, it's hard to be accepted.. Saying that go into certain parts town and there is load of emo/scene/goth/punk etc. people who just hang out, we all support each other if a comment is made or something. :) Theres a shopping centre that has alot of the sort of shops we'd like too it's great.
Emo Pictures - Ex_emo_Goth_chick
Ex_emo_Goth_chick
Jul 20 2009, 03:46 AM
Where I'm from, If your not a 'country hick' and dont listen to country music, or if your not a 'city kid' who listens to rap and hip hop ect, your pretty much told to dissipear. thankfully, there is a small group of us that hang out, cause we get heaps if we try to 'mix' with any of the other... uhh... groups...
xxxifeelpainxxx
Jul 22 2009, 05:46 PM
Well since I live in the country I am like the only emo kid here lol. So I def dont get accepted at all especially since I wear eyeliner. I get all these creepy looks so I just look back with a evil smile to mess with them muwhahahaha!!!!!!
Em0_Girl
Jul 22 2009, 05:55 PM
well where i am its kind of a mix some people accept emo's and others don't.
Jul 27 2009, 05:55 PM
i think that as far as being socially accepted. if people walk by a kid thats in really nice bright name brand preppy clothes, they smile at them and maybe ask how they are. but when people walk past emo kids they either look the other way or give us mean looks. or thats how it is here. and as far as how im treated at school, before i was kind of mean and gave a few teachers h*ll and they were like "oh shes kick*ss." but as far as going out other than school theres not many other people like me. so people look at me like D: who the f*ck are you? are you satan? but im sure in bigger, better places people are a little more accepting than here. they dont even know the difference between emo and goth here. they say it as one word emogoth and its kind of hard to explain to a bunch of ignorent people what emo really is. *sigh*
Emo Pictures - Vybz
Vybz
Jul 27 2009, 06:45 PM
^ yea people don't accept what they don't understand... and what the media has also made people " Understand" about emo is not good either.. so that does not make anything any better.. I try to explain to people that me being into the emo scene does not make me a depressed outcast -_- In my opinion , yes emos can have a lot of friends.. but being an emo is not exactly something that will attract a lot of people,at least not until the scene is better understood
Jul 27 2009, 06:52 PM
yeah...people really just dont understand.but i mean they dont have to because when it comes in style theyll be like "oh wow she was that way the whole time..now i feel like sh*t for teasing her" and honestly i like being different and dont want that day to come.
Emo Pictures - Vybz
Vybz
Jul 27 2009, 07:34 PM
yea.. being dif is good .. following the norm is .. so cliche, i think the people who follow the norm are just jealous :D
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jul 29 2009, 04:35 AM
Hopefully the more popular the emo scene becomes the more socially accepted it will become and more people will understand. However things could get worse...

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More