Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Even if I spend 2004 listening to Morrissey in my car, I'm better off alone than I would be in your arms Populace in two, by From First To Last

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

victhevamp
Rock parents? Apr 08 2009, 11:45 PM
just want to see if  your guys parents used to be into rock when they ere your age or not, what were they into? how did they dress and act? what was usal for them to do on a saturday night?

my mum always is saying she used to wear stuff like how i do now :O

Replies

Emo Pictures - sheepy21
sheepy21
Apr 11 2009, 01:18 PM

My mum was a hippy in the 60's apparently and my dad was a "rocker" who used to smoke weed and take the piss out of mod kidz lol
Looking at them now, you really wouldn't think it at all! I was shocked with some of the stories my dad had to tell about his late teen years. I think having 9-5 jobs changed them. 
xFly_On_Paper_Wingsx
Apr 13 2009, 08:17 AM
My mum was a mod, my dad was a ermmm... guy that worked on a farm.. Still trying to work out how my dad managed to get my mum actually.. he was really punching above his weight lol.. 
May 07 2009, 03:43 AM
my mother was part punk, part mod and part rockabilly.
also by the way she describes it, she was sorta post-emo.

my dad on the other hand i'm not too sure about.
all i know is that, in the 90s he was terribly unfashionable because he had a quiff.
he used to wear his DMs with straight cut Levi's and band shirts like The Smiths and Morrissey.

also, my nan was an 'outcast' as such with her skin-tight jeans, purple and black jumpers which were way to big, back-combed red hair and she wore chuck taylors.

yuh (:...
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 08 2009, 04:11 AM
It's good to know people actually have talked/know about what their parents were sort of like in the past.
Emo Pictures - Dead-Fish
Dead-Fish
May 08 2009, 11:35 AM
my dads into iron maiden and ac/dc and my mum likes biffy clyro      lol
Emo Pictures - xXxChrisJWxXx
xXxChrisJWxXx
May 11 2009, 09:18 AM
my dads into stereophonics, greenday, an used to go to school with the drummer of some band but i forgot :-# my mom loves all my music and was into it all when she was my age, I never seen a pic of eather of them at my age, my moms were destroyed in a fire though =/
Emo Pictures - Whatsername
Whatsername
Jun 16 2009, 06:27 AM
My mom still like 'rock' if you mean that. She likes Marilyn Manson, Pain, iggy pop HIM and more, we go on concerts together :3
victhevamp
Jun 16 2009, 11:52 AM
you go to concerts together? wow whats that like?
Emo Pictures - FxckGlows
FxckGlows
Jun 17 2009, 05:45 AM
I dont think my parents liked any kind of music, at least, that's what i think when i see them now, they're so boring & they just hate my music &nd my style.
Emo Pictures - Whatsername
Whatsername
Jun 18 2009, 01:23 AM
Whe have bin to marilyn Manson and we going to see him again on a festival next friday, and slipknot plays there to. x3
Emo Pictures - Scared-Ust
Scared-Ust
Jun 23 2009, 04:54 PM
my dad like scorpion band but i don't know weather he rock or not..
Emo Pictures - ValentineVenal
ValentineVenal
Aug 28 2009, 10:13 AM
My dad used to be a dj, he was into all sorts of music, still is. He even loves bands like Children of Bodom and Bullet For My Valentine.
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Aug 28 2009, 05:38 PM
Wicked I love those bands, but my parents sure don't!
Emo Pictures - black_rose_of_death
black_rose_of_death
Sep 25 2009, 11:01 AM
my mum and step-dad like rock music but my dad likes blues and...classical orchestra music... come to think of it he likes robbie willams as well.... anyways my dad certaintly dose'nt like rock music but my mum and step-dad still listen to it!
Emo Pictures - disaster
disaster
Oct 05 2009, 05:01 AM
my dad is an amazing r0cker in his time! He's a punk. And wh0a he lo0ks cool when he was a kid! He's a drummer. And TAKE NOTE he taught me to skate! He even gave me his old skate b0ard. My m0m is a cindy lauper fan. And she's somethng like a mell0wed r0cker or s0methng. But any way i l0ve her.
Emo Pictures - sullen_gnome
sullen_gnome
Oct 08 2009, 08:40 PM
my dad..dunno if he was a rocker but he tells me a story that when he was still in college he used to hang out with a real bunch of punks. (i mean, persons whose hair is only on the top and spiked. plus the clothes they wear stating: punks not dead..) like that.. i just dont know what kind of music hes in to that time.. my mom..is more of a mellow person.she listen to carpenters and a like. she doesnt like my music and called it "work of devil". anyway, love them both..i think its your choice on what kind of music your going to listen..

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More