Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

a friend once told me, you are our memory.. without them we equal nothing. remenissions, by Avenged Sevenfold

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

Emo Pictures - eleventynine
eleventynine
awkwardness in family get togethers XD Oct 30 2009, 06:44 AM
ok, im pretty sure this will apply for most of the ppls here. generally ur family (the ones u live with) will know u the best. say u were going to visit relatives or a wedding or wtv, they know u but not KNOW you and uve got ur hair over ur eyes, snake bites etc...does anyone feel awkward being around family members becasue u have a feeling they are judging u in their head? for me, i was in scotland then england over the summers for a wedding, and i did have momments when i didnt feel comfortable...being me. i got looks that tells me "wow, he's a rock star" but i also get looks of disaproval :S

Replies

LipsOfDeceit
Oct 31 2009, 08:27 AM
This summer I had to go to this thing.. and alot of my family were there.. I totally felt awkward.. and not just because it was an awkward situation.. xD
Emo Pictures - Nick-Aotmzgin
Nick-Aotmzgin
Nov 01 2009, 04:59 AM
it's allways weirD , but i accept me and i hope others do also accept me! i hope others as well! weird weird weird , and odd , its scary situation's! because they can kick me off the chain food!
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Nov 01 2009, 11:29 AM
I have felt awkward in the past, but haven't changed because of it.
xcasualtiesx
Dec 05 2009, 05:59 PM
oh my goodness yes, so awkward. my grandma told me i look like a kid who'd blow up their school lol so yes, social family situations are awfully awkward..specially since all my cousins are jocks and hate emos and my grandparents are like "I LOVE JESUS"..and i'm an athiest soooo...yea lol
Emo Pictures - xEvilEmox
xEvilEmox
Jan 23 2010, 12:07 PM
I feel awkward being around anyone who doesn't know me well not just because of my looks as much as it is because of my behavior and personality...
hellokitty_queenXx
Jan 27 2010, 02:36 PM
that what happened to me, i had black hair with purple and blue streaks in it and i had a piercing on my eyebrow and i went to a wedding and everyone was judging me especially elder relatives, it is awkward but you just ingore it.
KillMe
Jan 29 2010, 11:06 AM
Everyone Judges Emo's... And Never Want To Talk To Us Only Want To Bully Us, Make Us Upset So We Cut Ourselfs. But People Dont Realise We're Still Human We Just Like Different Things And Dress Differently. I Dont Go Out Anywhere With My Family.
Emo Pictures - TragicxDesolation
TragicxDesolation
Jan 30 2010, 09:23 PM
Haha omg that is completely right! Unfortunately for me, the awkwardness was worse because I just recently started living with my real mom and blood brother and am constantly meeting with realatives I never knew I had. Grandma... cousins, etc. Very unsettling being with blood realatives that you've never met before. On the bright side, they don't judge me by my looks or dress. My grandma LIKES my spiked purple hair and chain tripps... and even asked me to borrow them! XD
eleventynine
Jan 30 2010, 10:22 PM
haha, ur grandma sounds pretty cool xD my grandparents call me peacock hahaha cuz i used to have blue, purple and red hair
TragicxDesolation
Feb 01 2010, 04:03 PM
Yeah she definately is, interesting how much she cares for me and never even met me, lol. Haha peacock, thats pretty funny. Why dont you have the colors anymore?
eleventynine
Feb 02 2010, 01:34 AM
have some but no blue and purple, they dont last that long. i only have red and black hair now cuz red lasts longer
TragicxDesolation
Feb 02 2010, 05:30 PM
Hahaha you and me are opposite with the hair. My hair used to be red and black and yours used to be blue and purple. Now I have blue and purple and you have red and black XD Arrg a word of caution though, when the red fades (which was rather quickly for me) it turns this sickly dried blood color and its just bleh looking on the hair. 0_e Sorry for switching the topic from families to hair. I'm random like that
FallenAngel1315
Jul 29 2010, 03:26 PM
Hahah this is aplying to me right now, my familys up for a week, we all spend the time on the lake and I feel soo out of place. no one gets my style. Or my music. They kinnda think im some loser kid, ive been hiding just to stay away from their stares...
Emo Pictures - black_metal
black_metal
Jul 30 2010, 08:01 AM
I've felt it too. It was at some 'formal' family gathering at someone's place. I went, in skinny jeans and a formal shirt both of which were black. People were giving me some looks... and I felt really weird. i had worn black eye shadow and one darn guy was so irritating that he actually asked whether my smoky eyes were dark circles. I felt like smacking him on the face. :x
Emo Pictures - xnewtx
xnewtx
Jul 31 2010, 04:04 AM
it is awkward but it isnt as awkward due to the fact im a musician and thats my career so the fashion sort of goes with it making it less awkward, but my close family are worse then the other bits of my family :/
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Aug 02 2010, 03:30 PM
Try your best to be confident with your looks/style. It isn't good to hide from the world...
Emo Pictures - XxEmoRangerxX
XxEmoRangerxX
Aug 03 2010, 01:18 PM
I'm pretty sure my aunt doesn't approve of my dark eyeliner and obsession with black and safety pins lol.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More