Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Where were you when i was crying so loud? I've been walking trough these roads, so many times Where do i go, when you aren't here for me? Imprisoned, by As Life Fades Away

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

LipsOfDeceit
Mental ilness May 14 2010, 04:32 PM
Don't know if there is a topic about this but I'm starting one anyway. Just really wanted to start a discussion on the topic of mental ill health as it's something that plays a big part in my life and probably many other people on this site. There is lots of misconceptions about mental health issues feel free to discuss these. Discuss issues you of someone close to you suffer. Does a mental ilness in you or someone close to youeffect your daily life? Maybe this topic can help offer support to each other :)

Replies

Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
May 14 2010, 05:12 PM
i have severe anxiety like if you even say there is ome one in my room behind me i freak i don't think this is a mental illness but i think it has to do with my anxiety (which is part of a bigger issue that im not allowed to discuss) but its like impossible for me to get high... i can have small effects but never full blown out high I have slight OCD recently developed I am bi-polar according to my friends when im in a moment its rather funny along with bi-polar im also EXTREMLY emotionaly unstableto where in 5th grade i was almost put into the hospital for it so istarted hiding my emotions for when no one is around im depressed but not that bad it seems to be lightening up insomnia (dunno if thats considered mental or not though)
Breezy
May 14 2010, 05:51 PM
i have anxiety around people. i'm very bipolar. i have OCD issues and i have to do everything in a routine, like when i'm eating....say i had a beef roast, i would eat carrots first, potatoes next and then beef and i couldn't do it any other way.i even have to get dressed in a routine or i freak out. i have alot of phobias,fire,heights,feet,pineapples,sharp objects, naked people, privates you name it. i'm emotionaly unstable, my emotions go back and forth and they can never decide. i'm slightly paranoid. i have panic attacks, when i get around people, if i play tag or something i'll freak out and actually think its a life or death situation.when i'm playing a video game i freak out if i die cause i get so involved i think i'm actually in the game.lets say i over react alot.
Emo Pictures - JustMe
JustMe
May 15 2010, 03:31 AM
I have slight Ocd.. everything has to be lined up. And also, i am obsessed with everything being clean! I don't think about germs and stuff..I just have to scrub everything I touch until its clean..no reason really, maybe its the idea of catching something someone else has had..I dunno.. Like, if I get in the shower I have to clean the whole shower first. I have to wash a plate before I eat off of it..I have to wash my hands after tidying my room, getting out of bed, using the laptop, washing my hair.. And I wont eat anything that has been open for over a day, but that might just be me being picky..xD
Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
May 15 2010, 07:09 AM
dang... i don't think that is slight... i think that is moderate
Emo Pictures - Nick-Aotmzgin
Nick-Aotmzgin
May 15 2010, 09:00 AM
1st , good point there is alot and we need to share , i have schizophrenia and i am in a treatment of pills , name SOLIAN. taking 2 pills a day at night.. to be relaxed and control my breathing and thoughs.. -p
LipsOfDeceit
May 15 2010, 01:43 PM
Good response to this topic. :] Seen bi-polar and OCD come up a lot. I mainly suffer from bi-polar, but due to this I have a bit of other stuff linked linked... I have to do certain things certain ways or else I panic. Some nights just for no reason it seems like I'm hearing things and I can't sleep because I think I'm dying.. and other nights I wake up screaming, and I have really horrible dreams and thoughts. I can't be bothered to type more I'll add more later. xD
Emo Pictures - xEvilEmox
xEvilEmox
May 15 2010, 05:57 PM
- I tend to get vigorously recluse when I am around people whom I don't know or barely know that I even whisper the things that I want to say, in their presence, to my closest companion! - Most of my emotions, reactions and struggles are hidden inside me; I don't have much of a "reaction action", consequently, I often get easily, unexpectedly depressed and disturbed. - I totally freak out when I sometimes go out with my family or friends and suddenly as I walk, I turn back and don't see them around ! - I organize and categorize everything I do, every little routine, somewhat like what breezy said. - I have phobia of big insects, heights and..."sexual contact"... Some of these stuff have severely affected my social life; especially in people's first impression about me, however I'm living an almost normal life, It's not a dangerous matter.
PrayForPlagues
Jun 29 2010, 03:06 PM
I'm pretty bipolar and mentally unestable, I feel anxiety when I'm between lots of people, I'm a little bit paranoid and I'm obsessed thinking that someone is following me when I walk alone.
Emo Pictures - freyya_wolfiee
freyya_wolfiee
Jul 12 2010, 12:06 PM
heyy everyone ermm my dad had mental health issues he hd attempted suicide about 4 times and recently he succeeded in ending his life (last tuesday) i miss him tons and dont completly understand what drove him to do it but now hes gone i miss him more than ever, its been hard living with him as hes been pretty hard to live with he was quite violent, depressed and not social at all but i love him and thats all that matters. i know there are others out there who are suffering them selves or are supporting someone whos suffering im happy to talk to anyone :) All my love Freya xx
Emo Pictures - Opheliac_x
Opheliac_x
Jul 13 2010, 01:45 AM
I have major depression, pensonality disorder, insomnia and anorexia. I took a LONG five years to diagnose me and it was hell. Oh, and I also feed off of other peoples emotions, I don't know if that's a disrder or what but if i'm around alot of people who are happy, it gives me fake happiness for as long as i'm with them or if i'm around someone who's sad, it makes me phemominally upset. And my problem is I think I'm fat, obviously and I know I do carry weight so everyone always says how I can't be anorexic because i'm npt stick thin like the girls on TV. Even though I always explain that anorexia itself isn't a disorder of being too skinny, it's an eating disorder. When someone looks in the mirror and no matter what they always see someone fat even if they're not so they starve themselves to get skinnier. Also, the annoying thing about my personality disorder is that it can't be cured with anything. I've not got multi[le personality disorder. Mine is that the way I am, my depression, my eating disorder, is all part of who I am. It's my personality. ALl I can do is live with it. My boyfriend also has bipolar with violent tendencies which can get pretty scary but I can handle it. I'd really like if someone with similar problems would like to talk 'cause i've never found anyone quite like this. Well, there was one girl but she faked it to steal my boyfriend from me. She thought if she said she had anorexia and depression he would like her just because he loves me dispite it all. I just hate how people always assume about our illnessess and try to fake it. It's just disgusting.
Bones
Jul 13 2010, 07:30 AM
i personally think im ok but a lot of people i no have depression. i kinda havnt talked to people b4 about how its effected me. but yer well my "farther" (dont call him that) he has it really bad and i use to get abused mentally by him untill the age of 13 (2 years ago) it was allways my fault for any think that whent wrong from him having a fight with me and my mum to him dropping somthing on the floor. but now i dont see him his depression has made him try and kill him self more than 17 times now (drugs alchol self harm) best fwends dad 2 had it he tryed killing him self in frunt of me joy. and one best m8s (teacher) walked out on her boi fwend wid it the other day. i h8 these pople because of the things that they have done to me. i wish there was somting i could do to help other people with it.
Emo Pictures - Nick-Aotmzgin
Nick-Aotmzgin
Jul 14 2010, 12:51 AM
yeah, thanks to everyone..for ther confession.
Bones
Jul 16 2010, 07:07 AM
wtf nick
FallenAngel1315
Jul 27 2010, 06:39 PM
I have depressed schizophrenia. It means i see things (ghost and shit) but i get so depressed at what i see, making me see even more shit the more i get depressed. Its like a double edge sword. But i refuse meds, I dont wanna feel things that are lies. I want to be me, even if that means seeing things that arent real (or are real and people are to ignorant to except) (which i end up cutting just to make things go away)
Emo Pictures - black_metal
black_metal
Jul 30 2010, 08:33 AM
Almost a year ago, school had become, like, total hell to me. There was a teacher who just simply despised me and I could not even figure out a cause. She used to harass me in class everyday. She had criticized my emo appearance in class one day, when I was absent. I had felt so bad back then. I felt as if I was falling in a bottomless pit. It was the worst depression I had ever had till then. I had even started drinking for some time. But then, somehow, I was able to pull myself out. That horrible depression still haunts me.
Emo Pictures - silverwing
silverwing
Jul 30 2010, 08:51 AM
i have a paranoid and anxiety disorder due to my childhood trauma. for 6 f-in years of my life at school i've been abused mentally by my friends because of my 'differences' from them. they said i'm different, therefore i am nothing but sh*t in their eyes. teachers and parents had not been a great help, for they always say to me just to 'deal with it' and stop being a cry baby. when i reach the teenage phase, my friends harassed me verbally because to them, i am so ugly. well, i can't say that was disney-girly cute kind of girl that time ... because the stress, i got overweight and severe skin problems. now i'm still secretly scared towards the other ... especially those whom i think are stronger than me. i don't want them to suddenly turn into those monsters who pounce on me and tearing me apart. i tried to be as polite as i could to them, and they think of me as a 'shy, fearful and innocent girl' sometimes i despise myself for not being able to be like my other friends. but what should i do? my parents won't give a damn. they'd probably just get angry to me and think of me as a spoiled crybaby who can't take a hold of myself. i tried to talk to them once and i got told off. i stopped talking to them about personal things altogether ever since. now i'm secretly still in anti-anxiety medicine prescribed by my psychiatrist, but i don't think that's enough. i'm still seeking for help.
Emo Pictures - xnewtx
xnewtx
Jul 31 2010, 04:02 AM
at the moment my doctors but me in for a mental evaluation, due to the state i was in a few weeks back and he is worried about my self destructive ways, they have a few things there sure i have bi-polar, ocd causing major paranoia in my day to day life. but i have to wait for the evaluation for a proper treatment plan
Emo Pictures - Razorblade-Cupcake
Razorblade-Cupcake
Aug 20 2010, 03:59 PM
I've been suffering from depression and anger issues for over 6 years, i have always had severe anxiety (i won't go anywhere by myself and i never talk to crowds of more than 10-15 people) I am extremly awkward around everyone including my close family. I also have a family history of Schizophrenia i don't know if i have it but i hope that i don't... it scares me to think i do or i will
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Aug 21 2010, 05:59 AM
My aunt has Schizophrenia.
Emo Pictures - Bakayaro
Bakayaro
Aug 27 2010, 11:47 PM
Schizophrenia is mostly hereditary.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More