Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Scene kids, ghetto jeans, gangsters. 40s and the bling-bling sidekicks, rolling with the cleanest feels The Kids, by Hollywood Undead

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

Emo Pictures - eleventynine
eleventynine
different cultures respond differently to emo Jul 08 2010, 10:27 AM
from what i can see, western cultures seem to give emos the hardest time. all this name calling and "emo bashing". but in asian countries, it seems more friendly, the main barrier in asian countries seem to be parents not letting us have the appearance. quote from asian mum: "hey you lok lak a street boi" sorta thing. im asian myself, ive got pretty cool parents, and ppls on street thinks im a rock star...or Rain (korean popstar)..... whos agrees? express your opinions about this sorta thing or experiences

Replies

Emo Pictures - Vybz
Vybz
Jul 08 2010, 12:15 PM
The West and African culture has influenced my Caribbean culture and perception of things. Emo's aren't really bashed per say. Older adults think the skulls and stuff means that you are with the devil. When i used to wear my jeans chains they thought it was silly and called it cow rope xD Some people think you are gay But no one really hate em. Some people think they are cool.
Emo Pictures - Opheliac_x
Opheliac_x
Jul 08 2010, 02:42 PM
Here, in Scotland 'emo' boys tend to be called gay and the Christian Church group us all as Satanists. The 'emo' style is not very accepted here, there are so many of us but still we're a minority and are shunned for it. Here, everyone always assumes all we do is wear lots or black, lots or dark makeup, selfharm, pose, do drugs, smoke and drink exsessivly. Needless to say the 'emo' style is something that is yet to be fully accepted world wide.
Emo Pictures - silverwing
silverwing
Jul 09 2010, 05:22 AM
well ... i think each of the cultures have both sides. there are also people who don't like emo here where i live (i'm Asian) my parents are quite okay when i like emo or goth stuff when i was still at school (i wasn't really knew the differences then, i just simply like them ;P) and i used to have a emo-goth appearance. it was all okay, until i start getting problems with my face (getting itch and red because of my long fringe- i got an annoyingly sensitive skin :P) and they read about 'lazy eyes' (problem with the eye that is seldom use) then i have to got my hair cut. now i can't have such style, though, because i had started becoming an apprentice and it's impossible to do so in a place where i work. even so, i still love emo musics and how free they are expressing their emotions :) they soothe me a lot
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jul 09 2010, 12:25 PM
All I know about is the UK and 'emo' people can get a bit of a hard time, but it's not that bad. Not everyone is going to get along...

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More