Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Why does it feel like night today? Something in here's not right today. Papercut, by Linkin Park

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

Emo Pictures - premo
premo
do i need to hate straght eage Jan 02 2011, 11:55 AM
well i hate them and i dont know if im alone on the issue or is it an emo thing help me please

Replies

Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
Jan 02 2011, 03:09 PM
ehh I used to be straight edge... and I see why you would hate straight edge people so I doubt you are alone but Idk
Emo Pictures - Vybz
Vybz
Jan 02 2011, 03:16 PM
nikki why would he ? - just curious-
Emo Pictures - eleventynine
eleventynine
Jan 02 2011, 03:58 PM
whats wrong with them? D: im quite straightedge. there are those special occasions when i do drink but honestly i see no point, alcohol (imo) taste like crap and it makes me feel crap also as a dancer with asthma smoking would be a stupid choice for me
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jan 02 2011, 04:28 PM
There is a topic all about straight edge with lots of replies. Use the forum search to the left for more information.
Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
Jan 02 2011, 05:38 PM
ehh because a lot (not all) of them think they're too good for everyone else and that their shit doesn't stink
Emoscope
Jan 02 2011, 05:48 PM
Ok nikki, have you met, most of the 'straight-edge' people in the world? No you have not. So dont use minority examples for the majority. Thanks
Emo Pictures - Vybz
Vybz
Jan 02 2011, 05:49 PM
a^ ah ok.. i researched this group last year or so; as the post "Straightedge" would indicate, but I'd like to know.. What is the difference between a straight edge person and a vegetarian who does not do drugs, smoke or take alcohol> I mean several people have adopted that kind of life style; be it for religious reasons, personal or otherwise. Moreover, why do some people in the straight edge movement think they are better than others? and to my friend above I believe she wasn't addressing all of them
Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
Jan 02 2011, 07:51 PM
Thank you Stepnonz... (: no I was simply talking about the ones in my town... the ones I have met, you know? Didn't mean to offend you in any way shape or form
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jan 03 2011, 03:11 PM
Vybz 'straight-edge' is like a lot of things - just a popular buzzword that has ended up having differing meanings.
LipsOfDeceit
Jan 03 2011, 03:42 PM
I've never understood why underage people can say they are straightedge since according to law or whatever they shouldn't be drinking etc anyway even though people do and it would be hypocritical of me to say they shouldn't drink etc underage... But yeah I don't understand it, just my opinion though.
Emo Pictures - eleventynine
eleventynine
Jan 03 2011, 05:10 PM
@nikki ooooo ok, i get what u mean, sry if i sounded like a douche :P
Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
Jan 04 2011, 03:45 AM
no problem (: and yeah I get that but also when your in a town where almost everyone either drinks, smokes, or does drugs its possible to be straightedge underage, I guess?? lol
Emo Pictures - Vybz
Vybz
Jan 04 2011, 06:36 AM
thx Matt @nikki- well that would just depend on the individual and now strong he or she is. But i see where you are coming from. Yet I kinda agree with what Bex is saying lol. Cause then we'd have a lot of straight edge babies xD.
Emo Pictures - JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
Jan 04 2011, 06:50 AM
I can understand it, but my friend has a boyfriend who is straight edge and he's actually major cool. But other than that, yeah, I understand
Emo Pictures - xSUICIDEBLOODx
xSUICIDEBLOODx
Jan 04 2011, 07:06 AM
i still don't get what this straight edge or whatever its called means D: :[ x
Emo Pictures - Vybz
Vybz
Jan 04 2011, 07:29 AM
this site perfectly answers my question lol - not connected to dietary or religious beliefs xD What is Straight Edge? The short answer is that it is a subculture centered around hardcore music. People who are straight edge do not smoke, do drugs or consume alcohol. There are no dietary or religious beliefs tied to straight edge contrary to media coverage. The long answer requires a bit of a history lesson. the site http://www.straightedge.com/whatissxe.html
Emo Pictures - xSUICIDEBLOODx
xSUICIDEBLOODx
Jan 04 2011, 07:42 AM
thanks stephen for the link :D <3 and well doesn't drink? sounds quite boring :/ x
Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
Jan 04 2011, 02:50 PM
lmfao xD and yeah i guess your right stephen,

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More