Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

I'm for something mystical, hysterical, dark intensive, sexual.I'm not gonna live forever.I'm not gonna live forever. Better make it now or never.. forever or never Forever or Never, by Cinema Bizarre

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

LipsOfDeceit
Piercings and tattoos self harming? Feb 21 2011, 07:38 AM
I just read somewhere that getting piercings and tattoos is a form of self harm... Discuss :P

Replies

RiRi-Rawwwrr
Feb 21 2011, 08:49 AM
Yeh coz your piercing your skin and scratching your skin but to be fair i dont think they can actually class it as self harm, getting tattoos and piercings isnt a mental condition or something that is frowned upon from loads and loads of people, some dont agree but they dont think that it has the mental link. Getting tattoos and piercings isnt seen as a coping mechanism. Dying from piercings and tattoos is more minimal than actual proper self harm as cutting burning e.c.t ^^
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Feb 21 2011, 03:01 PM
I disagree it's nothing to do with self harm. Plus self-harm in general is poorly understood.
Emo Pictures - Thomis
Thomis
Feb 21 2011, 11:04 PM
By this logic going to the dentist or getting ur bits waxed would be self harm too lol
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Feb 22 2011, 03:13 PM
Haha yea. It's a crazy world we live in..!
RiRi-Rawwwrr
Feb 23 2011, 02:50 PM
Hmm so technically cutting your hair is self harm O_o
Emo Pictures - JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
Feb 23 2011, 04:23 PM
Basically if you really think about it... but it's doing it to look cool not to take your mind off of mental pain lol
Emo Pictures - YourPerfectWeapon
YourPerfectWeapon
Feb 24 2011, 04:13 AM
Yes. Cutting is what we call "Self-Harming". Actually, this tattoos and piercings are more like "Body Art" for me and I just don't get why does people think it is stupid if you have a tattoo or piercing. I mean? Seriously, do you know what art really means? xD LOL! But yes, honestly, for me, tattoo isn't really a good idea. You'll feel so much pain and then it will give you a blood uhmm.. problems? I think. But anyways, it still depends on the person. Soo.. yeah. Piercing or Tattoo isn't a self-harming for me.
JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
Feb 26 2011, 07:32 PM
Hahaha now that I know what it feels like, tattoos are a great way of self-harming. It hurts like hell compared to just cutting yourself a little bit
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Feb 27 2011, 06:37 AM
It looks a hell of a lot better than cutting yourself though!
Emo Pictures - Brok3nANDProud
Brok3nANDProud
Feb 27 2011, 10:47 AM
If you think tattoo's hurt now, try getting the ancient way in Japan. They take the needles and jab them in one little area at a time, and there are full body tattoos like that. Now that would most definitely be self harm since i hear the pain is excruciating.
RiRi-Rawwwrr
Feb 27 2011, 10:51 AM
@Matt scars can be pretty in a weird way
JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
Feb 27 2011, 12:45 PM
Your right about that RiRi. I have a crescent-moon shaped scar on my shoulder. In a weird way it looks almost artistic
JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
Feb 27 2011, 12:51 PM
@Brok3nANDProud: Yeah I've hurt of that. My friend used a burning hot needle and didn't just poke through my skin, she frikkin had to scrape the skin away until it bled a lot
Emo Pictures - Opheliac_x
Opheliac_x
Feb 27 2011, 01:21 PM
It's been like proven or some shite that people who self-harm are more likely to have lots of piercings and/or tattoos. Hence why people who have lots of these things are teased and called 'emo' as it's part of the steryotype.
Emo Pictures - Brok3nANDProud
Brok3nANDProud
Feb 28 2011, 12:29 AM
@Jojo Sounds painful. My extremely ghetto friend made a machine out of a pen, motor from something, and a sharpened paperclip. Stupid things wasn't working so he kept shredding my skin in the same place trying to make the ink stay. But hey, now I just have a single line on my hand serving as a memory.
JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
Feb 28 2011, 04:33 PM
@Brok3nANDProud: Dude that sux >.< And yeah, it was painful as hell. I was biting my hand the whole time trying not to yell "F**K!" cuz it was like 12 something at night and I didn't want to wake up my parents... they'd kill me if they knew lol
Emo Pictures - lostcause
lostcause
Mar 01 2011, 03:03 AM
i had a letter A for Aaron tatooed on my shoulder by a freind (as a dare) using india ink and a burning hot needle :P i hated it so much the week after i got a scalple and just cut it out and now i have an awesome scar xD
Emo Pictures - lostcause
lostcause
Mar 01 2011, 04:14 AM
i had a letter A for Aaron tatooed on my shoulder by a freind (as a dare) using india ink and a burning hot needle :P i hated it so much the week after i got a scalple and just cut it out and now i have an awesome scar xD
Mar 03 2011, 11:46 AM
i self harm and m8 tatoos piercings pain wtf >.< me confuggled
JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
Mar 05 2011, 05:15 PM
@Lostcause: Dude! Sounds awesome xD lol

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More