Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Rise up and celebrate your life We're not alone in our ritual Sing for what you feel inside Becoming one with our ritual Ritual, by Black Veil Brides

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Cinema - Too Expensive? May 01 2011, 10:55 AM
As I'm sure you know the cinema costs a fortune nowadays unless you take advantage of Orange Wednesdays. Do you go to the cinema less than you use to? Do you even go at all now? If you don't go do you just wait for the DVD instead?

Replies

Emo Pictures - DizzyDotRocks
DizzyDotRocks
May 01 2011, 11:02 AM
Well our local cinema is awesome because not only is there Orange Wednesdays, but every Monday (except school and bank holidays) is cheap Monday, where every ticket, no matter whether you're a kid or an adult or whatever, is £3 :D plus I'm a student, so I get the kids rate which is £4.50, which isn't really too bad. I mean I don't go too often, but if anything, now I'm older and have more independence, I go MORE often that I used to. The main difference, however, is that I bring my own food and drink in rather than buying the cinema's own. I'm not paying more than what my ticket cost for refreshments! I'm actually going to watch Your Highness tomorrow, it looks really good! And I really can't wait for POTC 4 to come out!!!! Not long now!!!! :D
EyesXxLikeXxDimonds
May 01 2011, 11:11 AM
In the US its about 7 dollars a ticket no matter what day you go. I dont really go to the movies much unless there is something that I really want to see. It isnt that I dont think It worth 7 dollars to see some movie, but I rarely have the extra money to spend on them. I usually just wait till they come out on DVD
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 01 2011, 11:44 AM
On a normal weekday in my area (Worcester, UK) prices are: Mon-Thu before 5pm £6.10 Mon - Thu 5pm & after Fri before 5pm £7.30 Fri 5pm & after Sat & Sun £8.15 Oh and an adult is classed as 19 years old +
Emo Pictures - 8r0n70
8r0n70
May 01 2011, 01:05 PM
Don't think they're too high, still go on the movies I think are worth it. Prices are I think either 90 or 100 NOK, depending the popularity of the movie.
dark-side-risenx
May 01 2011, 02:08 PM
I guess the prices aren't bad, considering how little I go to the cinema. :P I haven't been in AGES though. :O Nothing good on! I might go see Harry Potter or something, like. But I don't know. :P
DizzyDotRocks
May 01 2011, 03:18 PM
Blimey, the adult fare is £6 all week besides Mondays here :L but then most things in this area are cheaper xD and an adult counts as 14+ years (with the exception of students)
FlamingBlackSkull
May 01 2011, 05:07 PM
There hasn't been much good movies lately. I haven't been to a cinema for a while. It is a tad expensive, but thats only because I also generally get some candies. X3
ninjasrule376
May 04 2011, 02:00 PM
yeah 8 dollars at the only 2 movie theatres iv ever been to..on any day of the week..and 12 dollars for 3D..its redicolous how much it costs..and you cant bring your own food so if you want something then you have to buy it there.. and i never go to the movies cuz it costs too much..i never went to the movies when it was cheaper either cuz i thought the prices were high then!
DizzyDotRocks
May 04 2011, 02:40 PM
Sneak your own food in, that's what we do ;)
ninjasrule376
May 04 2011, 04:05 PM
haha yeah once we hit up the dollar store and i taped the boxes all across my chest and down my stomach..the only problem with that was every time i took a step you could hear the candy in the box move haha..it was like *step, candy in box noise, step, candy in box noise* then finally i was like "oh fuck it im gonna make a run for it"
Emo Pictures - xSUICIDEBLOODx
xSUICIDEBLOODx
May 05 2011, 03:37 AM
well i think going to the cinema is kinda expensive and i just go on movies that sounds really good lol and it costs like in norway like between 90-120 SEK which is like 9-12 £ x
RiRi-Rawwwrr
May 05 2011, 07:47 AM
Its really expensive here ! i used to go like at least 3 times a month now i dont think ive been since i was 13 ! :// I'd rather watch films at home though your in your own space so you can do what you like :]
FlamingBlackSkull
May 05 2011, 09:09 PM
I sneak my own food in too sometimes, haha!
Emo Pictures - xSUICIDEBLOODx
xSUICIDEBLOODx
May 06 2011, 03:24 AM
I rather download movies :P lol x
LipsOfDeceit
May 15 2011, 01:06 PM
I still get in for "teen" prices cos I look like a fucking 12-year-old which is like a fiver or something, so it's not that bad but still expensive. :\

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More