Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

The pain in my heart just won’t end. The words that I find just don’t seem to compare. Awaiting my death in the end. Alone, I must seek out the end to begin. Orlando, by xxxtentacion

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

xRoseFallx
Trying to stop May 29 2011, 12:33 PM
I'm trying to stop cutting because i've just realised how abnormal my state of mind is. My friend was trying to get me to stop and i was saying there was nothing wrong with it. I grew to like the way it looked. I loved feeling like the freak. Thats not the state of mind i should be in... But i've been trying hard not to do it anymore.. but i'm really close to :/

Replies

Emo Pictures - DizzyDotRocks
DizzyDotRocks
May 29 2011, 02:46 PM
Well it IS really hard to stop :/ you need to be really strong-willed, but you should try flicking an elastic band against your wrist whenever you feel the urge to cut :)
Mikii
May 29 2011, 03:54 PM
That's a tough one :/ that was a good idea from the girl above :) maybe just try pinching yourself at the start and just really think about what you're doing, cutting is very dangerous.. Obviously. You can always be different or the one who stands out someother way :) I know it's gonna be tough but take it in small steps without using a blade or anything and you'll soon forget you feel like you need to do it :) best of luck, hope I helped. X
Emo Pictures - JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
May 30 2011, 07:55 PM
Hey, we're in this together. I'm quitting too, and its really hard, but you're not alone. Just fight through it! And... I would recommend using rubberbands, and it works, but... its easy to get addicted to those as well. Trust me :( I was using them but then I got horribly horribly addicted. So now I'm going "cold turkey", for lack of a better expression. But, every individual has a different method that works best for them, so I would try and come up with as many methods as possible, and narrow it down to something that'll work best for you! I used to like the way my scars look, too, but I'm finally beginning to hate them, lol Good luck, and hopefully we both succeed in our fight to quit! *hugs*
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 31 2011, 04:51 PM
^Those kind of replies on my site makes it all worthwhile. It's great everyone helps each other here unlike on some other similar sites..
JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
Jun 05 2011, 02:03 PM
Which is exactly why this is my favorite site:)
xRoseFallx
Jun 06 2011, 10:29 AM
i'm not doing that well at the moment... i keep going through a circle of trying--->failing---->feeling shit for failing--->getting worse--->realising---->trying and it all goes round again :/ cant exactly do the rubber band thing because i dont cut my wrist its so difficult to stop when theres no one there to stop you. my friends know but they dont try and stop me anymore. one of them did threaten to do it herself if i didnt stop which made me feel even worse :/
JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
Jun 06 2011, 03:38 PM
Agghh I'm sorry :( I hate vicious circles like that :( just keep trying :( And I didn't cut my wrists either, but the rubber bands still helped
Emo Pictures - DizzyDotRocks
DizzyDotRocks
Jun 08 2011, 11:16 AM
Yeahh I've never cut my wrists, but the elastic band still helps :) if going completely cold turkey is too difficult, then whenever you feel the urge to cut, try to put off actually cutting for as long as possible, and try to increase that time each time. Eventually, you'll get to the point where you wait so long that you no longer want to do it and can happily wait until the next time :)
Emo Pictures - EmoDancerLol
EmoDancerLol
Jun 08 2011, 06:41 PM
Yesterday I started the process of cutting by scratching the corner of my lipgloss into my wrist. I don't know why I did it but today I made sure I took care of myself and did what makes me happy. Hopefully it never becomes worse than that.
xRoseFallx
Jun 09 2011, 11:42 AM
i'm normally fine when im talking to people... but when nobody texts back and im in bed (i get sent to bed at 9 :( ) it just seems like no one would care... the next day when i have to face people it hits me... :/
JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
Jul 03 2011, 09:29 AM
I know how you feel Rose D:
Emo Pictures - ohsolo
ohsolo
Jul 05 2011, 11:32 AM
stick with it Rose another good way to avoid is holding an ice cube tightly in your hand, sounds weird but it worked for me sometimes

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More