Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

There ain't no rest for the wicked. Money don't grow on trees. I got bills to pay.I got mouths to feed. Ain't nothing in this world for free. Ain't No Rest For The Wicked, by Cage The Elephant

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

MonkeyButt
Who would want me like this... Jul 21 2011, 02:04 PM
You see, I suffer with scoliosis & I feel and look crooked. Scoliosis (from Greek: skoliƍsis meaning from skolios, "crooked") I hate it. When I breathe in, My left hip & rib sticks out. So I only wear baggy T-Shirts. Who would want me like this tho? A crooked, messed up, emotionally unstable girl with a twisted spine? I'm the only one in my school out of 500 students who suffers with this. I just feel like an outcast, I also have Social Anxiety & bi-polar depression ;/ I know bi-polar depression is mostly common but am I the only one with scoliosis?? D;

Replies

Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
Jul 21 2011, 04:41 PM
No somebody else, one here had it too, though I can't remember her name, and by the way my back is I can already tell that in the future I'm going to have it too, I also have social anxiety and I'm bi-polar so your not alone, and heyy as you get older guys tend to like girls that are insane
MonkeyButt
Jul 22 2011, 01:15 AM
A'ww <33 We can share scoliosis stories then x] But the doctor said he won't do anything, no surgery, no brace just leave it. It helps if I do exercise like dancing & swimming which I do them anyway. Lol ;pp I'm pretty insane right now x] Thanks so much Courtney <33
Emo Pictures - Opheliac_x
Opheliac_x
Jul 22 2011, 07:07 AM
Keep hope. You'll find that many people in the world suffer with it too and you're difinately not alone. There are many physical and mental problems with me but I managed to find a boy who looks past all that and sticks with me through it all. One day you'll find that too (:
Emo Pictures - Ferret
Ferret
Jul 22 2011, 08:23 AM
Good friend of mine also has skoliosis. So I can understand to a degree what your going through. It can be very difficult to do anything some days. I myself suffer from a fairly minor illness aswell which I won't bore you with the details of. I personally think and do not judge people on their illnesses and disabilities and I doubt I am alone out there. So have hope and keep your chin up. I know it sounds like crappy platitudes but not all of us are shallow asshats.
Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
Jul 22 2011, 10:44 AM
^^ there's a difference between being shallow and an asshole and MonkeyButt I betcha you can't even tell... and as you get older I'm sure there is surgery and stuff they'd be willing to do on your back to help, I think the only reason they don't do anything right now is because of your age, sometimes these things can correct themselves...
Emo Pictures - JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
Jul 26 2011, 01:39 PM
I have a crooked spine as well. One of my hips is higher than the other, causing my spine to curve, which also causes one of my legs to be half an inch shorter than the other. When I was little I found out about this and went to a children's hospital once a year for a while to figure out what was wrong. I guess they said it wasn't scoliosis, but idk. I used to get really annoyed at how my pants sat higher on one side of my waist than the other, but I've gotten used to it, and it doesn't bother me much anymore I have social anxieties too, and frequent anxiety attacks, at least a few times each week. Trust me, just because you have problems doesn't mean no one will want you. You are very pretty, and have an awesome personality :)
Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
Jul 26 2011, 02:13 PM
^^ Agreed 100%
Emo Pictures - DizzyDotRocks
DizzyDotRocks
Jul 28 2011, 03:24 PM
I have a friend who has scoliosis, though she's just had surgery for it - tbh, until she told me, I didn't even realise it! So trust me, anybody who's worth knowing won't care about your scoliosis :) it's the same story for social anxiety and bipolar, anybody worth knowing won't care :)
AudreyAffection
Aug 01 2011, 11:29 PM
take it from dr. seuss: "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." trust me, you will find someone who likes you just the way you are. anyone who doesnt like you because of that stupid reason is heartless. as ive learned (& its really tough) there are some things in life that just arent worth it, like anybody who doesnt accept you for YOU.
xXDominickXx
Aug 02 2011, 12:39 AM
dont feel like an outcast, your not. and i kinda like it. im tired of all humans being exactly the same. just dont let it get you down and youll rise above the rest. so to answer your question... i would. and im sure plenty others would hun.
OnyxAngel
Aug 02 2011, 06:23 AM
Aww's Georgie, I love you :D You are insane. But it's what makes you awesome :)
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Aug 02 2011, 04:16 PM
For a start judging by your replies on this forum you are very kind and thoughtful :)
Emo Pictures - Ferret
Ferret
Aug 04 2011, 01:11 PM
Oh I know theres a difference between asshatishness and being shallow I was just trying to get the point across that those who view sickness, illness and disability as a negative in regards to who a person is are plonkers. Then again I'm one of those with a problem so I'm biased. I suffer aswell from social anxiety, general anxiety, I have a strong case of depression, fybromalgia, CFS (M.E) and my sense of humour is truly terrible. So the short of it is that we shouldn't judge a person by their problems/illnesses. I've only been a part of this site for a relatively short time but you are one of the few who has made me feel welcome Monkeybutt.
OnyxAngel
Aug 06 2011, 03:28 PM
Yeah, cuz Ferret's cool despite all of that stuff that he listed he has.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More