Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

just close ur eyes the sun is goin down. ull b alright no one can hurt u now. come morning light u and ill b safe and sound Safe and Sound, by Taylor Swift

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

MonkeyButt
Thinking About The Future Jul 26 2011, 03:12 AM
So I've always had this plan of nearly each year dying my hair different colors, next year I'm going platinum blonde with black in it:D, 2013 I'll go light blue with black & really light blonde in it. 2014 I'll go red with black&really light blonde again [; Then for my 16th B-Day I'm going all black with green, hot pink, red, blue highlights in it :D Then when I'm 18 I have to go all black no highlights because my mum says I won't get accepted in uni because of the way I'd look. Because I want my belly button & nose pierced, plus up my ear pierced. I hate that when I'm older I can't express who I am because people won't accept me & I won't be able to get a job. What do you think I should do? Only be who I truely am through my teens then when I'm 18 go 'normal'? D:

Replies

Emo Pictures - JCGenocideofNormal
JCGenocideofNormal
Jul 26 2011, 05:05 AM
Milk it for all you can get, for as long as you can. :P A ton of girls can pull of this style and such into their 20's. People don't like you for who you are, and how you look, well F@%! them. Hell, i'll be like 90 on my deathbed and have like light blue hair if I want D:< Stay as you are for as long as you feel like you want to.
divinelove
Jul 26 2011, 11:32 AM
i feel yah stupid jobs i had blonde hair with black bangs and black underneath and i work at mcdonalds and they made me take the black out cause it looked unprofesional D: it killedddd my hair taking the black out by a profesional it was scary, id probly get fired if i put blue or somethin in it i hate it its so unfair and judgemental:/
Emo Pictures - JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
JojoCupcakeKillerrxD
Jul 26 2011, 01:32 PM
I've been debating the same thing with myself, especially since I can't even do what I want NOW D: I'll just go crazy during college I guess...
Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
Jul 26 2011, 02:23 PM
haha I'd have to agree... my mom says I'm not allowed to dye my hair or get any piericings until I turn 18 but at that point I'll only have half a year left of high school left after that, and It's not like I'll have the money to get all the tattoos and piericings I want... and with my goals of psycology, I don't know how it'd look... and I don't know how well my chances of getting into the air force would be with the tattoos that I want... always worrying about the future...
Emo Pictures - EmoDancerLol
EmoDancerLol
Jul 26 2011, 08:25 PM
Funny thing about McDonalds...I used to work there. And as soon as I started caring about my appearance, and doing my makeup, the treatment I got became worse.
Emo Pictures - ManaRawr
ManaRawr
Jul 27 2011, 12:01 PM
Get a job in a headshop. They don't care what you look like ^^
MonkeyButt
Jul 28 2011, 02:24 AM
That's the thing, I don't wanna work in a headshop all my life. I want a career ;/ You see, as Courtney said, I did want to be psychiatric but it would look weird >_< I do want to learn how to play the guitar, so if I do that & go to art school/music school I can look however I want. Or I'm really into photography.._. idk.
Emo Pictures - xSUICIDEBLOODx
xSUICIDEBLOODx
Jul 28 2011, 11:36 AM
Well i don't care too much about what other people thinks of me having piercings and i will find a job soon i hope where they accept me for who i am and i will stay emo until i die XD lol (and i am serious about that XD) x
Emo Pictures - DizzyDotRocks
DizzyDotRocks
Jul 28 2011, 03:30 PM
Actually, uni won't care if you dye your hair or have piercings or tattoos etc. they just want the students that will do the best. It's jobs that care. Hence why I have to be careful with what I do with my hair and piercings :(
Varg_Vikernes
Jul 28 2011, 09:38 PM
Look at me, I'm a tall, long haired, beardy guy with piercings and wear over the top heavy metal shirts. I've got into University and I work in a place where they play pretty much nothing but Chart Music, really as long as you can be convincing enough that you're good enough for the job you can do it.
Emo Pictures - nikkiwest
nikkiwest
Jul 30 2011, 04:35 PM
what's a headshop??? excuse me for being american xD and monkey, photography can get you soooo soooo soooo far in life, as long as your good at it... there will always be people who need their pictures taken xD
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Aug 02 2011, 04:21 PM
A head shop is a retail outlet specializing in drug paraphernalia used for consumption of cannabis, other recreational drugs, legal highs, legal party powders and New Age herbs, as well as counterculture art, magazines, music, clothing, and home decor; some head shops also sell oddities, such as antique walking sticks.
Emo Pictures - BreezyBelonephobia
BreezyBelonephobia
Aug 02 2011, 04:58 PM
yea for along time my parents worried about my appearance because they were scared it would ruin my chances for jobs and colleges. But where I live alot of jobs and school are allowing crazy hair colors and piercings and gauges and tattoos now. Your parents are right if you want to go to the Uni you really want to go to you might have to go 'normal' but if I were you I would check the dress code somehow to make sure ahead of time. But most importantly be yourself, if you want to go their enough then do it, but if your appearance means more to you than that then do what you feels right.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More