Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

So close your eyes and kiss me like it's the last time. These lips need medication Breathing In Sequence, by Hawthorne Heights

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

RavenEd1
SELF HARM SURVEY Sep 24 2011, 12:31 PM
Hello everyone! I have recently decided that I shall make a blog post to help those who are involved with self harm- be it by cutting, burning or otherwise harming themselves on purpose. I must, however, know a few things; so, if you wish to help me get some info to better be able to help others with my blog, please answer the following questions. NOTE: If you do not wish to post your answers here, you can PM me or Email me the answers, and of course, all of it is anonymous. 1.Why do you cut? 2. What causes you to cut? (Explain) 3. How often do you cut? 4. Does anyone know about your cutting? 5. How do you feel after you cut? Immediately and an hour or so after? 6. Do you want to stop? Thanks, Raven

Replies

Emo Pictures - freedom
freedom
Apr 09 2012, 01:03 PM
helps me feel something like im not numb lots of things every day no better nope
Emo Pictures - Emo_Tional_Girl_2013
Emo_Tional_Girl_2013
Apr 11 2012, 05:45 AM
I'm trying to stop cutting but I'll partake. 1. I used to cut to stop the tears. The emotional pain got too great so I traded it with pyhsical. 2. The reasons were mostly the overwhelming situations I was put in and couldn't see a solution. 3. I use to cut only when neccessary. Sometimes once of twice a month. Sometimes more. 4. My parents and some of my friends found out and they still hold it over me constantly. I get so pissed off after that. 5. I felt good after I saw the wounds starting to heal. But before then, just more pain. 6. I wanna stop and have gone a while without cutting. I hope to continue this. But I still have a lot of un-explained bruising on my legs and arms that my folks think is realated to it. DX
Emo Pictures - xXMessedUpXx
xXMessedUpXx
Apr 13 2012, 01:08 PM
1.Why do you cut? self punishment,to feel a release 2. What causes you to cut? (Explain) Well i've been depressed since i was 11 (now have a diagnosis of bipolar), and self harmed since i was 12, i guess i use it as a way to cope with how i'm feeling, sometimes if i'm angry at myself i punish myself with SH, other times i just need to feel like all the crap in my head is being released somehow 3. How often do you cut? It varies, at the moment i'm going through a rough patch and its nearly daily but i can sometimes go a few months in between 4. Does anyone know about your cutting? My parents know i used to, but don't know i still do. My best friends know i have and my exes knew. But nobody knows i've been doing it recently 5. How do you feel after you cut? Immediately and an hour or so after? Immediately i feel a release, and feel calm and the endorphins kick in. It's almost like a high. An hour or so after i feel guilty and ashamed, and i'm usually in pain 6. Do you want to stop? Yes, one day. But i need to find other coping mechanisms before i can. I don't think i'm ready to stop yet but i'm going to try
Emo Pictures - BoOCherry80
BoOCherry80
May 01 2012, 10:31 PM
I'm going to put this in my journal section, if its ok with you Raven....
White_Shadow
May 16 2012, 04:13 PM
1. Why do you cut? at one time for pleasure, it felt good then depression, it took my mind off things and 'released' what was built up inside me then i gave up on life and wanted to die 2. What causes you to cut? 3. How often do you cut? It was about 2-3 times a week, when it got bad 4. Does anyone know about your cutting? a few close friends I've told anyone who can see the scars 5. How do you feel after you cut? Immediately and an hour or so after? I felt happy right after i did it, then later i regret it and sometimes cried. 6. Do you want to stop? I already have, me and my friend promised each other that we wouldn't do it anymore and neither of us have broken that promise. Going on 5 months of no self harm :)
xxLadyLinaxx
May 16 2012, 05:09 PM
1.Why do you cut? Because my depression is so bad I can't feel reality and cutting is what helps me feel in touch with the world. 2. What causes you to cut? (Explain) I can't feel my body due to mental illness and self-harm is the only way I can find to solve it 3. How often do you cut? Every day to every 4 days 4. Does anyone know about your cutting? Yes, my mom and dad find out when I started when I was 10 or 11 and all my support givers know. Only one or two friends do though. 5. How do you feel after you cut? Immediately and an hour or so after? I feel aware of whats going on, and I feel brave. 6. Do you want to stop? Not really, unless I really have to../:
FiFiTheVampBitcxh
May 17 2012, 02:20 PM
i use to cut but managed to stop ^^
Emo Pictures - DizzyDotRocks
DizzyDotRocks
May 25 2012, 01:20 PM
1.Why do you cut? For many reasons - to punish myself, to release pain, because it feels good, because its easier to cope with physical pain than mental pain. 2. What causes you to cut? (Explain) Feeling depressed, guilty, angry 3. How often do you cut? Well I'm trying to stop, so currently not that often. About once a month maybe? 4. Does anyone know about your cutting? My parents know I used to cut, but they believe I've stopped. My boyfriend knows I cut, and he's supportive about it. 5. How do you feel after you cut? Immediately and an hour or so after? Immediately, and intense rush. An hour later, I'm usually asleep tbh (95% of the time I cut before I go to bed) 6. Do you want to stop? I'm trying to stop, not really because I want to, but because I don't want the scars and for my boyfriend. Not that he's told me I have to stop, but because everytime he sees a new scar his face breaks my heart :(
Emo Pictures - DropDeadMandii
DropDeadMandii
May 27 2012, 02:58 PM
i no longer cut. but i know what you guys are going through. and i promise it gets better <3 i love all of you. if you ever need to talk about this...or anything really, dont hesitate to message me. <3 best of luck ~ Mandi

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More