Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Blast of a gun, breath runs out, final thoughts put to extinction "No more love, no more pain," for you have chosen suicide as the way out... Act Of Depression, by Underoath

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

MellowCloudsRevenge
Racism vs. EMO Nov 19 2012, 05:09 PM
I remembered a dude named James Wm or something like that on Facebook, he said that a black girl wasn't emo and she was fat and ugly... He was talking about me... What is the deal with people thinking that specific people are just "emos" ? Confession: Over 4 years (I'm 14 now), I turned back emo and I am still. Um, yepz, there are emos ALL over the world and I know plenty of emos. EMOs shouldn't be determined by race, weight, hair color, or gender. If someone calls a Black, White, Chinese, or any kind of race a fag or a fake, Forget them because if you know what you are, you shouldn't be ashamed of it AT ALL... and honestly, do you think all people talk like this, " wat up my st8 homeboi" ? Like WTF ? I type like how I talk... If you don't understand the fact that I use grammar when I talk, idgaf cause I just don't care. You think I'm about to talk like I'm a ratchet black person that texts like this, "watt up bruhh ayyeee" ? Like um no ! Then, there are black people like me that listen to rock music and music other than rap. If you ask, the band Attack Attack is beast ! <3 but my point it doesn't matter what race you are, EMO is EMO and the true fags are the ones that go around on Facebook that brag about their "so called being" of being an EMo. Like people nowadays ? My question is : Like why do people do this to so many others ? :'(

Replies

Emo Pictures - Xolivia-von-sodomyX
Xolivia-von-sodomyX
Nov 19 2012, 07:05 PM
hell yeah girl! i hate that i have a friend with his head up his ass that thinks race determains personality i argue with em all the time bout it. every one is different and race has nothing to do with it people are so ignorite is makes me mad!
Emo Pictures - -_-x
-_-x
Nov 19 2012, 11:30 PM
I can't STAND when people mention race before everything. I can really relate to this because I'm Black, however people think it's relevant to point my skin color and that's just simple-minded. I mean, a lot of people do that, and I get bullied for this everyday, and just because I am what I am doesn't mean I have to fit in a certain stereotype. I mean, it really pisses me off.
Slatelove
Nov 20 2012, 10:28 AM
Yeah, i agree, I have tons of Black friends who don't talk like ghetto rappers; way to go for you, standing up to that stereotype:)
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Nov 20 2012, 03:00 PM
There are lots of 'black' emo's on this site, but more white. Like a lot of things in life if you are in the minority you are more likely to get stupid people with nothing better to do than be insulting. We of course welcome all races on this site and racism isn't tolerated.
nezzyneon
Nov 21 2012, 11:05 AM
this idea of 'black's can't be emo' really ticks me off....who are they to say they can't?! Majority of the population on earth is so, they need to learn the facts before they start talking....i've had friends in the past who were black and emo and they were awesome! :)
Emo Pictures - MidoKilmy
MidoKilmy
Dec 10 2012, 04:50 AM
Hey, that guy wasn't worth listening to. Don't care about it. You're probably more emoish than all these white pseudo-models spreading their pics with colourful hair around on the internet but secretly admiring Justin B. *-^
Emo Pictures - Vybz
Vybz
Dec 10 2012, 04:38 PM
Soemo is the place for you my friend. I've been a member for three years going 4 and have been accepted quite well on the site. I've never been called a "black emo" before - at least not on here-. In fact, even in my country which is an island in the Caribbean, the majority of people are black, so when I was into the emo scene I didn't get much racial opposition. Hence I understand the minority issue others have pointed out before.
Emo Pictures - syole
syole
Dec 18 2012, 07:03 AM
You can be whatever you like with your skin tone! Even a president,a sports champion, an emo, a goth a sumo a living statue, a bit more melanin doesn't make you any more or less emo, and whoever says it does should be burned alive, =D!
Freakem0z_Ziazia
Dec 18 2012, 08:41 PM
<b>lmao so true i have many people at my school that black emo
KobraKid
Dec 20 2012, 08:12 PM
I can really relate, when I told my friends i'm into the emo scene and music they just say 'well, your black so... it's really awkward' or 'you don't look the type' or even 'stop being white'. Meh, idk. Infact, i like being unique compared to the girls in my class who are forced to 'act black' and listen to niki minaj. Races are skin colours, not personalities.
Emo Pictures - Xeno
Xeno
Dec 25 2012, 04:45 PM
That is just stereotyping do not let them get to you and just ignore it
Bones
Dec 30 2012, 11:31 AM
well im part "black"....american indian though who the hell can tell im also part gypsy! part english, scot well i every fucking thing and guess wot people i have a black emo teddy u wonna see!! xx
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jan 02 2013, 03:13 PM
^always thought you were part gypsy..
emolovesbloodcake
Jan 20 2013, 07:47 AM
Im black nd proud
Emo Pictures - thelastchapter
thelastchapter
Jun 07 2013, 10:18 AM
Why we using lables and steriotypes ><

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More