Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

When you've got something new Well I'm sorry you had it rough And I'm sorry I'm not enough Thank God they rescued you Good For You, by Dear Evan Hansen

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

Emo Pictures - Xx-EmoBeemo-xX
Xx-EmoBeemo-xX
Personality Disorders. Mar 10 2013, 07:14 AM
I wanted to know if anyone on here had them, or anyone you knew and if you do which one? I wanted to know because I don't know much people with them and my friends kept making fun of me saying I might have depression ^-^ Well I don't know what you want to call depression but I haven't been sent to my school counselor in five days :D But anyways. Yeah, and how you/they coup with it I guess.

Replies

Emo Pictures - Kate
Kate
Mar 10 2013, 08:16 AM
I've got mates who suffer from Bipolar(manic depression - meaning their mood can vary extremely quickly and last for long periods of time, in some cases ... ) it's just a matter of being able to mange it really, i personally find distracting your mind helps as your not focusing on the problem and making it any worse than it already is .. but it's hard to do at times
x_beyondparanormal_x
Mar 10 2013, 12:50 PM
^ i agree with the last comment. i have bipoler/manic depression diorder it's really hard sometimes, but i have at least 2 people who i know care about me and that helps. .3.
x_beyondparanormal_x
Mar 10 2013, 12:58 PM
for me it's hard to deal with people, human contact or emotions. i really suck at emotions e.e i cut sometimes to deal with anger or depression but i really try not to. i'll go through a really long period of time, just crying randomly or being super mad for no reason. sometimes people accuse me of being a "pity party" and wanting attention, sure i want attention (doesn't everyone?) but i never asked to be like this and i hate it. so um...yah im not much help :p but hey, that's me. i'm not ashamed of me -no matter how fucked up i am- and i don't really pity myself, sometimes yes, but i dont think i really mean it. so..yah. c:
Emo Pictures - DizzyDotRocks
DizzyDotRocks
Mar 10 2013, 01:14 PM
Depression isn't a personality disorder, it's a mood disorder, as is bipolar (sorry, psychology student in me coming out here!), but it's still not nice. It's nothing to make fun of, and tbh, it's disgusting that anyone would make fun of you if you do have it. I was originally diagnosed when I was 14, and it's been very difficult for me since. To be honest, I think I actually have a personality disorder (borderline, to be specific) rather than depression, but depression is a part of bpd, and I'm always wary about self-diagnosis. But yeah, depression, as with any mental health problem, is difficult to deal with. The best thing is to start treatment asap, either preferably a talking therapy but drugs too if they're needed (NEVER rely on drugs alone for treating depression. There are so many potential side effects and you're only treating the symptoms, not the cause. As soon as you come off the drugs, the depression will start again, unless you've been having talking therapy alongside the drugs.) In terms of what you can do to help yourself, definitely try to distract yourself, and surround yourself with people who care about you when possible. I also find setting myself goals and committing myself to projects helps, as then I have to keep going so as to not let other people down. In terms of friends and family with mental health problems, quite a few of my friends and family members suffer or have suffered from depression, one of them specifically suffering from SAD. My boyfriend has paranoid schizophrenia, which he had long before I met him, but tbh, if you just met him, you'd never realise there was anything wrong with him. The psychosis part of his disorder is controlled entirely by drugs, and the depression and anxiety parts are controlled by drugs and help from his mental health worker. I know the journey has been very difficult for him, and for the last year and a half that I've been with him, I've seen how it does affect his life. But I love him, and no matter what he goes through, I will be there for him.
Xx-EmoBeemo-xX
Mar 10 2013, 04:44 PM
x_beyondparanormal_x hey, I'm kind of the same way, but people don't say I want attention, at least I don't think they do, because I was usually always quiet, or pretty much antisocial. :P
MellowCloudsRevenge
Mar 12 2013, 10:04 AM
I had ADHD since I was around 2 or 3 ! Honestly, You should just ignore the people that pick on you. They're obvious haters that need to die. In order to cope with the disorder, sometimes you have to listen to music, believe in yourself, and maintain a calm state of mind at times. I listen to music very often and some of the bands I listened to, some of the group members have disorders and they inspire me. Also, my emotions are extremely screwed up and I can't manage to maintain a steady mood for 5 minutes cause my mood changes and that's caused me to lose people in my life including one of my exs/best friends (at the moment now) but just believe in yourself mainly and hang around some friends that will encourage through anything and have fun in your life ! Just like Mitch Lucker said, "You only live once so just go fucking nuts !" :) So <3 ! Yeah ^_^
x_beyondparanormal_x
Mar 12 2013, 12:59 PM
Xx-EmoBeemo-xX i just kinda ignore them :p the one's who mostly say that are my parents and some prep at school anyways i'm pretty iscolated, i talk to my gf and one other friend mostly at school and stay on the computer the rest of the day disorders run in my family so noone's real concerned about it except when my mom made me go to counciling for a few weeks but, oh well. i just ignore pretty much everything around me as much as possible .3. i didnt say this before but since someone brought i up, i rely a lot on cigarrettes to deal with it, even though i know that's wrong. i mean, yah im only 13, but hell i live in fairborn and here every kid smokes :p and i do take depression pills when necessary, even though they never really work e.e so yah. yep.._.
Bones
Mar 14 2013, 11:41 AM
agree with all the above and mainly kate cuz I love her!! erm don't be scared to be who you are I personally find it hard to accept people with depression and mentally ill people; this is because of someone in my past and the way they treated me! when I hear someone id depressed I get scared of them....weird I no...:) there is nothing wrong with me though slightly over the top and always highly are my best qualities!! xxx
Emo Pictures - Kate
Kate
Mar 14 2013, 11:56 AM
^love you too bones it mainly comes down to this simple point : be your self whether you have /know people with PD's or depression and do you best to stay strong and learn to manage them so they effect you less =)
Xx-EmoBeemo-xX
Mar 17 2013, 01:39 PM
Thank you guys c: I had to go to the counselour on Friday because...of people and she said the next time it happens she'd give me a stress ball ^-^ But this really kind of helped because it gives me self esteem to boost me up! :D
Finding_James
Mar 20 2013, 05:27 PM
I have depression and bipolar disorder. As far as personality disorders go...I used to think I had Borderline Personality Disorder, but I don't really think so anymore. One of the things people with BPD do is act on impulse which I don't do. But I do fear abandonment and tend to push away the people I need the most (but both of those things probably just stemmed from spending my childhood without having much of a stable parental figure, as well being hurt by the people I trusted the most at some point or another). And because I tend to push people away, I spend a lot of time alone which makes me feel more depressed. Eh, 'tis life I suppose. Good luck with getting some help and stuff though!
Emo Pictures - PandaHero
PandaHero
Mar 22 2013, 03:37 PM
I've got.. Like.. DID.. Which people more commonly know it as Multiple Personalities disorder.. I have manic depression as well.. But I'm on meds, so I'm good~
Emo Pictures - HisLovelyPikaCx
HisLovelyPikaCx
Mar 24 2013, 12:04 PM
I completely agree with her.
Emo Pictures - xSUICIDEBLOODx
xSUICIDEBLOODx
Mar 27 2013, 07:07 AM
I have a mix of some disorders like : depression, panic anxiety, and etc.. Many people very close to me r getting really annoyed with me being like either very sad or really happy.. Some people has even been breaking friendships with me because they cant handle me as a person when i am depressed :/ I do try to be positive.. but there's always people around me that points out faults with me .. like ur too fat, behave more like a lady " -__-", dress more like "normal" people does...and don't be so honest and etc.. *sighs* I do hope that my life will get better sometime in the future thou ... x
Xx-EmoBeemo-xX
Mar 28 2013, 07:36 PM
Aww, xSUICIDEBLOODx I hope that your life gets better soon :\ I would kind of really hate to have your life. It seems like it sucks..
Emo Pictures - thelastchapter
thelastchapter
May 31 2013, 04:54 AM
I do but I prefer not to say.
-DarkFeelings-
Jun 07 2013, 04:57 PM
I suffer depression (I guess it goes off the limit sometimes) and social anxiety, besides, I always fake my smile, I can't ever be happy because I stopped feeling that a while ago.. Besides, I have eating disorders, I stop eating by a long time and I try to puke but I can't. There is no other way to me to take it out than writing music, but I mean, at least I stopped cutting. Besides, I'm isolated too, I prefer being alone, and I always try to listen to music when people is around me so I can stick to my own world for a few minutes.. Besides, I always feel either dirty, that I smell bad or that I'm too fat when I'm around people. that is why I never hit on a girl or something.. My imagination fucked me up..
Emo Pictures - MidoKilmy
MidoKilmy
Jul 27 2013, 12:50 AM
Schizotypal, Boarderline, Paranoid, histrionic, Avoidant and Dependent disorders.. Used to have depression episodes but it's not so bad recently. I have good reasons to live and I think I like it x,..,x
Emo Pictures - -_-x
-_-x
Jul 27 2013, 12:06 PM
I'm completely normal, but I understand these symptoms, personality disorders because I am surrounded by a lot of friends with them. But many of my friends tell me I have multi personality disorder which could be true, but I actually never been to the doctor to confirm those things.
Emo Pictures - BloodEmotion
BloodEmotion
Nov 24 2013, 12:06 PM
Hi... I think I have several disorders but I don't know any of them (havent been to a phycologist in years). I know I have a mild case of asperjes (that how it's spelt?)sindrome, so I feel socially awkward, I can't really socialize with people (unless its on the internet)and it takes me a long time to talk with someone. Also I have fits of blind fury (sometimes I black out),example: one day somebody pushed me to the ground and I kinda hurt myself pretty bad, then when I got up I felt this burst of adrenalinne and then... I blacked out; after that I saw a chair smashed and the wall had a crack in it, everyone was doing it in their pants... after that I just sat and cried for hours. Apart from that my mood is like a damned rollercoaster, one minute I'm feeling ok (I dont feel happy anymore and, like -DarkFeelings-, fake my smile) and the next moment I feel giga sad and depressed. I ocationly feel good... but I can only release a small gigle before it goes away. The emotions I mostly feel are: sad, loney, angry (can lead to wrathful), hateful,etc. I feel depressed pretty often and well... I guess not having friends or a nice working and caring family doesen't help. I started cutting 5 days ago as well as drinking... it feels good at first, but then I just feel like crying. I just want someone to tell me what is wrong with me... I hate whining I really do, but I cant tell no one else, my mum (the only one who really does care about me) started crying her eyes out after only showing her my true self just a little bit... I don't like breaking hearts. So if anyone can diagnose or relate to me I would aprtiate it. Forgive my pitiful whining... thank you for reading <3

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More