Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

You never know what people have up their sleeves Ghosts from your past gonna jump out at me Lurking in the shadows with their lip gloss smiles But I don't care 'cause right now you're mine Ours, by Taylor Swift

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

Emo Pictures - Kate
Kate
emo /scene... what's happening ? May 21 2013, 01:11 PM
Recently I've noticed in a lot of people opinions on the web and in person that these two different subcultures have some what merged in to one larger more diverse subculture... Now I know there's always been huge differences between the two subcultures ( emo and scene ) both musically and style wise But now it seems to have become more of a fine line and a huge grey/cross over area in the middle ... Has anyone else noticed this and what are your opinions on the matter ?

Replies

Emo Pictures - KupKakeKitty
KupKakeKitty
May 22 2013, 03:50 AM
I think it might be because younger teens are just finding out about the two styles and think they are the same and accidentally combine them, or, people just getting into the scene/emo scene have decided they like both and kind of merge them together.
Emo Pictures - Kate
Kate
May 22 2013, 03:03 PM
true .. i've certainly done the second one myself a few times in the past
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
May 22 2013, 03:07 PM
Yes I see where you are coming from Kate. It does appear to be merging, but it's great that emo/scene is still going strong. I can't see it fading dramatically for a while yet either.
Emo Pictures - Kate
Kate
May 23 2013, 12:08 PM
I don't think either subculture will fade any time soon to be honest ... As long as the music is around so will the things associated with it
Emo Pictures - -FiFi-
-FiFi-
May 24 2013, 04:07 AM
In my eyes i see similarities and differences.. really and one can look the same as the other. And who knows people may of taken a emo/scene route and it may end up being a subculture in the future who knows...
Bones
May 26 2013, 12:32 PM
the difference in name should keep the difference in style...thou yer all is becoming one!!! I don't like it and I don't like primark selling rock tshirt either !!! :P xx
Emo Pictures - thelastchapter
thelastchapter
May 31 2013, 04:44 AM
I think its cuz the preteens are trying to find there "look" so they dress sence and as they get older they may go more toward "the dark side" (like emo or gothic look) or stay the same

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More