Emo Community Scene Emo Guys and Girls

Email:

Password:

Forgot Password?

Emo Lyrics:

Emo lyricsdamaged pride and vulnerable, all my fears are open now. never thought this would hit me so hard...Emo song lyrics
(Dance Gavin Dance - betrayed by the game)

[Submit Lyrics]

Alternative clothing from Sohos

Blue Banana

Emo Meet - London UK - August 2011

Forums » Emo Lifestyle [NEW POST]

emo /scene... what's happening ? - May 21 2013, 01:11 PM

Kate - soEmo.co.uk
Kate

Recently I've noticed in a lot of people opinions on the web and in person that these two different subcultures have some what merged in to one larger more diverse subculture...

Now I know there's always been huge differences between the two subcultures ( emo and scene ) both musically and style wise

But now it seems to have become more of a fine line and a huge grey/cross over area in the middle ...

Has anyone else noticed this and what are your opinions on the matter ?
  Reply | Subscribe to Updates

Total Forum Posts: 7

KupKakeKitty - soEmo.co.uk
KupKakeKitty

May 22 2013, 03:50 AM

I think it might be because younger teens are just finding out about the two styles and think they are the same and accidentally combine them, or, people just getting into the scene/emo scene have decided they like both and kind of merge them together.
Kate - soEmo.co.uk
Kate

May 22 2013, 03:03 PM

true .. i've certainly done the second one myself a few times in the past
xXeMoRaCeRXx - soEmo.co.uk
xXeMoRaCeRXx

May 22 2013, 03:07 PM

Yes I see where you are coming from Kate. It does appear to be merging, but it's great that emo/scene is still going strong. I can't see it fading dramatically for a while yet either.
Kate - soEmo.co.uk
Kate

May 23 2013, 12:08 PM

I don't think either subculture will fade any time soon to be honest ...
As long as the music is around so will the things associated with it
-FiFi- - soEmo.co.uk
-FiFi-

May 24 2013, 04:07 AM

In my eyes i see similarities and differences.. really and one can look the same as the other.
And who knows people may of taken a emo/scene route and it may end up being a subculture in the future who knows...
Bones - soEmo.co.uk
Bones

May 26 2013, 12:32 PM

the difference in name should keep the difference in style...thou yer all is becoming one!!! I don't like it and I don't like primark selling rock tshirt either !!! :P
xx
thelastchapter - soEmo.co.uk
thelastchapter

May 31 2013, 04:44 AM

I think its cuz the preteens are trying to find there "look" so they dress sence and as they get older they may go more toward "the dark side" (like emo or gothic look) or stay the same

Total Forum Posts: 7

Please enter your reply below: