Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

“I am so fricking bored nothing to do today I guess I’ll sit around and Medicate” RX, by Theory Of A Deadman

Emo Forums » Help And Advice (Reply)

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Put mental health on timetable, schools urged Jul 05 2013, 10:38 AM
Mental health lessons should be on the timetable in every secondary school in the UK a new charity has urged. Too many pupils with symptoms of depression or anxiety are let down or ignored, claims charity MindFull. It has launched a new online counselling service to support and advise 11- to 17-year-olds. Read more here: www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-23195837 and www.mindfull.org

Replies

Emo Pictures - -FiFi-
-FiFi-
Jul 05 2013, 11:27 AM
this may help but then i know people do read symptoms of things and then think...hm... i think i have this disorder when they don't (i know i do it a little sometimes) so it may end up with more people ringing up talking about a possibility of a disorder. However, it would do good to inform people more about disorders and whatnot :)
Emo Pictures - Kate
Kate
Jul 05 2013, 12:18 PM
Good idea as it highlights awareness which is a good thing as it always more people access to the help they may need but on the flip side ..(we had these lessons taught in my school for 1 period per week ) the bullying / teasing for the people who are known to have the 'problems' often gets worse and for people like myself who stood out as idervidals ... further more it often occurred more frequently behind and out of the schools control and often worse than what it once was before
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jul 05 2013, 01:24 PM
Both good points. However I still feel it's a positive step rather than just not even approaching the subject. Also sites like this are a great way to share advice.
Emo Pictures - DizzyDotRocks
DizzyDotRocks
Jul 10 2013, 12:01 PM
I think these would be brilliant, and also, imo, it should be made compulsory for schools to offer a counselling service to those who need it. My school did offer a counselling service, but my grades were too high for me to be considered for it, which it bullshit imo.
LipsOfDeceit
Jul 14 2013, 03:55 PM
That would have been so helpful when I was in high school. I literally got treated like I was crazy because not even the teachers understood mental health. I think it's the same with a lot of people and it really doesn't help matters. Needless to say I didn't do very well in school and as far as I can tell when people (especially teachers) are not clued up on mental health issues it's going to make some sort of impact on people's education. Proper education on mental health issues would benefit everyone I think. :)

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More