Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

When you hear, temptation call, it's your heart that takes, takes the fall, Toy Soldiers, by Martika

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

shreeshree
A Question Jan 17 2014, 09:59 PM
I have a bit of an odd question... I've never really associated myself with the emo/scene/goth/alternative crowd...I enjoy the style (even though i cant follow it myself), i think thats about all I may have in common...but a big part of this is because of my race. Every person ive seen so far who claims to be part of the culture is white. I simply am not. So it just feels weird, i feel like it would be odd and really hard for me to partake in it at all, it just wouldnt work for me. And as much as ive enjoyed this site, i'm a little bit hesitant to be a bigger part of it, because of that very reason. Is this odd? Am i thinking wrong, or is there some legitimacy to what i feel?

Replies

Emo Pictures - Xolivia-von-sodomyX
Xolivia-von-sodomyX
Jan 17 2014, 11:47 PM
its not werid I get it I just have to do what feels right but if u feel the need to be a bigger part don't let that or other people hold u back. emo/punk/grunge/goth/scene or what ever is more than just a look its an adittude, a way of thinking, and a way of life and people that enjoy it come in all shapes, sizes, backgrounds, colors, ages, and genders its only stereotypical if u make it out to be. i know it can be hard but u gotta do what u feel is right and what makes u happy. for most of us wareing the clothing or lising to the music isn't a choice its something that we are drawn to because its what makes us feel right so in the end do what makes u feel right not what other people expect of u.
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jan 18 2014, 06:00 AM
^She said pretty much everything, but from owning the site I can tell you there still are a good number of non-white members on here if you look hard :)
shreeshree
Jan 18 2014, 08:36 AM
thanks, this does give me more confidence to go forth and explore the culture more :)
Emo Pictures - hiding_in_the_dark
hiding_in_the_dark
Jan 18 2014, 09:23 AM
I have a friend in California who claims to be in the Emo style. And he seriously looks a lot like you. Just with a different hair style! He follows the trend pretty well.
Emo Pictures - Xeno
Xeno
Jan 19 2014, 01:31 AM
Hello!! I'm yellow and Asian. Emo is defined by your lifestyle and attitude, colour does not determine it. (unless you are forced to follow certain traditions for different cultures)
Spinymouse
Jan 20 2014, 02:53 AM
In Germany and Norway, I have never seen an Emo with coloured skin but this might be because there are just not so many black people living here. I personally do not see any problems in being Emo and not being white. I mean, the style consists of clothes, hair etc and the most important thing is the lifestyle and philosophy. So just go ahead with it and do not worry about that! :)
Emo Pictures - thelastchapter
thelastchapter
Jan 30 2014, 12:49 PM
Emo is really about the music.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More