Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Hiding behind the shadows I'll be waiting in the dark To drive this blade straight through your heart I'll drag your body to the car As blood races down my arm I think everyone will wounder where you are (tonight) Ride The Wings Of Pestilence, by From First To Last

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

Emo Pictures - Kate
Kate
SIAD Feb 28 2014, 08:54 AM
As many may or may not be aware tomorrow the 1st march is SIAD. for all of you who support or don't know what SIAD is here is a quick run down.. SAID stands for self injury awareness day. it is a charity day organised to make people aware of self harm, shun the stereo types that are associated with it and Most Importantly tells/teaches people how to support someone who is going through self harm and supports/helps those struggling with it. And in return all you have to do is wear something orange, many draw butterflies on themselves in support of of the butterfly project as well. more info about the day can be found here : http://www.lifesigns.org.uk/siad/ I personally have this charity to thank along with my mates for helping and being their for me on every step of my journey to recovery. Self Harm is never a easy topic to talk about or a pleasant thing to go through, but it is important that those who are know they are not alone and shouldn't be ashamed of what they have done nor their scars and that help is there for them. on a side note if anyone wants any advice or tips on how to stop self harming feel free to drop me a PM and i'll do my best to help :) Stay Strong <3 x

Replies

Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Feb 28 2014, 11:53 AM
Great worthwhile charity day!
Emo Pictures - xXxChrisJWxXx
xXxChrisJWxXx
Mar 02 2014, 10:34 AM
I organised an awareness day on the 28th (as the 1st was a weekend) :)
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Mar 03 2014, 01:06 PM
^How'd it go?
Emo Pictures - xXxChrisJWxXx
xXxChrisJWxXx
Mar 04 2014, 03:47 PM
Not too bad, everyone who turned up really enjoyed it. The leafleting didn't go too well but it never does at uni...
Emo Pictures - Everything_is_Red
Everything_is_Red
Nov 23 2014, 02:06 PM
I know the day has passed but I thought that I should bump this post up, as it is still important to raise awareness

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More