Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

If you feel like running today You know I'd understand You don't, but you won't It's easier to give it away When, on the other hand, you know I'm not much better without you Damn Girlv, by All-American Rejects

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

That6metal6chick6
Do you actually enjoy being called emo? Jun 24 2014, 07:29 PM
When a person refers to you as an emo do you like it or do you despise it?

Replies

novasoulless100
Jun 24 2014, 09:17 PM
I don't mind, it's when they start making false accusations that the situation turns. I mean, how can they bash someone they know little or nothing about? That's when it's not too great. People who actually know what they're talking about,(the subculture itself), and legitimately know you are good to talk to though.
Emo Pictures - Undead_Nightmare
Undead_Nightmare
Jun 25 2014, 06:00 AM
The term "emo" makes me cringe a bit. If i am going to be stereotyped I'd prefer the term "alternative"
WarriorofYouth
Jun 25 2014, 10:10 AM
personally when ever I've been called ''emo'' it's been in a teasing or derogatory way, so I didn't really like it, but I wouldn't mind being called a rocker, alternative or metalhead etc.
mont7
Jun 25 2014, 06:40 PM
I kinda hate it too be honest, a lot of stereotypes go along with that word.
Eternalxox
Jun 25 2014, 09:45 PM
I don't care I actually love it it means I'm different and who cares if there's stereotypes to it that means there not all true and if ur emo embrace it and don't find hurt in being called it see it as a way to stand out I got made fun of for it till I stood up to them and then they never underestimated me a again so I take pride in it
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jun 26 2014, 05:50 AM
It doesn't bother me really.
BrokenPrincess
Jun 26 2014, 06:38 AM
It doesnt really bother me. Im proud of what i am Its When they start sterotyping about me or When they started refering me as emo ex. 'Hey emo' and All that but i dont really mind other then that
Spinymouse
Jul 08 2014, 01:01 PM
I am often called Emo, and yes, I am, so why should I bother?
Scissorsheart
Jul 08 2014, 01:07 PM
I don't bother. Unless the person refers to it in the negative way, i'm ok.
Emo Pictures - EdgeofHeaven
EdgeofHeaven
Jul 08 2014, 01:08 PM
I hate labels of any kind. I hate the name of this site. BUT to find those kind of people, whom have the same interests/music taste, I have to use the label. Its why I use this site. Cause the people here are similar to what Im interested in, if that made any sense cx
Emo Pictures - Kate
Kate
Jul 08 2014, 04:28 PM
Not fussed by it
Emo Pictures - BanemmaFace
BanemmaFace
Jul 23 2014, 12:12 PM
Don't care about the word, dislike the stereotypes. Literally at school, emo is "black hair, suicidal, self harming, mean" like wtf
Emo Pictures - Drew_GLea
Drew_GLea
Jul 23 2014, 12:49 PM
It's just a label, everyone has one and you just have to be proud of t, I'm proud to be call it but when most "non emo" people use it they think of the stereotype of cutter, depressed, anxiety, druggy teen 0.o
Emo Pictures - xXkeikoXx
xXkeikoXx
Jul 25 2014, 12:39 PM
i kinda hate it because whenever someone has called me that it was because of stereotypes I wouldn't really care if there weren't stereotypes
Emo Pictures - xXkeikoXx
xXkeikoXx
Jul 25 2014, 12:41 PM
i agree with EdgeofHeaven
Emo Pictures - MaximusStephonovich
MaximusStephonovich
Jul 27 2014, 07:09 AM
Oh come now, it is what you are. You all are EMO, ALL of you.
That6metal6chick6
Jul 27 2014, 02:47 PM
Theres a difference than being on a site to mert people similar to you than branding yourself wth useless labels. Seriously^^ if your just gonna troll why are you on here?
Emo Pictures - Alfrodo
Alfrodo
Jul 27 2014, 09:11 PM
It's a shame that when the word 'Emo' is used, the stereotype of self harm, suicide and such are almost always instantly connected. Many forget or fail to acknowledge that 'Emo' is essentially short for 'Emotional' Which doesn't just mean Sad or Depressed, it is Happiness, Love and all other emotions that everyone in the world experiences, and those who are labelled Emo tend to just be more open and upfront about emotions. Although that is probably all just my own opinion on the topic. Unfortunately wherever you go, whoever you meet, whatever you do; stereotypes and labels are everywhere, Emo being one of the most common, especially here in the UK (although i had a nice surprise the other day when someone called me a 'greebo' xD) I personally don't care if someone labels as emo, if thats how they see me then so be it, but i don't encourage labelling to anyone, i always say get to know me first or shut the f*ck up One thing that truly is an inconvenient truth is how the rest of our communities think that if you are "Emo" you worship satan, promote hate, are rude and unapproachable and cut yourself.
Emo Pictures - MaximusStephonovich
MaximusStephonovich
Jul 28 2014, 07:07 AM
"Seriously^^ if your just gonna troll why are you on here?" You are*
Emo Pictures - AziaFoxxFaze
AziaFoxxFaze
Aug 13 2014, 02:34 PM
I actually don't mind when my friends call meh a lil emo faggot because they say it with affection. I don't like it when I can hear the venom in some one's voice like it's suppose to be an insult.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More