Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Go to hell and tell the devil I'm not that far behind. Kick Me, by Sleeping With Sirens

Emo Forums » Emo Fashion (Reply)

That6metal6chick6
When people try to make you wear normal clothes Jul 04 2014, 04:40 PM
People who try to make you wear 'normal' clothes Ughh. Such as my mother. It's exausting, it really is. For all the times her conversations have revolved around my large boobs and how I "put them for show in bathing suits" (I'll have you know, I go to a specialized store for bathing suits smh), for all the times she said that's ugly or that looks bad on me, for all the times she's told me how gross face piercings are. Honestly, I have absolutely no clue how she doesn't see how bad this effects my eating disorders. Let me where what I want goddammit. Nobody asked for your opinion. Like I'm a makeup artist, I know what fashion is. It's not like I'm asking her to pay for piercings or hair dye, I'm just asking her to keep her opinions to herself! I mean like there's a good chance that I probably am dying...and she'll know my last years of her disapproving and trying to change the way I look.

Replies

Eternalxox
Jul 04 2014, 08:12 PM
I know the feeling it took a lot to let my mum let me buy dark ripped jeans, dark ripped Jean skirt, and black shoes today!
Emo Pictures - Undead_Nightmare
Undead_Nightmare
Jul 05 2014, 05:38 AM
My mum is okay with how I like to dress though as she doesn't like me in "normal" clothes anyway because she wants me to dress how I want and not how others want me to. The school, however, make you dress in normal clothes. I get really annoyed when the dress code says no denim or tee shirts or hoodies. And I get really fed up when people say that piercings are gross or tattoos make you look cheap. If that's how someone wants to look then I say let them! It doesn't affect anyone else! If someone is embarrassed to be seen with someone who dresses like this or gets distracted by a bit of metal then they're the one with the problem.
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Jul 05 2014, 05:59 AM
Your mum does need to keep her opinions to herself because she is totally wrong. I love your style :)
emo_is_what_I_am
Jul 05 2014, 09:21 AM
i know what you mean my mum always says dont you ever wear light or bright colours. you need to stop wearing dark colours she says but the thing is all she wears is black and grey so why is she moaning to me about how i dress. parents should really learn to keep their opinons to themselves.
neeewby
Jul 05 2014, 08:03 PM
I think you dress amazing, don't change anything
Emo Pictures - Emoyak
Emoyak
Jul 10 2014, 11:46 PM
My family is weird, we all dress like the Nightmare Before Christmas and my parents are decked out in tattoos. I now realize that I have the weird family, not the other way around
InsanelyMorbid
Jul 11 2014, 07:42 AM
Every time I go somewhere, my mom is always like "Oh, no, you're not going to be wearing that." And it's not like I'm wearing revealing clothes, so I mean, there's no harm. She kinda makes it seem like she's constantly ashamed of me and it's kinda of frustrating. Like, if we were to go to my grandparents house, my mom would be up my case and she would think it would make a bad impression on her if I were to wear all my band tees in front of my grandmother.
Emo Pictures - BanemmaFace
BanemmaFace
Jul 21 2014, 01:50 PM
My mom used to care SO much until she realized that 1. She couldn't do shit 2. We live in a kind of rich-ish area, so if she wanted me to dress "normal" she would have to buy me $40 hollister clothes, rather than $10 jeans and shirts from Target.
Scissorsheart
Jul 22 2014, 12:31 AM
That bothers me SOOOOOOO much. Especially when it's your own friend doing that. They are your friend, sure, but how the f*ck can the tell you what you can or can't wear? I mean, if they are a true friend, the they respect you for who you are
SophMae
Jul 22 2014, 08:51 AM
Don't listen to anyone who tells you how to dress! Whether that's more "alternative" fashion, short dresses or even hotpants and a bralet! Dress in whatever makes you comfortable.
Emo Pictures - MaximusStephonovich
MaximusStephonovich
Jul 27 2014, 07:25 AM
Well then, don't be normal about it.
Emo Pictures - emily_d
emily_d
Jul 29 2014, 12:48 PM
My friends and family do that exact thing. Honestly it's fucking annoying.
Emo Pictures - xChasingRainbowsx
xChasingRainbowsx
Jul 29 2014, 03:57 PM
Don't change, keep being yourself. I do that also. I tried to dress normal for a while, but it disnt work out that good , and i dont think it would if you also did. So just keep being yourself and dont listen to anyone else !
Emo Pictures - Dannypeters
Dannypeters
Jul 30 2014, 04:48 PM
dont boher me :3
Xx1belle6xX
Aug 31 2014, 08:23 PM
omg that happens like everyday of my life!! my mom is the worst. shes always trying to control me,what i do, my friends, music, clothes, everything. she even threw away my black nail polish. she hates my hair. all the time she tells me to grow it out and to dye it a lighter color, like brown. well i was born with black hair so she can get over it. and i cut my own hair anyways. and like everytime i wear make up shes like "wipe that stuff off.you got it too dark." and she makes these rude comments like "i'm not gonna have my daughter be like of one of those kids." one time at a resturant we saw a family there and the dad had a blue mohawk and my mom and step-shit were going on about how he's a bad father for looking like that and the mom had purple hair. and one time she saw my old boyfriend while we were still dating, and she saw that he had snake bites and blocked his phone number and deleted every picture i had of him and e-mails, numbers, kik. i drew a pic of andy biersack and she threw it away cause he was wearing eyeliner and "too much" black. and everytime we go shopping she's like "you need to wear more colors than just black." so i asked her "what if i wanted to wear red all the time,would you let me?" "yes" "but what about black?" "no" "but its the same. its just a color." "no its not the same" ....blah blah blah. im not even allowed to shop at hottopic anymore. and one time i got grounded for wanting to go into hottopic and buy a red plaid skirt. i had to sneak with my nana to hottopic yesterday. Only three people in my fam doesnt care what i wear, my nana and aunt angelica and my dad, but my parents are divorced and i only see my dad like for birth days and christmas. the worst is my aunt tammy. all i said one day was that my friend hally got a nose peircing and she goes all"your fried is stupid. she is a freak for doing that. she's going stright to hell." and everytime i go see fam, i'm not allowed to wear band shirts or black. i wore my bvb shirt over to my grandma's house and now i'm not allowed to listen to them any more. i cant wait to move out. get some tattoos, piercings, and dye my hair blue. sorry about the rant.it just pisses me off sooo much!
Emo Pictures - Naito
Naito
Oct 17 2014, 04:26 PM
my parents r like tht 2 they wnt to control what i were and do its horrendus cnt they jst exept me
Emo Pictures - Adepressedbluesoul
Adepressedbluesoul
Nov 02 2014, 02:14 AM
ugh T-T ikr :') i don't even care

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More