Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

In the fields the bodies burning As the war machine keeps turning Death and hatred to mankind Poisoning their brainwashed minds... Oh Lord yeah! War Pigs, by Black Sabbath

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

Emo Pictures - emo_charlie
emo_charlie
When people don't get it... Nov 06 2014, 04:58 AM
I am having some trouble with my family - last month there was a family do and I camein a wwhite top, my black and red coat, blue jeans, black shoes plus black nail polish and black eye liner and my aunt stared at my eyes (not in a subtle way at all!!) & said "next time I should do your make up, it's too dark" - does anyone else have problems with family etc and how do you deal with it?

Replies

Emo Pictures - xChasingRainbowsx
xChasingRainbowsx
Nov 06 2014, 12:28 PM
I used to have those a lot. But now im the '' emo style '' for almost 2 years and they are starting to accept it. Just wait and ignore it, they are your family, they will never hate you for your looks :)
Emo Pictures - hiding_in_the_dark
hiding_in_the_dark
Nov 06 2014, 03:01 PM
They aren't really going to get better at it unless you have a good adjusting family. Mine still don't like it and i've dressed emo/scene ish for awhile. They pretty much just put up with it at this point.
Nov 06 2014, 04:12 PM
If no-one every accepts you why would that bother you? why do you care? do you dress a particular way to get attention? no. do you act that way to please other people? no. you dress and act like this because its is you, it makes you feel free and comfortable and yes that means for the rest of your life people will look at you differently. but that helps seperate the real friends from the pretenders, if your family loves you they wont care how you look or how you act, let them adjust at their own pace and if they don't, don't worry about it, its your life, live it how you want to. xxx BlackPoppyEnvyxxx
Emo Pictures - Naito
Naito
Nov 06 2014, 06:29 PM
My parents Still wont exept me either i cnt even do the look i tried they cut my hair in my sleep
Nov 07 2014, 05:30 AM
My friends do that to me all the time. I lost my popularity, and almost all of my friends. I have two friends that really except me and that is everything that I have. My dad doesn't understand why I wear makeup even though I'm not allowed but I still don't want to tell him about me being who I want to be. I wrote this one story about me being emo for a writing piece that I needed to turn in for a grade and even my teacher for at that time a knew her a month understands it more. What do I do?
xXEmotionlessD3MONxX
Nov 11 2014, 03:04 PM
Ignorant people will never understand us if theirs fake emos on this web and their causing trouble read this What is emo: Emo started in the 80s and the 90s it started from punk then it turned to emotional punk to emotional hardcore its a more melodic punk the name it is now is emo-core Metalcore no being emo didn't mean that your depressed ok everyone can get fucking depressed and at stages we all have faced it and all emos cut right WRONG not all emos cut that's so stereotypical. Normal pop prep people cut anyone can cut cutting is a mental disorder. Emo doesn't stand for emotional it's emo-core and that's a music genre emos like to wear skinny jeans and were like any other person we support out bands wearing band Tee, going to shows and having a fk good time us emos don't worship the devil smoke and sex drugs their all stereotypical crap that haters and judges come up with we emos are open minded we keep our buisness to ourselfs we don't go to a person and judge say crap about them we don't hurt anybody if theirs any emos like me you'll understand that I hate the society why you wonder it's because everyone I know everywhere I look hear theirs people fighting people that call each other "friends" turning against each other everyone acts cool and their you have a knife dug in your back everybody is 2 faced and right now society is bull crap like seriously its just full of Chavs and judgemental preps in the local community I'm the only emo in the community everyday I get offended by stupid stereotypical jokes against us emos Once more us emos listen to what we like we wear what we want to express ourselfs go to shows support our bands
Emo Pictures - Undead_Nightmare
Undead_Nightmare
Nov 11 2014, 04:14 PM
I'm quite lucky and have an accepting family. My brother used to say I was embarrassing because of the way I dress but it's alright since he matured a bit and realised that it's not cool to say that about your own sister. Just do what you feel comfortable with, screw other people's opinions, you don't do it to impress them.
Emo Pictures - xxxoutcast_lifexx
xxxoutcast_lifexx
Nov 14 2014, 12:42 PM
My family are quite accepting of my style, however i'm not sure my mum likes her black eyeliner being stolen. :')I feel like my class have started to become aweear of my change of style. My true friends are a bit 50/50 over if they like it or not but as long as we still remain close that's all that matters. My friend is a goth so she understands me a bit more however she thinks emo is all about suicide. I will try to explain it to her. I do feel like less people like me, but oh well, they were just classmates in the first place not true friends so they don't really matter to me.
Emo Pictures - xxxoutcast_lifexx
xxxoutcast_lifexx
Nov 14 2014, 12:46 PM
I completely agree! It's a way of being different and not following what society tells you to do.
Xx1belle6xX
Nov 22 2014, 12:20 PM
Every time we go somewhere, my mom has to look me over and if something is too dark like my make up, then she'll make me redo it. it really pisses me off. I wish i could be who i want to be and my mom to stop forcing me to be what she wants, akka a normal christian girl who is exactly like her
Emo Pictures - Everything_is_Red
Everything_is_Red
Nov 25 2014, 03:18 PM
Yeah, my family used to constantly complain about my 'panda eyes.' I think they're used to it now.
Emo Pictures - emo_charlie
emo_charlie
Nov 29 2014, 03:05 AM
Thanks for all the comments everyone - I think my mum wants me to be like her - get a husband, have kids and be the typical good Christian woman. And everyone in that church judges everyone else anyway but mostly me! I mean, I've not committed any sins yet somehow I'm seen as bad for dressing in male clothing and having short hair...

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More