Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Just when it can't get worse I had a shit day. No! Have u had a shit day? No! We've had a shit day. No! I think that life's too short for this. Want back my ignorance and bliss. I think I had enough of dis. Blow me one last kiss Blow Me one Last Kiss, by PINK

Emo Forums » Emo Fashion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - AliceHeartnet
AliceHeartnet
Is Emo Fashion Right now Really "Emo"?? Nov 15 2014, 12:21 PM
I've done some research about the early emo bands and doesn't seem like current emo fashion is really the "original" emo... I'm also familiar with Japanese visual-kei rock scene and their styles somehow look more alike with this current emo fashion or so does gay fashion (I love how gay guys dress. They dress the best). Well, culture is not a fixed thing, it is rather a flowing thing and evolves. I'm cool with it :)

Replies

Emo Pictures - xxxoutcast_lifexx
xxxoutcast_lifexx
Nov 16 2014, 05:30 AM
I think the emo fashion has changed over the years to be more "mainstream" eg.skinny jeans and studded belts. However i do think the way "emos" wear and interpret it is different from preps so you could tell them apart. After all it is about expressing how you feel and the music you love through fashion. I do think emo fashion still exists but some elements of it can be found in stores that anyone could shop in.
Spinymouse
Nov 16 2014, 08:45 AM
There was a change. The early Emo bands in the 90's looked very different to those of the 2000's. At around 2008, Emo fashion went back to being a bit less flashy, a bit more like the original. Though I am still absolutely 2006. :D
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Nov 17 2014, 02:17 PM
It's more colourful than it was 5/10 years ago. Outsiders have become more accepting of the fashion, those into the fashion have become more expressive and it's evolved significantly. Gone are the days of pretty much all black. I feel it was more closely related to the goth sub-culture 5-10 years ago in terms of fashion, but not anymore.
xsensesxalesanax
May 15 2015, 05:22 PM
Idk why but I find modern 2015 emo kind of dullard more scene like everything was brought from a mall like 2005 Emo looks more messy and more dark if you know what I mean

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More