Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

xdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdddddd <3 soemo.co.uk, by ME

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

Emo Pictures - XxBloodyRosexX
XxBloodyRosexX
Stereotyping Dec 01 2014, 06:43 PM
What stereotypes bother you the most from people who judge you? All stereotypes are annoying but what one really bothers you, like makes you crazy? Mine is that because we dress a certain way or listen to certain music everyone thinks we are all depressed, all the time. The opposite is true for me though I'm a super positive person :3

Replies

Emo Pictures - XxXKingForADayXxX
XxXKingForADayXxX
Dec 01 2014, 06:49 PM
Well mine is when people act differently and look differently. They make fun of the other and call them gay or emo or stuff like that. That's what truthfully annoys me about stereotypes
Emo Pictures - Autumn_rose
Autumn_rose
Dec 02 2014, 12:37 AM
people call me lesbian, or 'lizzbian' as a nick name, it's stupid that people would actually take the time to do thing likes that. i just don't listen
Emo Pictures - xxxoutcast_lifexx
xxxoutcast_lifexx
Dec 02 2014, 12:58 PM
Someone asked me if i worship the devil. "YEAH OMG i'm gonna come to your house and curse you with satans evil spirit" This isn't a stereotype but people confuse me with goth, not because of how i dress. But because i listen to rock music. Oh and they ask me why i'm not vegeterian.
Emo Pictures - Kate
Kate
Dec 02 2014, 02:08 PM
people saying all alternative people especially the emo and the varying forms of the gothic subculture, should have dark or black hair ..not my blonde ! XD
Emo Pictures - DarknessInside
DarknessInside
May 15 2015, 02:54 AM
It's just people being judgemental. We are all so interesting inside. That sometimes, people can only see what we look like. If people took time to look inside, they would so that we are beautiful.
Xx1belle6xX
May 15 2015, 09:22 AM
mine is that we are satanic and cut ourselves
Emo Pictures - Undead_Nightmare
Undead_Nightmare
May 15 2015, 03:48 PM
the one that we worship satan used to really annoy me. Became funny when a teacher thought me the guy sitting in front of me in class was cursing him with satanic symbols xD we were really just writing notes in code he made up haha. I don't like the stereotype that alternative people are all psychos/weirdos/depressed and cut themselves. That's the one that really annoys me these days.
Emo Pictures - Emo_chick_hu
Emo_chick_hu
Jun 14 2015, 03:55 PM
We're all depressed people who lies ten to rock music and cut our selfs or that we refuse to face the reality of the world and get over ourselfs and stop over reacting and being depressed. Like Its not a choice for me to be depressed and I know what reality is and I face it everyday
LittleWitch
Apr 15 2018, 05:34 AM
Mine was usually about that fact that I am pansexual, so in middle school people would often refer to me as a sexual deviant. So like people would tease me that I would “stare at them while they change” in the gym locker room which was just... ugh very irritating.
U53PH
Apr 17 2018, 10:41 AM
My closest friends replying to me when i told them I am emo by: OMFG BRO EMO is for depressed suicidal autistic insecure idiots who only see in black and white (even after i explained to them what it really is) *left them after that convo* Also, the same ex-closest friends acting like they are vomiting when they agreed to "test listen" the stuff in my AMAZING music library" (you can check it out on my profile)
Emo Pictures - Undercover_Hoe
Undercover_Hoe
Apr 23 2018, 04:33 AM
some people think my style means I'm kinky :\ like that goth chicks are all dommes or something
Luna_Moon
May 22 2018, 01:05 PM
I have been told that I'm not emo because I didn't have cuts over my arms and I was blonde or my personality is too bubbly and happy. I can't believe that people would even consider that many emos you see are a lot like me. I've seen it. And I'm sick of the stereotypical "emo kids" who wear all black and cut and worship the devil. Hell, I'd love to wear all black if I could. I would so do that. But sometimes the worst stereotypes come from family.
Emo Pictures - Ghost_of_Silence
Ghost_of_Silence
Mar 10 2020, 07:00 PM
I would sometimes hear call me a school shooter or satan worshiper, people even accused me of sacrificing babies when I didnt leave my dorm for a few days. when in reality i was wasting time watching anime and journaling. funny how university, the place i was told was accepting of others and free of all judgement, somehow managed to judge me the most just for the way I looked.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More