Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

You rip my heart right out.You rip my heart right out. If you still care at all, don't go, tell me now. If you love me at all, don't call. Your House, by Jimmy Eat World

Emo Forums » Help And Advice (Reply)

XxxEmoRazorxxX
I don't know what to do anymore Jan 09 2015, 12:34 PM
I'm a cutter and I don't know how to stop! And i'm trying to stop cutting and stay away from my eating disorders and it's not working! I've been cutting since I was 12 and i'm 14 now. Old habits die hard. Any advice whatsoever is greatly appreciated!

Replies

Emo Pictures - Everything_is_Red
Everything_is_Red
Jan 09 2015, 02:48 PM
Im having the same problems :/ Ive stopped self harming but my ed has come back :/
Emo Pictures - Kate
Kate
Jan 09 2015, 05:23 PM
unfortunately both of the things are tied, especially when you feel a loss of control in your surrounds/life. ^ to the both of you you can beat them both! i'm in the same situation (have been for many yrs) and i'm well into my recovery for both so it is possible :) not saying it's easy but it is so worth it ! this (click here for link ,applies to all bold text on this relpy) is a topic i wrote awhile about SH and techniques i found to help stop/reduce selfharm but use the site's search bar and type in key words as there are some good self help topics here as well as on google/ the web. butter fly project some useful techniques in the comments and video my help as for ED's (using as a umbrella term to cover them all) these are some basic principles that may work for you, personally i found some of them did others didn't as much.. set alarms to remind yourself to eat and stick to them. even if it's something like a piece of fruit or something, take time out from what you were doing and take some energy on board, not easy at ist but i helps create a routine and you can gradually increase intake or whatever you need to do to improve your disorder. As for binges. Through all foods your likely to binge on out and dont buy them in the next food shop, yes binges will happen now and then but comeing out of them positively rather than beating yourself up over a slip up in progress , makes them more bearable. also learn when you feel like you're about to binge and avoid places where you'd usally go, ie bathrooms, kitchen etc and do something productive that require you too use your hands and mind. ie draw, dance to upbeat music, game , go for a run etc anything to get yourself and your mind away from the area. as you both know after a while you can distract your mind away from things if you do them long enough. heres some links and sites i've been using/found during my recovery: Bulimia help The help guide.org Beat (a site i now work closely with and found very helpful!) online self help community information links Mind.org (great site for any issues related to mental health inc SH and Anxiety) Student minds- ED recovery the support line.org (loads of useful links and info all in one place) Seed (a ED self help site,lots of info and techniques ) ^ i hope this is of some help to you and apologies for the length of this post If you want to talk or want some more advice etc feel free to PM me anytime :)
Raerae
Jan 09 2015, 07:40 PM
I find that drawing on the place I want to cut with red pen helps. Flicking elastic bands at yourself is another common way of coping with self-harm urges. And some people press ice cubes on the area. Distracting yourself is one of the best things you can do. :)
Emo Pictures - EyeWings
EyeWings
Jan 09 2015, 08:25 PM
I think that Kate has given you some fantastic advice there,I hope things improve for you! It can seem impossible at the time, but just taking small steps to recovery is the main thing. Best Wishes. :)
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Mar 22 2021, 09:31 AM
Rehab 4 Addiction - a free helpline for people experiencing from drug and alcohol addiction in London. Rehab 4 Addiction is a free helpline brought to you by people who are themselves in recovery from addiction. https://www.rehab4addiction.co.uk/

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More