Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Cause if you jump, I will jump too. We will fall together, from the building's ledge. Never looking back at what we've done, we'll say it was love. Cause I would die for you. On Skyway Avenue. Skyway Avenue, by We The Kings

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

Emo Pictures - DaRk_CaRniVal
DaRk_CaRniVal
Do your parents agree with the "emo culture"? Oct 26 2015, 06:17 PM
So, I've pretty much put together that my parents dont really agree with it. They say that 'they' look weird. They dont like the hair styles, or the fact that they wear all black.. Even though not all do. To be honest, they only just agree with gays/lesbians ._. That's one of my pet hates.. Hate against LGBT (?). I can only just about persuade my mother to buy me a pair of black skinny jeans without her thinking I've gone wrong in the head >.< So, does anyone else's parents disagree with the 'emo culture'?

Replies

Emo Pictures - XxHe
XxHe
Jun 12 2016, 12:50 AM
My mom and my step dad are both against the "emo culture". My mom wouldn't get me any of the clothes I really wanted and my step dad wouldnt let me have the hairstyles I wanted. They wouldn't even let me do anything fun with my hair. But my dad and stepmom are more accepting of it. They will actual let me do the things I wanted. Though they still won't let me get the spider bites I wanted.
Emo Pictures - PurpleFire
PurpleFire
Aug 19 2016, 04:27 PM
My mum fully accepts me, but people I consider 'extended family' (as I used to be Mormon) have judged me for it. One even told my mum to "give her 3 months and she'll change her mind." 3 months have passed and nothing has changed. Then another assumed I was Emo because I was being labelled it at school or by society. Both occasions, I was in the room. Once they said that I stormed straight up to my room and wanted to be left alone. My mum is accepting, my extended family? I don't honestly think they do.
Thundertheemo
Oct 30 2016, 12:49 AM
My parents don't like it but I don't care what they think so I dress however I want
siila
Dec 07 2016, 12:22 AM
not trying to be stereotypical, but my mom seriously doesn't get it. she acts like it doesn't exist and just kinda give me odd looks when they see what i wear, but who really cares ;l
Emo Pictures - seth_scolex
seth_scolex
Dec 07 2016, 12:48 AM
^mine does this and i'm 23 no one cares and neither should i care about her opinions.. but i just can't help it, so pathetic uwu
metalX
Dec 07 2016, 02:49 PM
Greeks say: If u give a diamont 2 a pig, it's gonna be eaten. So if u believe that your parents don't want 2 know who u r, just let them believe anything they want, n don't talk 2 them about this.
GhostGirl666
Jan 24 2017, 07:07 PM
mine does...
StellarSkater
Apr 24 2017, 02:41 AM
I proved i was an emo only for the color black and white and she doesnt like my music i made when i was bored but i'm still stuck on the part to relate bond and debate against my intoxication with her trying to make her feel proud.. maybe its there i cant see it. every argument we have i show i love her after but its probably not working.. in a way i feel lost just as much as she is with me. T_T x_x
Emo Pictures - Despair
Despair
Jun 17 2017, 05:36 PM
No... just no
Emo Pictures - Anarchy_Rulz
Anarchy_Rulz
Jul 23 2017, 07:06 AM
My dad does because he used to be goth and got me into rock and metal at a young age but my mother on the other hand disagrees on the all black and the hair and me labeling myself however is ok with the music
cupidstunt
Aug 11 2017, 10:16 PM
Well mom doesn't get it and thinks all emos whine, and look/act weird etc.
Emo Pictures - XxLucky_13xX
XxLucky_13xX
Aug 12 2017, 02:10 AM
Absolutely not. They hate it.
LittleWitch
Mar 17 2018, 04:19 AM
My dad was apart of the alternative scene back in the day, for his high school years. So when I started to get into the music, as well as venturing into other genres of music, he was literally all for it. My mom took a little longer to accept it but once she did she helped me buy clothing and such. :3
Isabella
Jun 22 2018, 09:59 PM
They don't understand me at all..
EmoKing96
Jul 30 2018, 01:04 AM
My parents are ok with the me wearing dark colors often. In fact, my Dad wears all black most of the time since the Mid 90's... The music? They like soft Rock, but not the loud, angry stuff. Emo hair? My Dad's all for it, but my Mom doesn't like the sound of me getting my hair like the Beatles... Both of my parents wish I'd get a short, generic haircut. Anyway, I'm not gonna get my desired emo hairstyle yet until I get a steady income... You see, I'm black in real life and we don't have naturally straight hair, which means I'd need plenty of money to get my hair chemically straightened in the style of early Justin Bieber, and to maintain it with various products... My inspiration is the emo black guy in the blue shirt on YouTube. (The black Sasuke hair tutorial video)
emohunter42
Jul 31 2018, 09:35 AM
do you know why you all have such silly haircuts.... i would cover up my face to if i looked like you people!!!
emohunter42
Jul 31 2018, 09:36 AM
your parents are in morning dude... you have been dead to them for years!!!
EmoKing96
Jul 31 2018, 04:04 PM
@emohunter42: lol... Get a life, 35 year old troll. You're not even good at trolling this site 'cause no one will take you seriously.
emohunter42
Aug 01 2018, 01:19 PM
yo emoking! i dont have to be good, you all already a joke! whats wrong with your moms ovaries that you came out such a disappointment?
EmoKing96
Aug 01 2018, 01:24 PM
@emohunter42: The joke here is you because you created an account just to cyberbully everyone, but you fail at it. If I were your parent, I'd be disappointed in you just for that.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More