Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Small, simple, safe price Rise the wake and carry me with all of my regrets I'm A Fake, by The Used

Emo Forums » Help And Advice (Reply)

Emo Pictures - DaRk_CaRniVal
DaRk_CaRniVal
Will becoming popular make life better? Jun 13 2016, 10:26 PM
I understand people have problems. I understand that people are self-conscious of themselves. It not as if I'm not the worlds most confidence people (and tbh, I'm far from that). I'm sure that many people have had their ups and downs. It cant be helped; life isn't gonna make itself easier. But I feel that many people believe that, besides hurting themselves, the only way of making things better is by becoming "popular". Even then, they're starving themselves to become thin; they're caking themselves in make up to look prettier. And I'm not sure if its just me, and I'm going crazy, or does becoming popular actually make our lives easier. Because, its gonna sound horrible, but I quite dislike (not saying hate.. Yet) popular people. Maybe its because I've never actually met a single popular person in rl that's generally nice and isn't fake and hasn't f***ed half the school. So... Idek.

Replies

Emo Pictures - ILikeRain
ILikeRain
Jun 13 2016, 11:37 PM
Well there are many types of popular people whether it's their looks or play a specific role so it's not all about hurting and starving yourself.
deathxxx
Jun 15 2016, 01:12 PM
i don't personally think life will get that much easier, even if you become popular you have to do something for it as you said, starve yourself, but even if you would become popular without doing anything, many popular people have a lot of people hating them and as you don't like popular people someone will always without question dislike you simply because you are popular, that is the human way of life. sry but i have to mention that in buddhism this is called samsara, it means eternal cycle and it represents that there will always be pain and pain is universal. Sry for bringing in religion if you don't fancy buddhism
Emo Pictures - DaRk_CaRniVal
DaRk_CaRniVal
Jun 15 2016, 03:42 PM
^its okay, I dont mind religion in that way. Its just when people start saying "God did this and that". I dont believe that there is a God, personally.
deathxxx
Jun 15 2016, 08:21 PM
yeah, i totally agree v.v
Goodbyeworldimdone
Oct 16 2016, 10:02 PM
popularity can be defined in different ways.. theres popular people who are known for having affairs with many guys, popular people who are athletic, popular smart people, popular annoying/despised people, the typical mean girls, the popular people by association.. there's different popular subgroups in my opinion.. but the point is, if you think it's easier to be popular, its not. why? because you would be faking it all. you would be pressured to act a certain way, talk in a certain way, be someone you're not in a certain way. just be you.
Emo Pictures - mystic_shadow
mystic_shadow
Dec 29 2016, 06:43 AM
To be honest once you graduate high school it doesn't matter. The people who you thought were your friends either drop you out right out of jealousy or replace you. This isn't the case for all but that's like a 99.9% chance. I was popular, smart and everyone liked me, but I also took a lot of flak for liking certain things until someone else who was popular than me said it was cool. When I refused to help them cheat on a test is when they decided to make me an outcast and that was probably the best thing to happen to me. I found friends that actually like me. In a sense I'm "popular" to my friends now just because we talk, plan trips and stuff but they made me see how cool I was for me.
metalX
Dec 31 2016, 12:33 AM
Kurt Cobain was popular, but he was sad. Popularity wasn't good 4 him. I remember him n his death a lot of times. If u become popular, u can't go back.
Emo Pictures - ICameHereToLearn
ICameHereToLearn
Jul 22 2017, 01:34 AM
I don't think being popular helps much in any sense really. I mean sure, you get tons of friends, but at what cost? One true friend is way better than having ten fake ones. And even if all your friends aren't fake, they tend to cause a lot of drama, just because they're popular, and want the attention. Now of course, I'm an attention hoe, so I do some dramatic things occasionally, but it's usually super funny. But the type of drama the popular kids create is the kind you save for ya mama, cuz no one needs it. And not to mention, it doesn't really help you advance academically at all, I mean they're not going to let you into college because you have tons of followers on your insta. I know what you mean when you say they're isn't a lot of popular people who aren't really mean ( especially to us geeks and nerds,....sometimes unintentionally, but seriously...rude ) and it is true, they're aren't. I'd rather be true to myself and be at the brottom of the social hierarchy in school, then be at the top and be petty and fake. So if you're looking for a better life ( without all that religion stuff ) just be true to who you are, be kind, and people will like you. And if they don't, well then the let them be rude. Screw them.
cupidstunt
Jul 29 2017, 08:55 PM
Ah I could never be popular due to having social anxiety and aspergers syndrome. However I do like to be the centre of attention/show off amongst good friends and have good laughs with them. I normally do that by being really akwardly random and funny, and enteraining!!! However if I don't know the person really well, I will be very shy and nervous around them.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More