Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

teenage dreams in a teenage circus. runnin around like a clown on purpose. Who gives a damn bout the family u come from. no givin up when ur young and u want some We Are Golden, by MIKA

Emo Forums » Emo Fashion (Reply)

Thundertheemo
I look stupid help Oct 31 2016, 09:42 PM
Ok then so I this is a 2 point question the first is some advice on good emo brands the second is in how I get my mom to let me wear emo clothes

Replies

Emo Pictures - hiding_in_the_dark
hiding_in_the_dark
Oct 31 2016, 11:54 PM
Just start slowly transitioning your wardrobe. Start by getting t-shirts, get black / dark jeans, then possibly converse or vans. If not just go for basic shoes. Once you've got that start trying to get rings, bracelets and the hair style you want
Memoryland
May 04 2018, 11:29 AM
To stay thematic I recommend you to listen to " mom jeans "
LittleWitch
May 16 2018, 06:01 AM
When I first wanted to buy a band T shirt, I ventured into HotTopic, and I had to drop hints every once in a while to signal to my mom that I was shaping my own style. It’s all about the stages of growing up and developing your own sense of clothing and accessories. I would highly recommend maybe shopping online, like Rebels Market. Or even going to your local HotTopic or Spencer’s ^^
Emo Pictures - nostalgiac-pigeon
nostalgiac-pigeon
May 20 2018, 02:35 AM
When you're young, it's understandable that it's difficult. But an emo wardrobe, or any for that matter, takes a lot of time. In my opinion, it's often better to buy clothes one by one because people tend to get more attached to em or remember them that way. Sometimes, buying clothes all at once makes you forget certain pieces. If you can buy things online, it's a bit easier. If not, BoxLunch is a place that doesn't look so Hot Topic/Spencers but sells a lot of the similar stuff. I don't think there's any emo brands in general except for a few shops online. Little Black Cherry caters a lot to scene/emo. Anyway yeah, I'd just get things slowly. Your mom will probably won't think of it much if you try to buy, say, a black shirt with a pretty normal looking graphic on it. Doesn't even have to be black, it could be anything with that emo vibe to it. Jeans are pretty easy to get away with generally imo. You just gotta get a pair of black jeans or something that matches, doesn't have to be skinny. In the end, when parents don't let you dress a certain way, it's just generally difficult. If your mom is more lenient, then maybe slowly transitioning to this wardrobe won't make her freak out so much. If she's stricter like my parents were, it's gonna be rough imo. (But that's from my experience, I'm older now so my parents don't really care how I dress like.) So, good luck! I hope your mom is more of the lenient type.
Emo Pictures - sique-seshomaru
sique-seshomaru
May 21 2018, 05:48 PM
hiding_in_the_dark and nostalgic-pigeon have some great advice tbh~. maybe try explaining to your mom that any fashion choice is a way of expressing yourself, it can even go so far as to be an artistic and creative thing with makeup and eclectic styles etc. there's a chance she just doesn't understand it and thinks it reflects some kind of satanic cultural shift (it's hard for me to say, I don't know your mom) so maybe just focus on trying to get her to gently accept that it doesn't have to mean that, it can just be as simple as liking the way a style looks, much like how she'd choose a certain hairstyle or prefer the cut of one dress to another. my FAVOURITE brand is Cupcake Cult, though their stuff leans to the eccentric side of emo/scene so it might be a bit in-your-face for a transition brand.
Emo Pictures - The_emo_Trans_Person
The_emo_Trans_Person
Nov 20 2018, 02:31 AM
Two words Hot Topic
EmoKing96
Nov 21 2018, 03:14 AM
^ lol... What do you know about the OG emo style, you were born in '05. Hot Topic is barely even emo anymore, not since 2011 when you were in Kindergarten... Forget department stores, ebay has all the specifics.
Emo Pictures - ItachiUchiha
ItachiUchiha
Jan 02 2019, 01:16 PM
Why don't you look at emo clothes online, how band members dress, to get an idea and make your own emo clothes? What's even better, they're yours, you created them, and their unique one of a kind; like you.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More