Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

If i could only say what you want to hear, would i be aloud to speak? Always, by We As Monsters

Emo Forums » Emo Poetry (Reply)

XxLucidScreamingX
My Melancholic Puzzle Nov 16 2016, 03:15 PM
A blazing sun pierces my hat An inexorable heat Rivaled only by The bumpy camel I am perched upon Galumphing through the sandy Mexican desert I have dreamed of the emerald hills of Ireland Home to my flesh and blood And longed for another glimpse At the eiffel tower Looming above my forefathers A daunting memento Of blood spilt long ago I have struggled up a rocky mountain path To be rewarded with A view Of a field of flowers Swaying in the wind Like a serene field of gold I have admired the look Of a wet bright brush stroke On a blank sheet of crisp paper And adorned countless others With a medley of colorful hues Gazing up at a mangrove canopy I see the yellow eyes of an iguana Staring back at me And down into a shallow lagoon That seems to contain the many stars In our peculiar world A tidal wave of fear suffocates me As I am sped to the hospital Through hammering sleet Trembling and cowering at the thought Of what would become of me Collapsing from exhaustion I bury my face into a mass of soft, multicolored fur That calms and help me forget The now towering pile of work That has yet to be done I stand by the rejects Kicked to the curb by a cruel society Wishing to never grow up And become a robot whose only mission Is to serve our dysfunctional government I have witnessed the life of loved ones Slip away As if dry sand through my Loose Outstretched Fingers I chance a peek at a Magazine cover And no later do I see doll Once human, now flaunts Silicone and plastic And her too-perfect mouth seems to say; “Look up to me. Admire me. Be like me” As if beauty defined class Gray eyes help me lift the veil Distracting us from our dystopian world What once seemed a simple game I now see is a puzzle That has yet to be completed

Replies

No replies here yet :O

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More