1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Knowing nothing is better than knowing it all On My Own, by The Used

Emo Forums » Emo Fashion (Reply)

LipsOfDeceit
Hair colour & age... Dec 15 2016, 06:30 PM
Recently a family member who I haven seen for many years made a comment about people not "growing out" of the colourful hair dye "stage" so I was just wondering what others think of colourful hair as you get older? In this case this guy was referring to people 20+ And was probably directed at me a bit too (I usually dye my hair but I'm struggling to find a job and unfortunetly these things matter and you could say I'm quite old haha!) so what do you think? Do you think there is an age when you should "grow out" of colourful hair?

Replies

metalX
Dec 16 2016, 06:34 PM
It's not the hair. It's the character. So if anyone believes that u r good enough, then he must hire u.
xXThatOneEmoGirlXx
Dec 21 2016, 06:45 AM
i dont believe you can grow out of it much but at times you'll get tired of re dying it the same color so you stop. but you do what you want you can dye your hair varieties of colors dont let anyone stop you and many jobs hire ppl with colored hair i mean its awesome it brings more attraction to their store then yes. but dont worry about it. you be you and if you love to dye your hair then do it :3 ^~^ hope i helped atleast abit~<3
Emo Pictures - Kate
Kate
Dec 21 2016, 09:13 PM
I've been dying my hair whacky colors afew years now and it is harder to find jobs in some corporate industries with set hair colors..it's a shame it's not personality/skills before hair. however as you grow up you learn it's not about breaking "work" rules but learning how to bend them.. ie wear colorful wigs when not a work, dye it a non natural but "natural" color eg dark plum/ navy blue/ deep red
Emo Pictures - seth_scolex
seth_scolex
Jan 10 2017, 11:54 PM
the generation that my parents belong to, lets say born in the 60ies do believe you'll grow out of the "crazy hair" and "dressing weird". but i can't wait to be old and grey haired so that all the crazy colors will take on perfectly :D
Emo Pictures - ThanatosBovet
ThanatosBovet
Jan 25 2017, 06:10 PM
I think every person has the choice to decide for themselves what they like and it itsn-t up to anyone else to say you are to old to like dying your hair. If you do it for a job it should be your decision i found work my hair is accepted with because i like dying my hair even tho i'm 22
Athargia
Jun 24 2017, 05:34 AM
My grandfather had a small go at me for having my hair bleached last month, even though it was short and I looked like a typical hipster muppet (im job hunting atm so gotta keep it short and normal-ish) I got kind of mad and snapped back because I've been soooo many colours over the years, red, blue, black, purple, you name it I had it, you'd think a clean cut, bleach blonde would be okay, but no. I just think people don't get it, older people, I understand why they don't get it, they grew up in a time where changing your hair color was only for the rich and the famous, everyone else had to work 20 jobs just to buy bread at the end of the weak. The younger gen, they think they are perfect and everyone should be just like them, so anything others do is weird and shouldn't be allowed. For me I'll probably never grow out of doing crazy stuff to my hair, I'd done it for 10 years and still do it now. It's our way of feeling comfortable being who we are.
cupidstunt
Aug 11 2017, 10:02 PM
Only dyed it deep blue or black before. And got annoyed having to re-dye it every 2 weeks or less when my dark brown hair roots come through. I don't worry about future jobs as I haven't had a job in years due to many health issues and disabilities I have.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More