Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

I'm sorry daughter but your father's not the same I can look into your eyes and I'll swear that I will change But tomorrow is tomorrow so forgive me if I stay You can hide beneath the covers while I hide behind the pain Lion, by Hollywood Undead

Emo Forums » Emo Fashion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - stargazer
stargazer
Moms and Hair Feb 07 2018, 09:03 PM
Okay. I have this natural black hair, like, actually black. And for a while it was really short but I kind of let it grow long but now it just looks plain and boring. And I kind of want to cut like those side-swept bangs (not sure what to call it). But my mom is like no...that's not professional and bla bla. Because apprently I have to look like I am out of an abercombie and fitch magaizine. But anyhow, I really want to cut my hair and dye the tips red. What do you guys think, does red even look good with black? I am honestly shit when it comes to fashion. Like I am freaking out. I already have to work around my mom for clothes, I don't know how happy she will be about the hair. But like....i'm almost 18 so whatever, right? Do any of you have problems with your parents when it comes to clothes and hair? or is that just me?

Replies

Emo Pictures - Septikal
Septikal
Feb 07 2018, 10:37 PM
Depends, but yes black goes great with red. All you can do is try to convince her to let you do what you want with your hair. It is YOUR hair. Mine didn't like the emo culture because of stereotypes but I convinced her to let me start growing my hair out to style it. If she doesn't approve because of stereotypes, tell her what emo is and isn't and see what she thinks.
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Feb 08 2018, 08:28 AM
Red and black go very well together and my mum was the same, but I still did it :P
Emo Pictures - stargazer
stargazer
Feb 08 2018, 04:38 PM
Thanks guys. You are probably right. I mean, it is my hair. She can't really do anything anyways. I mean, I can move out in like two months. Besides, parents are supposed to support their kids and not judge them (not that this is usually the case) :P
LipsOfDeceit
Feb 11 2018, 09:42 PM
The first time I dyed my hair at 14 or 15 my mum grounded me but as I got older it got less of an issue... maybe because I was getting older or because it just became more common I don’t really know. People still make their opinion clear that they think I should “grow out of it” but at the end of the day do what makes you feel good :)

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More