Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

I try to be mature, Stay polite but I'm really thinking what’s it worth When deep inside of me I can't breathe I'm a victim of a love sick curse Outta My System, by Simple Plan

Emo Forums » Emo Music (Reply)

LittleWitch
Some Odd/Out Of The Ordinary Bands Feb 18 2018, 04:35 AM
I truly fell in love with Die Antwoord and their style of music? Which is a mixture between rap and rave music, originating from South Africa. And then I found myself listening to a Chinese hip hop group called The Higher Brother, to which I both recommend highly. So I just wanted to see if anyone else found some really interesting bands that they wish to mention? I’ve been looking to expand my music tastes? :)

Replies

BeautifulTragedy
Feb 18 2018, 12:32 PM
I've recently discovered The Bunny the Bear. I guess I'd consider them post-hardcore, but they mix a lot of other genres into their sound such as electronic and pop and some metalcore. There's only two members in the band - "the Bunny" (who provides the harsh growled vocals) and "the Bear" (who provides the clean and melodic vocals). I'd recommend In Like Flynn, Your Reasons, Ocean Floor, I Am Free, It's Not Always Cold in Buffalo, and Revisiting Romance if you'd like to check them out ^.^ I'd also recommend Avatar, they used to be a melodic death metal band but now they're more avant-garde metal/alternative metal. Like TBTB they also combine other genres into their sound, in a couple of their songs there's a strong country influence. They have this freakshow aesthetic as well and that makes them even more enjoyable imo
LittleWitch
Feb 18 2018, 04:54 PM
Oh wow those bands sound really cool! I’ll be sure to check them out for sure ^.^ I’m always on the lookout for some really out of the ordinary bands. By any chance have you listened to GWAR? :p
BeautifulTragedy
Feb 18 2018, 05:13 PM
I've heard of GWAR but I never really had the chance to listen them haha. They do seem cool tho and I'll check them out eventually
LittleWitch
Feb 18 2018, 05:15 PM
To be perfectly honest, it’s not really my style but like their look is so like amazing in a sense. I listened to a couple of their songs but like I am mostly captivated by their stage appearances and stuff. Ya know?
BeautifulTragedy
Feb 18 2018, 05:41 PM
Gotcha, I checked out a couple of their songs and while they are talented and I like the genre of music they play I just couldn't get into them. Their stage appearance is really cool, I love it when bands are theatrical or have some sort of theme tbh
LittleWitch
Feb 18 2018, 05:57 PM
Oh same, I think that is why I love Marilyn Manson so much? But I also adore is musical talents. I went to see him in concert and he was playing with The Smashing Pumpkins, so it was amazing to see his performance. Have you heard of Rammstein?
BeautifulTragedy
Feb 18 2018, 06:35 PM
I have! I love Rammstein actually
LittleWitch
Feb 18 2018, 06:51 PM
Same! They are honestly amazing! Favorite song?
BeautifulTragedy
Feb 18 2018, 07:26 PM
My favourite is Moskau, I really like Buck Dich and Tier as well. What's yours?
LittleWitch
Feb 18 2018, 07:47 PM
Mine is probably Engel and Ich tu dir wuh, I just wish I actually spoke German haha
BeautifulTragedy
Feb 18 2018, 08:19 PM
lmao same

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More