Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

A warning to the people, the good and the evil This is war To the soldier, the civilian, the martyr, the victim This is war This Is War, by 30 Seconds to Mars

Emo Forums » Emo Music (Reply)

Emo Pictures - DrCrazyman
DrCrazyman
DSBM/Atmospheric Black Metal Mar 12 2018, 08:37 PM
Hello there. Have any of you heard of the Depressive Suicidal Black Metal genre of music? I know it's walking on thin ice promoting this kind of stuff in here, but it's not really what it seems. The monotone, long, repetetive tracks are not there to convince you that your life should not be lived any more. Well yes, there is some of that in there too, but fuck those artists... What it should do is point out the beauty of the world, the things that you usually not think about even for one second during the day. Some people in the comments on youtube have even said that this is what actually keeps them alive. It's kinda like a drug trip in a lot of ways. For me (!) it's addictive, I should not be left alone to listen to this for too long, but at the span of let's say, an hour, it provides me with a trip that can be both relaxing and unsettling. When you close your eyes, I bet you can picture yourself walking through desolate wilderness, it's cold and snowy. Most of all, it is beautiful. I fully understand if you can't see past the monotone melodies, shitty production and all the bloody-murder screaming - it's fine, most people cannot. I would just like to know there's someone who actually understand the concept. The number of DSBM/Atmospheric Black Metal artists is huge already and it is a growing a great deal each day. I've paid the genre another visit recently, and gosh, so much to catch up on. So, for those who are up to it, I give you a list of some of the projects along with a warning - it may leave a permanent mark on your soul, just like it did on mine: Lustre, Sadness, ColdWorld, Austere, Ghost Bath, Apati, Woods of Desolation, Nargaroth, Happy Days, Lost Inside, Lifelover. Please, make sure to listen to some pop punk afterwards!

Replies

Lord_Of_Woe
Mar 13 2018, 12:28 PM
For me it's just another form of music I enjoy. It's never left a mark on me before.
Emo Pictures - Poyo
Poyo
Mar 26 2018, 12:25 AM
yaaaaaaaas https://mydeathbed.bandcamp.com/ nails deep in wounds is one of the most recent tracks to really fill me with that unsettled but airy trip
Emo Pictures - DrCrazyman
DrCrazyman
Mar 26 2018, 09:52 PM
It sure has some nice artworks!
Emo Pictures - Undercover_Hoe
Undercover_Hoe
Apr 11 2018, 05:39 AM
yesss I love Coldworld and Ghost Bath! I listen to them when I'm trying to sleep and my neighbors are being loud. Soothing and they drown out everything else.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More