Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

When something like a soul becomes initialized and folded up like Paper dolls and little notes, you can't expect a bit of hope So while you're outside looking in, describing what you see Remember what you're staring at is me through glass, by Stonesour

Emo Forums » Emo Lifestyle (Reply)

blader
How did you guys end up being a part of this subculture Apr 26 2018, 03:20 PM
I am very interested to hear your stories. Was it because of a single event, or did life just take a paths wich led to the emo culture. Thank u in advance

Replies

LittleWitch
Apr 26 2018, 04:46 PM
To be perfectly honestly, I got more into it because of the band Blood On The Dance Floor (I’m not too keen on them anymore though) but I really admired the two frontmans’ styles and how they played off each other on stage. So I begun buying their merch which led me to HotTopic, in all its glory. Where I begin buying multicolored pants and accessories. I didn’t really start shaping my style until this year, that’s when I begun branching out into gothic clothing, punk, and pastel. ^^
Chickenkickflip
Apr 27 2018, 03:42 AM
The first person I ever had feelings for was scene and I slowly became emo over the two years of knowing them, I though having a similar style would increase my chances with her, it didn't. But I still rock the style and I really like it
Emo Pictures - plainity
plainity
Apr 28 2018, 10:24 PM
i've liked my chemical romance since 2014 because i felt empowered by their music and they helped me through dark times... this year i also had some dark times and revisited mcr and wanted to find more similar bands and found out about pierce the veil and bring me the horizon... it all inspired me to also dress in black and wear accessories, and i feel very good. i've never taken care of myself and now i feel like i can express myself and heal. i know a lot of people are into this subculture and found comfort in that <3
Emo Pictures - sique-seshomaru
sique-seshomaru
May 17 2018, 06:25 PM
I've never not been alternative in one way or another, but I've cycled through a fair few styles over the years. I was goth for a couple of years, and that's when I really started taking pride in my image, but I'd adopted goth in order to try and impress a guy, and it wasn't me at all. I eventually quit that shit and realised I needed to keep taking pride in my image in the way that I'd been doing, but do it for a style that I really loved personally. I'd always been inspired by scene and emo fashion when I was younger, but hadn't had the money or figure to pull it off. That, and the fact that I'm just an overgrown child, so I wanted a style that reflected that. Replicating classic MySpace fashion became my passion and my hobby, and it was the best decision I ever made.
Emo Pictures - Undercover_Hoe
Undercover_Hoe
Jun 20 2018, 01:27 AM
I like some scene/emo music but I don't consider myself part of the subculture I got into goth stuff because I got picked on in school and felt weak and helpless. I decided to make myself look scary. Pulled together a look and then actually did some research and found out what the goth subculture was all about, decided I liked the music/art/aesthetic etc and stuck around.
Emo Pictures - Undead_Nightmare
Undead_Nightmare
Jul 27 2018, 05:59 PM
I was a depressed, misunderstood kid who found other depressed, misunderstood kids lol
metalX
Jul 28 2018, 03:55 PM
It's simple. Good music n havin none close 2 me. N i still don't get why it's so difficult 2 have just 1 friend. Also as i remember i've never had adult friends. They don't like me n i don't like em either.
EmoKing96
Jul 30 2018, 02:07 AM
Back when the emo fad was at its peak of popularity, (2008 - 2011) I hated it. I didn't like that emo people were so weird, creepy and depressing, especially with their excessive dark colors. But long story short, I developed depression in 2011 and by the end of the year I realized I was emo the whole time and I gave the subculture a chance. The music is relatable and I fell in love with the style because it's cool and creative and there's so much you can do with it. Sadly, I turned emo at the wrong time, right when the fad was becoming unpopular to the hipster fad. Before I was emo I was a hipster myself but I didn't even know what a hipster was until a couple years later in 2013 when the hipster nerd style went mainstream, and all the celebs and normies started to dress like me when I went through that phase... Prior to being emo I was that one weird outcast who was obsessed with the fashion in Late 80's/Early 90's sitcoms... Ironically, my transition from hipster to emo is the other way around for most people. In 2010, I never thought there'd come an era where it's cool to wear high-waisted skinny jeans, ugly neon running shoes as casual shoes, ugly Christmas sweaters, retro 80's tribal patterns and oversized glasses... The normies took the hipster nerd style to a level cringe I never thought was possible... Back in the ghetto fabulous days (Mid - Late 90's & 00's) you would get roasted for wearing most of what's 'hot' right now... Even half of the emo/scene population in Chicago wasn't wearing skinny jeans in the Mid - Late 00's. Skinny jeans were always an alternative here until 2012/2013. Tight pants are now the standard pair of pants all over the world, like Bell Bottoms were in the 70's...
emohunter42
Jul 31 2018, 09:41 AM
you shouldnt.... you look like a zombie chick with died hair
emohunter42
Jul 31 2018, 09:42 AM
how did you get that hairstyle? one of your parents a parrot?
emohunter42
Jul 31 2018, 09:43 AM
your makeup makes you look like you are cosplaying some weird hentai stuff? is that what you are going for?
Emo Pictures - MaximusStephonovich
MaximusStephonovich
Sep 28 2018, 02:41 PM
Well, it was on this one dark night. The moon was out and I was invited to a club in the forest. I arrived there at 12:00 am exactly, only to be greeted by people with colorful hair and some strange rings around their necks. I assume they were chokers or something. Then they all put on this dark robe and gathered around this what looked like a pentagram circle. After that, they started chanting: ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!
xxkawaii_dragonxx
Oct 16 2018, 06:37 PM
I would like to thank Falling In Reverse and Hot Topic xD I have been emo since 6th grade and I am going into college soon.
DarthJoking
Jan 23 2019, 09:36 PM
Always liked dressing edgy and different since 2005-ish... Not always had emo-ish hair, the last 5-6 years much prefered it, helps with my severe anxiety to hide my face when feeling anxious in public. Started to really love that look. I find other hairstyles boring and too normal.
HxExLxExNxA
Jan 26 2019, 09:23 AM
Ever since I was little, when I was 3 i told my mom i wanted dye my hair blue. And have bangs to cover my eyes😂 then I started listening to the music, and I really liked it. But it’s hard to be emo in 2019. :( when you can’t réglate to people around you. </3
Emo Pictures - Faggotron
Faggotron
Feb 09 2019, 10:37 PM
My brother was emo, and I liked the style. Then he got a Scene GF, and I fell in love with the style and music. Jeffree Star was also a huge gateway for me. uwu
Emo Pictures - XxYozorasWorldxX
XxYozorasWorldxX
Feb 10 2019, 12:20 AM
Back in 2006 I was only 11 and I pretty much had always liked the style and some music merely associated with the fashion aspect but not "emo" genre wise and it pretty much grew more and more from there and I just enjoy everything about the emo and scene culture...have for over a decade and will continue to. They say it's dead but the ones who are still in this and never did it for a year and dipped or posers who did it for the myspace fame will tell you it's very alive if you look hard enough.
Crow
Feb 19 2019, 01:39 AM
(I’m kinda late, here’s my answer anyway...) When Emo style was in its great days, I was about 10 or younger so I wasn’t that worried about it that time. I got older and around 2016 I got more into subcultures and in the hidden and obscure shit in the internet, I discovered lots of different things and lifestyles. Among them was emo. I always liked to know about different things and even by 10 years old I liked things like some cartoons, books, music and other stuff that weren’t so mainstream. (Creepypasta had a huge, H U G E, part on this) I don’t consider myself emo, even tho I like the Style. I like other styles too, so I don’t tag myself in any of them. Think I just noticed I was a little far from what my friends used to like and to dress (even from my emo Friends). After all this crazy teenager drama I got here. :)
Emo Pictures - hyperfujis
hyperfujis
Mar 17 2019, 04:12 AM
(sorry to necro lol) i've always felt drawn to the subculture. my moment of awakening, however, was when i was about 12. being a huge harry potter fan at the time, i stumbled upon the fanfic my immortal, which is often dubbed the worst fanfic ever, and with good reason. while laughing at the awfulness of the fanfic, i decided to actually check out the bands mentioned throughout the fic. turns out i actually enjoyed their music. as the years went on, i slowly became more and more emo, and now at age 18 i can safely say that i'm pretty emo lol. and it all started with a shitty harry potter fanfic that made fun of the subculture
Emo Pictures - acecolette453
acecolette453
Mar 19 2019, 02:19 AM
I honestly really don't know I don't really consider myself emo but I have a big obsession with the emo style

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More