Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Use me as you will... Pull my strings just for a thrill... And I know I'll be okay... Though my skies are turning gray... Smokahontas, by Attack Attack!

Emo Forums » Emo Music (Reply)

blader
is emo one genre or not Apr 26 2018, 03:33 PM
I heard someone saying that "emo" is a term for a lifestyle and that emo people actually listen to other genres f.e drama pop, poppunk, screamo etc .e

Replies

LittleWitch
Apr 26 2018, 04:35 PM
I mean it would get kind to boring to just listen to like on genre for the rest of your life time. Haha, like I would generally listen to anything that catches my attention.
LittleWitch
Apr 26 2018, 04:35 PM
Doesn’t necessarily have to be emo
Emo Pictures - Avalanche
Avalanche
Apr 27 2018, 01:51 AM
First of all I wouldn't consider it a lifestyle despite being a subculture as it's generally associated with phases children go through. Now that's out of the way, Emo is a genre of music as well as a subculture, but in regards to the genre it is only one genre, not to be confused with 2000s pop punk... Real Emo came from the 80s and the straight edge punk scene as well as the Skramz scene of the 90s however the subculture itself is associated with a wide array of music genres, primarily post-hardcore with Screamo influence and Pop Punk, recently however there has been an melodic hardcore influence with some of the original Emo Skramz-esque sounds.
Emo Pictures - xXeMoRaCeRXx
xXeMoRaCeRXx
Apr 27 2018, 08:11 AM
Please read our What is Emo? pages for more information as well.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More