Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

Tear me limb from limb, I'm just a voodoo doll, stick a needle in my eye so I can finally cry, so I finally cry VooDoo Doll, by Ghost Town

Emo Forums » Emo Fashion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - ShatteredRipple
ShatteredRipple
As an emo do u always wear black?H Jul 02 2018, 08:45 PM
Hi all..so I love emo bands coz to me thats the important part. But i'm not clued up on the fashion. So i just asked this question on someone's youtube channel and she was so rude to me. So i thought i'd ask everyone here. I'm not a teenager so i genuinely don't know.i'm actually in my forties..but there's no upper age limit to music tastes or so i thought.Hope its ok to ask. I'm quite shy and get really bad anxiety so she really upset me :(.

Replies

Lord_Of_Woe
Jul 02 2018, 09:14 PM
Wearing all black is an individual thing not an emo thing. I wear all black because I just want to.
ShatteredRipple
Jul 03 2018, 07:49 AM
Thankyou for answering my question. I got into the music via my nephew. He knew i love music and he was always recommending bands. He is autistic he has aspergers syndrome. So he likes to talk about things he is really interested in.
LittleWitch
Jul 08 2018, 02:52 AM
I find that most people just feel more comfortable wearing black. After all the color simply goes with anything. When I first dove into the style I refused to wear anything that wasn’t black. But now that I developed my own kind of style, I say that you should branch out and simply wear what you feel best expresses yourself :3
ShatteredRipple
Jul 09 2018, 03:12 PM
That makes sense thanks for replying.
Emo Pictures - acecolette453
acecolette453
Jul 31 2018, 01:29 AM
I wear a lot of black because I love too, and I feel like it's the best color that looks good on me
EmoKing96
Jul 31 2018, 10:02 PM
When I was a emo noob, I used to wear all black almost every day since 2011, but it got kinda old after a while, so last year I decided to start wearing and experimenting with bright colors more often. I'm interested in the scene look now. It's dead and obscure, but idc. I think the style looks cool and there's a lot you can do with it, since it's basically just the bright or colorful version of emo. I still wear all black sometimes, though. Especially in the winter. Some days I dress stereotypically emo, some days I don't.
DarthJoking
Feb 06 2019, 10:37 PM
NO, and I'm alternative more than stereotypically emo. Mostly black,dark grey,grey,camo green, navy I wear. I don't wear bright colours at all, as they don't suit me and got pale af skin.
BitterSweetSerenade
Feb 06 2019, 11:27 PM
I personally wear a lot of black clothing but not JUST black. I wear a lot of black clothes because it makes me feel good, and it serves as a visual marker with which other people can identify me as emo, so I can find like-minded people irl. Wearing black is a part of the Emo culture, but not as pervasive as it is in the Goth subculture. The Emo cultural aesthetic has more to do with wearing band tees which, conceivably, can be any color, and having distinct hairstyles that I can't describe in words but you probably know.
Bones
Jul 26 2019, 12:17 PM
I find that most smart women’s clothes are black I wear more black now that when I was younger and tried to dress ‘emo’
Emo Pictures - xXghost07Xx
xXghost07Xx
Sep 24 2019, 03:24 AM
I think ALL black is more goth than emo, just from the different sort of appearances I observed. Dark blue skinny jeans are perfectly emo, for instance.
ShatteredRipple
Feb 07 2020, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone
Emo Pictures - Ghost_of_Silence
Ghost_of_Silence
Mar 06 2020, 10:02 PM
not always. I like to mix it up a bit from time to time but black is definitely a core element. black and nothing else all the time would get boring pretty quick tbh
Xx_Affectus_xX
May 18 2020, 03:56 PM
Black generally matches with a lot of other clothing, but isn't a must. You could even get away with dark blues nowadays. Try a dark blue bottom with a tee shirt of your favourite band - simple and doesn't take away from the meaning behind the art.
fullyfazed
May 27 2020, 08:03 PM
personally while in quarantine i've gotten a little lazy fashion-wise. But outside of that and on days like today where I actually tried, no! There's usually some black incorporated into my outfit cause it feels weird without it, but I don't always wear all black. I think it's really up to personal preference, and (to my knowledge) all-black outfits are more common in the gothic and dark-inclined subcultures :)
Emo Pictures - nostalgiac-pigeon
nostalgiac-pigeon
Jun 29 2020, 03:59 AM
Nah, I like to wear it with pink and lavender too. Sometimes rainbow stuff cause why not :)
chesterrose_
Jul 08 2020, 05:31 AM
I wear mostly black cuz that's just me, but there's not really a strict black code or anything. Goth is more of the all black style than emo.
Emo Pictures - xX_D34THW1SH_Xx
xX_D34THW1SH_Xx
Oct 14 2020, 12:38 PM
No! I mean... Usually I wear all black but I liek to wear black with other colours 2 I really like how I look in white so I liek those 2010 style band shirts that r white and have bright neon designs and texts with black skinny jeans :) I don't typically wear 'normal' clothes though, just emo/scene clothes that are different coloured xd Black is always a good choice tho
DarkDream
Nov 09 2020, 04:55 PM
Nope... But bright colours don't suit me either. I tried.

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More