Emo Scene Community

1000's of emo guys & girls!

Search soEmo

Top Emo Bands View All

Emo Lyrics View All

I know the only words that you have for me. Are give up and get out, You'd like to think that we've been beaten. But we're here to stay, Forever and always. Devil's Night, by Motionless In White

Emo Forums » General Emo Discussion (Reply)

Emo Pictures - neogalaxyeyez
neogalaxyeyez
Embarassed about being Emo? Aug 09 2018, 01:41 AM
So I haven't been emo for a while now. I was wondering if any of you guys feel embarassed about being emo. Not to be rude, of course. The reason why I stopped is because of how I felt people felt about me. I'd be cool to know if people feel the same way and why you're still emo. Haven't logged onto this site in a while so hmu if u want! :O

Replies

EmoKing96
Aug 09 2018, 06:18 AM
Not at all. It's what I am and I like the style. There's a lot you can do with it.
Emo Pictures - acecolette453
acecolette453
Aug 12 2018, 06:53 PM
I love the style especially on guys. I'm not emo but I wish I was sometimes
LittleWitch
Aug 13 2018, 06:45 PM
I’m not particularly embarrassed at all. The main thing is that I had to come to terms with accepting myself as a person, and loving the way I am.
EmoKing96
Aug 13 2018, 11:41 PM
@LittleWitch: No offense, but you don't look stereotypically emo or scene... I'm just sayin'.
LittleWitch
Aug 14 2018, 02:00 AM
^ nor do you? because you have never posted a picture before? also it’s all in the eyes of the beholder, I dress differently everyday, so no one is particularly the same outfit as their profile picture.
EmoKing96
Aug 14 2018, 06:40 AM
"It's all in the eyes of the beholder" You're incorrect in this case... Maybe you look totally different irl, but believe me, no one will automatically assume you're emo when they see your profile pic. Trust me, I'm literally the emo king and I know emo when I see it. They'll see an ordinary, trendy, hipster girl. You want every stranger to know you're emo right away, don't you? Man, this forum is a joke... About 90% of the people who still come here in this lame era are hipsters... If I used my real pic, I'd show you all how it's REALLY done... You're not even old enough to remember when the emo look was mainstream! I have 0 respect for anyone who was born in the 21st Century 'cause all kids know is freakin' hipster garbage. What do you know about the emo style other than what you see on the internet? You were like, freakin' 6 years old when Justin Bieber came along and ruined the emo sidesweep...
LittleWitch
Aug 14 2018, 04:25 PM
^ cool rant dude
EmoKing96
Aug 14 2018, 07:14 PM
Of course you ain't got nothin' to say! You ain't about the emo life, gtfoh. Who you foolin'?! You're not even putting up a fight 'cause you know I'm right. If you really think you're emo, which you clearly aren't, then this is nothing but a phase for you and you FAIL at it. Emo is dead. This forum should be renamed sohipster for this era.
LittleWitch
Aug 14 2018, 07:43 PM
^ I choose not to engage with talking to someone who clearly doesn’t even know how to hold up a proper conversation. You are literally fighting with someone who is younger than you, and pulling out all your defense mechanisms. kind of funny if you ask me.
EmoKing96
Aug 14 2018, 09:25 PM
Witch, please, you're not even trying to engage in a conversation because you know I got you. You're making excuses like 'You're too old to be arguing with me' to try to shut me down. That's YOUR defense mechanism. I'm not defending myself whatsoever, I'm just telling it like it is. Why the hell would me being older than you make anything I say invalid? It doesn't, and your comebacks are weak. I'm simply pointing out that you're a fraud and you're not even trying to convince me otherwise. Besides, you should know that emo is an old, short-lived, outdated fad that boomed with teens in the Mid - Late 00's. So of course most people on this website (whether they still come here or not) are in their 20's now. Your generation is the minority here, so you can't age-bash mine. Therefore, the pioneers of your subculture of interest have the right to test and criticize self-proclaimed emo people in younger generations. What's funny here is that you claim to be emo when you're too young to know anything about it, and you don't even care enough about your own subculture to look the part. Just admit it, you're not emo. You're just a trendy girl with a bit of depression or whatever. You can't claim to be something when you're not old enough to remember it. It's like a person who can't remember the Early 90's claiming to be 'Grunge'. When a trend becomes scarce, revivals are rarely 100% accurate. The people who get it right are usually those who were around and they're nostalgic for that particular era from whence the style came. Like I am with the 00's. When younger generations try to revive something, it's not the same. They ruin it with crappy modern trends and call themselves whatever they claim to be when they clearly aren't. Not to the pioneers at least. Imagine a hipster kid who was born in 2006 is nostalgic for the hipster nerd style from the 2010's, but is all grown up and comes to a hipster forum in 2036, and nobody the looks the part because the mainstream style is something completely different at that point and almost everyone's moved on. Do you see where I'm coming from now? Do you understand my frustration? I don't mean to be a prick, I just live in the past and I don't like change. I don't like the direction fashion's been going in this decade. I used to be a hipster myself before the look was mainstream, but the normies ruined it. Everyone looks so lame trying to be a hipster. Fashion in this decade is an abomination.
LittleWitch
Aug 17 2018, 12:34 AM
meaning you are a conservative if you don’t like change.. dude you literally spent so long writing that just to come out and say that you are just frustrated with the whole style in itself. why did you even feel the need to talk to me in the first place? just to vent in like 6 paragraphs about how much you hate the new fashion... lmao as we say in the early 2010’s then cool story bro. you dead ass sound so entitled to your own opinion that you are unwilling to open yourself up to change... like aight. live your life with ranting then.
EmoKing96
Aug 18 2018, 03:31 PM
Wow, are you dumb? Everything I say to you is misunderstood. I didn't mean "I don't like change" in a political way, but now that you mention it, I am indeed a conservative. I meant that I don't like change as far as fashion goes. (And yeah, I don't like progressive, liberal changes either, personally.) "frustrated with the whole style in itself" [Facepalm] Nooo, you completely missed the point... I'm frustrated that the emo style (for the most part) is dead and few people dress legitimately emo these days, even on this forum. The look is out of style and I'm the only one still copping it. That's what I'm frustrated about, you idiot. I talked to you in the first place just to point out that you don't look emo. That's it. You don't even sound emo. Nothing about you is emo and you don't care to prove me otherwise. And you look like my 63 year old aunt with that hairstyle. Btw, Hot Topic isn't emo anymore either, in case you haven't noticed. "you are unwilling to open yourself up to change" As far as fashion goes, no, I'm not. I hate the new style in this decade. Everyone these days is either a hipster nerd, a Drake or Kardashian/Jenner wannabe or they have no style at all. Everyone's swag is lackin' in this decade. Emo music peaked on Pop stations in the Mid 00's when you were a toddler. 2008 was the last year emo music was still fresh on Pop stations... The emo sound was on its last leg in 2009/2010. That was when the Indie/Hipster sound and Techno/Dubstep began to peak in the music industry. Anyway, the bottom line is Emo (and also Goth, and Punk) is dead, but alive like a zombie, and you are not emo enough. You're a noob, a phony with a temporary interest.
Emo Pictures - xX_so_sad_Xx
xX_so_sad_Xx
Sep 19 2018, 04:22 AM
emo has been the only thing that has made me feel part of something which is why i stay emo. for me it feels like a less elitist punk rock scene? more about being yourself and being more in touch with your feelings of anger and love and all that other dumb stuff idk. it's a great scene and it's sad to see people leave tbh :(
Emo Pictures - MissingOrgans
MissingOrgans
Jul 16 2019, 09:24 AM
Yah, because I'm the only one in my family to be like that, and none of my friends are emo, either. It makes me feel bad because people sometimes call me a " psychopath ", or simply " weird ". Also, I'm highly embarrassed by the fact that I don't look so emo, duh D=
Cford
Oct 10 2019, 05:45 PM
Thank you for posting such a great article! I found your website perfect essay writing service of needs. It contains wonderful and helpful posts. Keep up the good work. Thank you for this wonderful. Also check Roblox Gift Card
Emo Pictures - xXghost07Xx
xXghost07Xx
Nov 22 2019, 07:46 PM
I wouldn't say embarrassed. I would say scared. It really has gotten that bad for the few people who are still obviously emo.
Xx_Affectus_xX
Feb 10 2020, 01:45 PM
@EmoKing96, I know you posted your comments in 2018, however, I'm curious to know what your views are today (i.e. the year 2020)? Tbh, I share your juvenoia. Although, as somebody who is 4 years your major, I can't quite understand your criticisms on LittleWitch. If you look at the band members from most of the emo bands in the early to mid-2000s, most of them were born in the late 80s/early-90s. They didn't criticise the youth that listened to their music(?). It's true that Generation Z (technically, you're included in that cohort) will never understand emo like it was back in the day, just like how we would never know what it was like to live in the 70s or 80s. But nonetheless, they should be free to be whatever they want (within reason, of course). These days there might be slight variations in the way emo music is made by Gen Z bands, however, it's just them adding what they know from their timelines into the music we appreciated and still appreciate. We don't have to like it. You should check out the band, "A Night Like This." Some of their riffs are reminiscent of emo sounds. This is all my opinion of course. Live and let live. \m/
Emo Pictures - Ghost_of_Silence
Ghost_of_Silence
Mar 10 2020, 08:16 PM
not at all

Add Reply

• Please note: Comments soEmo.co.uk considers to be totally unrelated spam will be removed.

Featured Users View More